Author Topic: online no more??  (Read 1754 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
online no more??
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »

bad news for all you that are using cfw online as of what Mathieulh has found in the latest firmware 3.56.and that is a rootkit as you should know what one is but if you don't here's a recap

a rootkit is a bunch codes that allows third party entities to maintain command and give them control over a particular system,

Mathieulh stated on irc.
"Essentially Sony can now remotely execute code on the PS3 as soon as you connect. This can do whatever Sony wants it to do such as verifying system files or searching for homebrew. Sony can change the code and add new detection methods without any firmware updates and as the code executes remotely there is no reliable way to forge the replies.whilst it is possible to patch or remove this code from the firmware this will likely mean the end of playing CFW online (as PSN can just check before login that this is active) or at the very least mean it will be even easier for Sony to detect and ban users.Judging from the fact that people can still connect using the proxy method it seems Sony hasn't activated any of this yet but the functions are there in the new firmware."

irc log from qj.net

Jan 27 14:44:32 <Mathieulh> 3.56 has nice new stuffs in there :P
Jan 27 14:44:43 <Mathieulh> like remote code execution upon login
Jan 27 14:44:45 <Sorrowuk> They will just release patches so people who have hacked cant go online
Jan 27 14:44:46 <Mathieulh> yummy :P ps3-thumb
Jan 27 14:44:50 <noone> WAT
Jan 27 14:45:00 <noone> RFE built-in the fw!?
Jan 27 14:45:25 <Mathieulh> 3.56 pretty much has a built in psn rootkit
Jan 27 14:45:30 <noone> dude, that's the only stuff i'd be afraid of
Jan 27 14:45:31 <Mathieulh> don't tell me I haven't warned you
Jan 27 14:45:43 <Sorrowuk> psn rootkit ?
Jan 27 14:46:05 <noone> but if we could rip-off the fw that :censored: would be erased
Jan 27 14:46:20 <noone> that was the only thing stopped sony to _auto_ update your fw
Jan 27 14:46:22 <Mathieulh> noone it's not that simple
Jan 27 14:46:29 <Mathieulh> the server awaits a proper reply
Jan 27 14:46:34 <Mathieulh> and that reply isn't in the firmware

come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

techninjadude

Re: online no more??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
Personally I think this PS3 Cfw was a Trap from the Start.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:20:30 AM »
well as people know sony will not spend that much money on the setup of the ps3 to let them think they won its did let hackers ( not geohotz) think they got somewere so unless that can change the code so the reply gives fake replys making it think its real i dont see this going online any time soon
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
It would, in essence be possible to have multiple chips (similar to the "Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod Chip")

There are people out there who have a better understanding of the PS3 than some of the current people that find work-arounds.

It is always a fighting battle between the companies and "hackers", we will always have the ability to find work-arounds, however when they are found and exploited they are then patched by the companies.

we all know this, im just re-stating the obvious to give a different perspective on this note.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal