Author Topic: help with monitor  (Read 1234 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
help with monitor
« on: April 19, 2008, 09:50:31 AM »
ok so long story short i came across a deal i couldnt resist it was destiny i was there at that moment it was at a garage sale in my neighbor hood and shis lady had a sva 17in flatscreen ev 1730 monitor with built in coaxil cable sv input and the 3jack for dvd and consoles for 15 dollars i was skeptical so i was like if it dont work i want my money back and she said ok i get home later and it dosent power on so i wana keep it anyway cus it was only 15 bucks and i might be able to pull out the vga converters but dose anyone know anything helpfull before i do this?

ok i opened and on the main board this is what i see im pretty shure thats my prob so dose anyone know what those are and if just bridgeing them will work or presonaly know somone who might be able to help im willing to spend money on fixing it because i got it so cheap
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:53:05 AM by folklord36 »

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: help with monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 09:54:19 AM »
looks like the caps are blown

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:10:57 AM »
idk if by caps u mean capacitors they look fine its that melted resister or whatever it is i think i wana bridge it but ima take it to a hi tec tv shop by my house they will tell me replace the whole board prob idk

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »
look at the top of the capacitors in the picture it looks like they are covered in the electrolytic fluid that is on side of them.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
ohh yhea i see no its just marker all of them have a litle makr on the top. but im pretty shure the only damageed thing is c115 all the black on the surroundong caps is like soot looks like an open flame was put to it. i think c115 malfunctiond and caught fire i hope ita a fuse cus im bout to bridge it is their a way to tell what it is with a multimeter?
ive called every computer and tv repair shop in town everyone tells me go to manufacter but i think the warranty is up on it so what do i do try and buy a working one with a crushed screen and swap mobo i need to know what c115 is

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal