Author Topic: introducing the xbox one the full details inside  (Read 23027 times)

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
introducing the xbox one the full details inside
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »

well its offical many thought it was the xbox 720 i personally thought it was the xbox infinity well its offical introducing the xbox one

first things first heres a list of specs

for thoses who can not see the picture

a heavily customized AMD chip that combines an eight-core CPU, a GPU tailored for DirectX 11.1 graphics and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory. The 28nm chip will consume around 100 watts, which is slightly higher than current Xbox Slim and PS3, but Microsoft promises noise from the cooling fans will be "four times quieter."

8 gb system memory

a 500GB hard drive of unknown speed plus a Blu-ray / DVD combo drive that will be used as little as possible. We're told disc-based games will be ripped to the HDD automatically.

this is a first for the xbox universe but a well welcomed one a blu-ray drive

HDMI 1.4 output and passthrough; a "few" USB 3.0 ports; gigabit Ethernet; plus, three separate 802.11n radios to allow the console to communicate with its controller (over a form of WiFi Direct)

the controller in pictures

personally i love the look of the controller while it may be a  abit of a change from the standard  360 us modders have come to  mod and love
the minor specs on a controller that makes all the difference
  • A clickier d-pad
    Smaller control sticks with a tighter dead zone
    Control sticks that take less effort to move (phew!)
    A new "View" button in place of the back button... could pop up your inventory or map in an RPG or the leaderboards in an FPS
    A new "Menu" button in place of the forward button... would go to a game's menu.
    "Triple-shot" face buttons that make them look snazzier and require less force to use (phew again!)
    Vibration motors ("impulse triggers") in the triggers (This is awesome. Find out more from our friends at Gizmodo.)
    High-speed data port
    Less-obtrusive battery compartment running AA batteries.

the system from different points of views

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:26:59 PM by toadzilla »

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
Re: introducing the xbox one the full details inside
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »
Don't need one, but I know Matt thinks he does lol ..I can't wait to see how fluent that channel change thing really is in person though. I was 100% sure bluray would be added, so no shocker there and is pretty useless to us since we sold our bluray player(PS3) from lack of use. Also, that controller is fugly! ..at the end of the day, if I had to choose PS4 or Xbox One, Xbox it is once again. Let the console wars begin LOL
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
introducing the xbox one the full details inside
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:20:27 PM »
Are those buttons illuminated.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »
Are those buttons illuminated.
i currently have about thirty tabs open gathering info i haven't seen much on the controller besides the pictures i posted it but it looks amazing
 im also still  updating the article with pictures

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
You know I talked with one of my friends who was a big fan boy. His complaint was how weak the xbox one looks. I gave him some much needed information about the hardware and how over power it is but how they are not doing the console sole for gaming but for media to compete with apple. His complaint still was how ridiculous the xbox is. I swear some people don't get it or understand... Btw I doubt fully that M$ is going with a 8 core processor. To much of an overkill even for media. I mean HTPC 4 core is plenty enough. 8Gb well.. with window 8 I think they might stay but i think they might use window RT and only require 2Gb like on the PS 4. even with cross platform 1Gb is plenty for communication and game play. 

btw a quick look as someone already took the xbox one apart
http://www.ps3hax.net/2013/05/xbox-one-next-gen-xbox-confirmed-specifications-xboxreveal-xboxone/
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:13:47 PM by The End of A Heartache »
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 04:34:11 PM »
i just found this one this looks like its going to be  alot to take apart

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »
Sucks i totally missed the reveal and  You would think Microsoft could come up with a better looking console then this.  and the controller looks like something gamestop makes,    cheaply made and totally thought they would of put alot more work in to the design ,   the slim is very slick and nice looking, you think they would of tried to top that.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
can it be rgh'd lol
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »
can it be rgh'd lol
lmao also note guys this is going to be updated though out the night as i find more details and awesome things that i know you would like to know

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »
Sucks i totally missed the reveal and  You would think Microsoft could come up with a better looking console then this.  and the controller looks like something gamestop makes,    cheaply made and totally thought they would of put alot more work in to the design ,   the slim is very slick and nice looking, you think they would of tried to top that.

It may look that way, but I personally like getting my hands on it before judging. Function before form. Besides, if it was too good looking, then there would not be a need to mod it.

I just wish I could get my hands on the controller. I wanna be the first to crack that b!tch.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:27 PM »
It may look that way, but I personally like getting my hands on it before judging. Function before form. Besides, if it was too good looking, then there would not be a need to mod it.

I just wish I could get my hands on the controller. I wanna be the first to crack that b!tch.
I totally agree ... just though it would be slick looking like the slim and I will take care of its looks i am going to do a console mod on the first one i buy :) maybe i will send you a controller if it comes with 2 of them :D

Does anyone have video of the  reveal?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:41:33 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Schurman

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »
To start, I am completely pissed at Microsoft for what a stupid product that have revealed today.

All they revealed today were three very stupid things:

Skype for the Xbox, TV on the Xbox, and Kinect 2.

The reveal today was crappy and I hated it for lack of exciting content. We don't care about being able to watch TV or use Skype on the Xbox!

I don't know why they couldn't just wait until E3 where they could show off the things we want to see...

Honestly, Microsoft will be killing the gaming industry with this new Xbox.

If you were to purchase a used game or borrow a game from a friend, Microsoft will charge you $5 to play it because it is registered to another Xbox User.

The Xbox is (semi)always-on. It will check every 24-hours to see if it has an internet connection. If not, the Xbox cannot be used for anything. It is practically useless.

Microsoft is PARTNERED with EA Games, the worst gaming company in the world for DRMs and play fees.

I will certainly not be buying this Xbox. I will be going with the PS4.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »
Sony and Microsoft's hardware comparison. The newer generation consoles' hardware are very similar.

The better hardware highlighted in green.

Xbox360 Hardware:

Media: DVD, CD-ROM, Download, SATA2 Hard Drive
CPU: 3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon
Memory: 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM clocked at 700 MHz
Graphics: 500 MHz ATI Xenos
Network: 100 Megabit Ethernet

-------------------------------------------

PS3 Hardware:

Media: Blu-Ray, DVD, CD-ROM, Download, PS2, PS1, SATA Hard Drive
CPU: 3.2 GHz Cell Broadband Engine with 1 PPE & 6 SPEs
Memory: 256 MB system and 256 MB video
Graphics: 550 MHz NVIDIA/SCEI RSX 'Reality Synthesizer'
Network: Ethernet 10/100/1000 Megabit

===============================================
*I'm not comparing old generation vs new generation because obviously the PS4 and XboxOne will kick some butt haha

Xbox One Hardware:

Media: Blu-Ray, DVD,  Download, Hard Drive
CPU: AMD 8 core x86-64 - Dual 1.6GHz clock
Memory: 8 GB of DDR3
Graphics: Supports "4K graphics"... basically four times that of 1080p
                Specs of hardware unknown as of yet- but it sounds beefy.

---------------------------------------------

Playstation 4:
Media: Blu-Ray, DVD, Download, Hard Drive
CPU: Semi-custom AMD 8 core x86-64
Memory: 8 GB GDDR5 (unified)
Graphics: Semi-custom AMD Radeon GPU (integrated into APU)

Sources: Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:04:33 PM by FOOKz™ »

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 08:13:27 PM »
AMD has posted that it is a slightly customized APU thats in the one. From that I would say that 4 cores to GPU side and 4 cores on CPU side. Not exactly like an 8 core pc CPU. With the "slightly custom" side it may even run 6 gpu 2 cpu... I will dig around the AMD sites to see if I can figure out more on the architecture.

A single 40-nanometer chip contains both the CPU and GPU rather than the two dedicated 90-nm chips needed in the 360. In fact, a custom SOC (system on a chip) module made by AMD contains the CPU/GPU chip, the memory, the controller logic, the DRAM, and the audio processors, and connects directly to the heat sink via a phase-change interface material. Whew.
Taken from a link on AMD's post aboutthe new xbox.

Wait.. what? Phase change on a console?? wow!!!! :#1:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:16:56 PM by ViSioNXx »

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »
To start, I am completely pissed at Microsoft for what a stupid product that have revealed today.

All they revealed today were three very stupid things:

Skype for the Xbox, TV on the Xbox, and Kinect 2.

The reveal today was crappy and I hated it for lack of exciting content. We don't care about being able to watch TV or use Skype on the Xbox!

I don't know why they couldn't just wait until E3 where they could show off the things we want to see...

Honestly, Microsoft will be killing the gaming industry with this new Xbox.

If you were to purchase a used game or borrow a game from a friend, Microsoft will charge you $5 to play it because it is registered to another Xbox User. first and furmost welcome to am quin  about time u joined lol 2nd i kinda agree im just waiting o

The Xbox is (semi)always-on. It will check every 24-hours to see if it has an internet connection. If not, the Xbox cannot be used for anything. It is practically useless.

Microsoft is PARTNERED with EA Games, the worst gaming company in the world for DRMs and play fees.

I will certainly not be buying this Xbox. I will be going with the PS4.
first and foremost welcome to am quin im sure ur input will be valuable around here 2nd while i agree ea games is horrible with their DRMS  moving forward there wont be  any DRMS and they regret it while im willing to be it has to do with the microsoft partnership it seemed to line up with the reveal way too good.  the xbox has  started becoming  more of an entertainment system rather then just a game system which is why they showed off what they showed i personally cant wait for them to show it off more at e3 with the ps4

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 02:49:11 AM »
AMD has posted that it is a slightly customized APU thats in the one. From that I would say that 4 cores to GPU side and 4 cores on CPU side. Not exactly like an 8 core pc CPU. With the "slightly custom" side it may even run 6 gpu 2 cpu... I will dig around the AMD sites to see if I can figure out more on the architecture.

I have to disagree, when they say 8 cores I believe they mean cpu only. GPU's are hyper-parallel and consist of hundreds->thousands of 'cores' that, in AMDs case, are comprised into tens of compute units. So I don't really understand how they could be refer to both of them under the same core count. My guess is on the cpu side the chip will following closely to trinity by containing 4 piledriver modules (so 8 integer processing units) clocked at relatively low speeds compared to pc counterparts (low clocks since they are not limited by outdated software and can take advantage of many threads). Unsure of what they are going to do on the gpu side to things with this apu, it will be interesting to see what they have planned in the way of optimizing the memory and it's buses to handle the sheer I/O stress that this kind of hardware design will put on it.

Nothing surprising in the console, most of what has been leaked and rumored built a fairly accurate picture of what they were releasing. I defiantly will be waiting a bit before I pick one up, as much as I want to tear it apart, release consoles are usually a bummer (also on the old wallet).
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Nevbox

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +12/-5
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 04:11:56 AM »
Looks a like a PVR or dvd player :P Nice surface for some paint work and design though :D Clear panels could be a winner for this!

Like the similar, but simple design internally.

Don't know what the price tag for one of these will be, so not sure about getting one yet.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 04:45:10 AM »
look fimiliar?

:rofl:

Here in case you didn't see the reveal

Xbox One Reveal - FULL SHOW w/ Live Reactions
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:56:23 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 04:54:31 AM »
lmao funny how everyone is all its looks stupid it looks simple last time i checked we were  a modding community

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 05:18:13 AM »
I have to disagree, when they say 8 cores I believe they mean cpu only. GPU's are hyper-parallel and consist of hundreds->thousands of 'cores' that, in AMDs case, are comprised into tens of compute units. So I don't really understand how they could be refer to both of them under the same core count. My guess is on the cpu side the chip will following closely to trinity by containing 4 piledriver modules (so 8 integer processing units) clocked at relatively low speeds compared to pc counterparts (low clocks since they are not limited by outdated software and can take advantage of many threads). Unsure of what they are going to do on the gpu side to things with this apu, it will be interesting to see what they have planned in the way of optimizing the memory and it's buses to handle the sheer I/O stress that this kind of hardware design will put on it.

Nothing surprising in the console, most of what has been leaked and rumored built a fairly accurate picture of what they were releasing. I defiantly will be waiting a bit before I pick one up, as much as I want to tear it apart, release consoles are usually a bummer (also on the old wallet).

I took that info from several sites including AMD. Thjey plainly stated that the cpu and gpu ARE in the SAME chip meaning that they will share cores. The core in the ONE is , By what they said, The newest APU offering. The chip is said to  house the CPU, GPU which is taylored to dx 11 and the high bandwidth ESRAM.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2419289,00.asp  Being one source.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:18:36 AM by ViSioNXx »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »
lmao funny how everyone is all its looks stupid it looks simple last time i checked we were  a modding community
Only cause the awesome job they did making the slim xbox 360 you would of thought they could of came up with a better looking console yet i watch the reveal and its pretty awesome with all the things it can do for the short demo they had showed.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Nevbox

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +12/-5
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »
What I want to know is: Where do the error codes come from? :D

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 11:27:48 AM »
What I want to know is: Where do the error codes come from? :D
I am sure they are working on that also. due to if you look at the pictures closely you can see there is leds like the slim console on the front board.  you can also check errors on slim models same as phat consoles by holding the sync and pressing the eject button they leds flash green in stead of red when you get a red dot issue

look closely at this pic lower right corner looks like a ROL or leds that light up the xbox logo
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:29:25 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »
sync button thought the controllers were synced via wifi connect

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »
I am sure they have another way. May not be as easy this time hahah.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »
sync button thought the controllers were synced via wifi connect
i said on the slims . got 2 to many conversations here.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 02:15:09 PM »
I took that info from several sites including AMD. Thjey plainly stated that the cpu and gpu ARE in the SAME chip meaning that they will share cores. The core in the ONE is , By what they said, The newest APU offering. The chip is said to  house the CPU, GPU which is taylored to dx 11 and the high bandwidth ESRAM.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2419289,00.asp  Being one source.

that source you linked
the single-chip solution has eight CPU cores
I'm not trying to turn this into an argument or anything lol. Just trying to understand what you are saying, since based on AMD's previous APU, when GPU/CPU are combined onto a single die when they refer to a core count it refers to the CPU part of the chip (http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/cpu/amd/trinity/review/trinitysm.jpg) in this case as with all current x86 AMD architecture this number refers to the number of ALUs and is divisible by 2 into the number of piledriver modules.
AMD GPU's are referred to to generally by the number of stream processors(RADEON CORES) on the chip, for APU's this tends to sit around 300+.

The response to both consoles has been rather negative, one has to wonder if this generation is going to be a bit of a flop with the recent migration to PC gaming.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:15:49 PM by GhoSt »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 01:41:39 AM »
whats the HDMI in for?

heres a bigger pic of the mobo http://images.anandtech.com/doci/6972/20130514-XBOX-ONE-TEARDOWN-015.jpg

also whats with the group of 1 segment led displays in the bottom left hand corner? probably just for development?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 05:03:40 AM »
whats the HDMI in for?

heres a bigger pic of the mobo http://images.anandtech.com/doci/6972/20130514-XBOX-ONE-TEARDOWN-015.jpg

also whats with the group of 1 segment led displays in the bottom left hand corner? probably just for development?
possible ??? 

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:04:17 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal