Author Topic: G Series alternate solder point?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline bruning29

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
G Series alternate solder point?
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:29:34 AM »
I used Dag Sleeper to make a 4 mode mod. I Used two schematics to wire the G Series controller: <http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/394636-tut-creating-rapid-fire-hex-codes/>    (Click on the last spoiler to view image.), and <https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,29999.0.html>   (Scroll down to view image.)  When the mod is OFF the LED will stay on. When changing modes it works like it should flashes for the mode number and turns off.  I tried attaching a diode to the resistor but then the LED would not turn on at all.  Is there an alternate solder point to resolve this problem? 

Pictures would help greatly.

Thank You
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:30:44 AM by bruning29 »

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
Re: G Series alternate solder point?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
you only use the diode if you have a matrix controller.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »
It doesn't matter if he uses a diode or not. You just may have the diode in backwards. But yes Anonamous is right you don't need the diode.

Diodes are like one way streets, electricity will only flow in one direction through it... which is why you may not see your LED turn on.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline bruning29

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »
I guess you guys didn't understand the question sorry. The diode was worth a shot to solve the problem, but i figured it wouldn't work. When i have the mod off the LED light stays on.  When i turn it on it flashes the number of times its supposed to for each mode and turns off like it should.  I need to know if there is another soldering point for the positive wire so its not direct current to the battery? I assume thats why the LED is on when the mod is off.

Offline drummerdude

• BST BAN
  • ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +11/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 02:00:23 PM »
I have used dag sleeper before. and thats how it is supposed to be. The led is supposed to be on when the mod is off

"I'm not a very tall person, however I show self-confidence of a bigger person"

Offline bruning29

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 02:22:27 PM »
It doesn't do that on the Matrix tho. Are you sure there isn't a way to turn it off. I have a buddy that bought a modded controller and his isn't on till he turns the mod on. His is off till he holds one of the triggers then presses the sync. I think that the chip doesn't on his doesn't even have power to it till he does that. Is there a way to do the same but using down on the d-pad instead? His is also an 8 pin chip not sure what type because he won't let me take it off lol. I'm using a 12f683 with dual trigger rapid fire and single trigger rapid fire from Dag Sleeper.  I should have posted that earlier it probably would help to know that so you have a better idea of what I'm working with.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:03:55 AM by bruning29 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal