Author Topic: PSP BUTTON PROBLEM!!! :(  (Read 15005 times)

Offline BKnugget18

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP BUTTON PROBLEM!!! :(
« on: December 02, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »
My PSP buttons don't work in the XMB menu the only buttons that work is the volume buttons and the darken screen button. I know this isnt a hardware problem because I have auto start game setting on, and it will let me play the game normaly, but I wont be able to leave the game unless I shut down the PSP or pop out the battery! Also my CFW is 5.50 GEN-A(FULL) if that means anything like if there were a bug for this CFW! If anyone knows anything please send me a message on what to do step by step with links, and if I need to someone tell me how to get OFW back instead of CFW if that will fix my PSP! PLEASEEEEEE HELLLLLPPPPP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VISIT THIS LINK FOR MY VIDEO: !!!PSP BUTTON PROBLEM!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:57:09 PM by BKnugget18 »

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: PSP BUTTON PROBLEM!!! :(
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 04:51:03 PM »
i've never seen this happen before but i'm not a PSP expert maybe somebody will read this and know exactly whats wrong.

Did you ever tear apart this PSP?

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline BKnugget18

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 12:34:51 PM »
NO I HAVE NEVER TOOK APART MY PSP PLZ ASK AROUND AND SEE IF ANYONE CAN FIND A SOLUTION! :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg:

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »
go into recovery mode>advanced settings> format flash 1 and reset settings. this may fix it. this has fixed a lot of my software problems

Offline BKnugget18

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »
NO IT DIDNT WORK IT JUST GOES TO FACTORY SETTINGS, AND I STILL CAN'T MOVE! PLZ EVERY ONE KEEP ON SEARCHING! :beg:

Offline 45th Assassin

• Modder in Training
  • Registered BST
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Modder in the Making....
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »
Well, if your sure that the hardware isn't faulty AND you reflash/restore your cfw....to no avail

Then it could only be one possible thing------You must accidentally and consistently flip the "HOLD" switch every time you go into the xmb. This happens to the best of us and we usually can't explain why or what provokes us to do it.... but, we can recognize the fact we do it and we must try to resist flipping the switch. Nah, just kidding!

If you do reflash/restore your cfw and it doesn't work then perhaps you aren't doing it correctly because that would almost definitely correct it (try switching to a later firmware perhaps)
-------if the above solutions don't work, I would have to say there is a hardware related problem (could be with the mobo, but am unsure)

GOOD LUCK!

Offline BKnugget18

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 06:57:04 PM »
Thank you man it worked! At first I was mad at you cause I was like I think I would know if I was switching the damn hold button down but then I saw you actually had a real answer and it worked! Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal