Author Topic: how to use free open source code by HAZER.."burnmeup2"  (Read 55154 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
how to use free open source code by HAZER.."burnmeup2"
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:48:50 AM »
WAW was patched again on 6/11/09, there curently is not an effective fire rate for WAW.. but this code still works for all other maddable games

Introduction
this walkthrough is a second installment to the open source rapid fire codes provided by Hazer. Here we will discuss the code entitled “burnmeup2”

lets first talk about the code,  or I guess I should say codes. There are two codes out there each accomplishing the same affect, but in different ways. They will both provide you with 4 mode rapid fire. both codes can be used for COD5,  both have LED indicators, and both can be used on a matrix or a CG controller

The first code as discussed in a previous thread, is called  “GameplayRF” this code has four selectable  preprogrammed speeds. This will add a momentary switch to control each trigger. Notice I said control, rapid fire remains naturally on the triggers. You will press the added button to turn rapid fire on/off, and you will hold the same button for 2 seconds to change modes.   

The second code is called “burnmeup2” this can be a complete sleeper mod, or it can work with an added button for rapid fire it will be discussed in full in this thread. With the burnmeup code as a sleeper (no added buttons or switches) it utilizes the sinc button to change modes, and rapid fires when the trigger is held. unlike the gameplay code, there is not a quick on/off function, mode number 4 is taken for the off function and you must cycle through these modes to get back to off.  The burnmeup code can also be wired to use a momentary push button to rapid fire, in this instance you would press the trigger for normal fire and press the added button for rapid fire.

Now you should understand the difference between the two codes, and must choose, sleeper, or quick on/off. Keep in mind these codes are similar, but completely different. They are two different codes, and they wire differently. If you chose to procede with burnmeup, you must also make the decision of sleeper, or added push button.

Burnmeup2:

Step one Needed files/ items
Ok, the first thing you need to do is download the Burnmeup2 zip file. It can be found here https://www.acidmods.com/software/hazer/burnmeup2.zip  this file has six items inside. It has:

.asm file-----this is the file we need, it is the raw code before it is converted to hex
.hex file-----origional hex file—needs to be modified for COD WAW
CG rapid on button picture---wiring diagram
CG rapid sleeper picture---wiring diagram
Matrix rapid on button picture---wiring diagram
Matrix sleeper picture---wiring diagram

I am going to teach you to change the fire rates for this chip so it can be COD 5 compatible, this will also allow you to make future adjustments for newer games.

You will also need a code compiler. I use a free program called MPLAB. You can download this free program here: (you are welcome to use your own if you have one)
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en019469&part=SW007002

Now you will need another program to write the code to the chips, yet again, another free program, called winpic800 (you are welcome to use your own if you have one) winpic800 can be found free here:  http://www.winpic800.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=19&Itemid=88&lang=en

The next item you will need is a programmer,  there are a lot of choices out there. If you plan on using it for other things, by all means buy a nice one, but you can make your own cheap programmer with help from gameroms and acidmods.  Here is the schematic: https://www.acidmods.com/software/hazer/picprogramer.gif

The last items you need are hardware items, that will be used for installation. Installation will be discussed in a later chapter, but here is the part list.
Chips----------12f683 I/P get 4 free samples from microchip direct
PIC socket---- http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062604
100ohm, 330 ohm, 2K ohm resistors I recommend the 500 pack
 http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062306
momentary push button---my fav—
   http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3014504
small wire—20-30 gauge

step two code modification/code assembly

the only thing you need to change is the fire rate,
before you start, drag and drop the asm file onto your desktop

ok here we go
1) open mplab
2) click the project tab
3) click project wizard
4)click next
5)set desired chip, in this case it is the 12f683
6)hit next
7) hit next again
8) create file path (this is where most errors come from, the file path must be only so many characters
click browse, hit the drop down menu, click desktop, and name it a short name like RF it dont matter as long as the path is not too long, click next
9) import asm file, here again the file path cannot be too long, drop the asm on the desk top before you start. click next
10) click finish
11) now you are back to the mplab main screen and it looks like nothing has changed, but it has, click view
12) click project (under the view tab)
13)now you should have a small box that is the name of your file path. you will see a few tabs and one that reads "source file" and underneath it will be the asm file you dropped on the desk top. double click it. to open
14) scroll down to the part of the fire rates, it will look like this:
;**********Speed settings: change these to change speed (0x05-0xFF)
FIRERATE1      equ      0x2D
FIRERATE2      equ      0x0F
FIRERATE3      equ      0x0B

you will notice some stuff is colorful and some is not, the green stuff is instructions, the colored items are code. only change the fire rate!!! when you start to change the fire rate just click the end of it and backspace the last two digits and input your own...you will notice when you delete the digit, that part of the code will turn black this means that part of the code is no good, well duh you just erased it, once you input your entry it will return to its normal color

**the fire rates can get tricky to figure out. Here is a list  to convert the fire rate to hex so you can adjust the rates for your games. https://www.acidmods.com/software/hazer/Fire-Rates-2.pdf

15)now look back at the main mplab page again and click project
16) scroll down to where it reads "build all" click it
17) a box will pop up with a status bar mine goes very fast and reads build succeeded
18) click to close mplab, it asks for save I say yes.
19) look at desktop, or wherever you saved it, find the file that ends in .hex, this will most likely be a file windows cant open, send everything else to the recycle bin you don’t need anything else keep the hex file handy you will need it in the next chapter.

***the biggest problem is the file path length as I already stated, if the file path is too long it will say build failed, and if you read the other crap it tells you it will say C:documents and settings.......file path exceeded so many characters.***

Step three programming the chip

this step is painless and very quick if you already have a programmer, if not build the one I linked above, here it is again https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=22283.0  or  for just schematic 
I suggest building the first diagram gameroms showed in this thread, the desktop serial programmer. I can vouch for this I use it all the time. The other ones I cannot speak for nor can I speak for a store bought programmer, but they should all be similar, and they should have directions with them

1)   Open winpic800
2)   connect your programmer and put chip in the programmer, make sure it is oriented correctly. 
3)   Click file
4)   Open the .hex file you just created
5)   Click the icon that reads “program all” or CTL+P
6)   Done

Step four installation

Inside the Burnmeup2 zip file there are four pictures we spoke of above, two for matrix, and two for CG. First find out what type of controller you have you can look here if you are having trouble. https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=24699.0

The install I will leave fairly open, feel free to experiment here, just connect it like shown in the pics, but placement of the chip is up to you. If you are doing rapid fire on added buttons, make sure to place them out of the way of the mobo, and in a location that feels comfortable

Notes:
*in the pictures provided, the chip is in the “crawling position”
*if only one side is desired, leave off the right side led, and trigger wire
*the CG controllers work flawlessly, there has been some issues with matrix controllers, this issue only affects 1% of all matrix controllers and usually only affects the older limited edition controllers,  these can be fixed, but they will be done on a case by case basis, pm me for details. Chances are most of you wont have to worry about this.

CG sleeper:

cg on button:

matrix sleeper:

matrix on button:

solder all components to the pic socket

Closing:

Do NOT use this for personal gain. Hazer put a lot of work into this code and released it to the general public, as his gift to the world. Consider this a test, and the results will determine if AM will release other free codes in the future

I will modify this thread as needed

Please feel free to ask questions about any of the steps provided in this tut. 

Credits:
All credit for this code goes to hazer, he is the sole author of this code
Credit for hi-Res install pics goes out to RDC at xbox-scene
Credit for finding the programmer belongs to Gameroms
Credit for the fire rate conversion (found on internet, and I forgot the name sorry)
Credit for writing the tut goes to modded matt.
Thanks to the acidmods support staff for hosting all these files and allowing this to be posted to the community.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 05:55:10 PM by modded matt »

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: how to use free open source code by HAZER.."burnmeup2"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:25:13 AM »
Is The First Mode Programmed To Work On Both Triggers.. ?

And Also, There Is Only 3 Modes In This One, Unlike 'Gameplayrf' Which Has 4, The 4th Being Rapid Fire Off. Is 'Burnmeup2' Supposed To Be Like That, With Only 3 Modes.

Thanks  :tup:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:27 AM »
yes mode one activates both triggers, but you dont have to use both triggers

gameplay has 4 dirfferent fire rates, off is another state (so technically 5 modes, 1,2,3,4,off)

burn me up has 3 different fire rates and the 4th is off (1,2,3,off) burn me up dosnt have a off state, like gameplay there for one of the fire rates had to be consumed. you cant even see the 4th rate in the ASM code. but if you count them there are 4 modes 1,2,3,off

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 06:46:45 AM »
Oh Right.. thanks for clearing that up..

On this code, am i able to just add another mode on to the bottom of the different speed settings, or is it not as simple as that..?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 02:19:45 PM »
i jsut made a video showing how to change modes so ill edit and throw up to utube asap

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »
So can you add a extra mode just like that..?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26:23 AM »
Thanks Jumbo,

Is it deffinetly a 100ohm resistor coming off the chip, not a 10k.. ? I keep hearing it is a 10K.. :confused:

Thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 05:07:43 AM »
I believe the origional used a 10K, but the LED would be very dim. it has since been revised to use a 100 OHM  to make the LED as bright as the stock LEDS

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
Ok thanks Matt.. :D

Offline jbizzel

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »
Hello. Just wanted to say thanks Hazer for all the time an effort into your open source code.

I have 1 question.  I used this BurnMeUp2 code ,I changed the rate of fire for mode 2 COD4 (hex--0x12) (fire rate--27.78)and 3 COD5(hex-- 0x3C) (fire rate--8.33)So I won't get mod caped.

Here is my question I left mode 1 untouched. When I use it inside halo it works fine, but it pauses every few shots. I think the ideal fire rate for halo 3 is (hex--0x2F) (fire rate--10.64 shots per second)

I have a controller that I made the 555 time and pot adjustment. I can get the same accuracy with it with out the pause every few rounds.

Is it the way the code is written or maybe I have installed it bad.

I am using BurnMeUp2 code 12F683 chip USB PIC programmer (with supplied software) My controller has the New CG board. I am using the Sleeper install. I followed the tut to the T. I have changed the Green 0603SMD LED's to Blue. Could This be the reason?

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »
You have done nothing wrong. I have seen the exact same thing on my end. I programmed every speed from 5 SPS to 40 SPS in increments of 1 millisecond. And the speed for Halo3 is exactly what you have seen. In one SPS, it 'stutters' slightly but there is no recoil. In the very next SPS setting, the stutter is gone, but the recoil gets bad as often as the previous stutter. The very next SPS setting and the stutter is back but the recoil disappears again. Etc Etc.

I never found an exact firerate setting in my code that was 100% perfect. Since everbody who codes PICs codes inthier own unique way, it stand to reason that there are slight differences in the timings from one modchip to another (code wise). As for the 555 timer, it is an anlog part, it can be adjusted to linearly through the speed timing, whereas my code changes the timing on very accurate digital steps. To be quite honest, the code was written for specifically accurate and unobtrusive signal. You can use the chip as an accurate squarewave generator since the signal flips at exactly the same timing.

Accuracy was not really a requirement, but the way the code generates the signal has another advantage: You can run other code inside the chip and the timing is still perfect. Since the RF signal is completely handled inside the Hardware Interupt Service Routine, you can other code inside the main routine and the RF signal doesnt get paused.lagged. This other code could be, oh lets say: macro functions, serial communications, signal transformation, button polling, eeprom reading/writing, LED specialized control, analog conversion, etc etc.

As a reminder, it does not take that much effort to change the ISR to happen every 250 microseconds and add another quad of resolution so you would have 4 more firerate settings around the 11SPS to play with. The only drawback is that the effective range of SPS would change from 8-200 SPS.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline jbizzel

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 07:33:12 PM »
Thank you for the speedy reply. I feel a lot better now. I was thinking that it had something to do with the blue LED's used more forward voltage then the green ones. But what you said makes sense. Thank you again Hazer. 

Has anyone used this on a wired controller? I have 2 Wired controllers laying around and got enough parts left to mod them. Would the pin outs be the same?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:51:59 PM by jbizzel »

Offline dersen6554

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
First of all, nice guide, and thanks hazer for the code.

I was just wondering it it would be possible to get a sleeper with 4 or more mods? And what would be the code be like?

Also, how do you change the LED's to a different color.

Another thing is does anyone know the max (or good or best) fire rate for GoW2, Halo3 and Cod:Waw

And finnaly (yay), would it be possible to make a three round burst?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and (hopefully) answer back

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »
First of all, nice guide, and thanks hazer for the code.

I was just wondering it it would be possible to get a sleeper with 4 or more mods? And what would be the code be like?

Also, how do you change the LED's to a different color.

Another thing is does anyone know the max (or good or best) fire rate for GoW2, Halo3 and Cod:Waw

And finnaly (yay), would it be possible to make a three round burst?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and (hopefully) answer back

I'm Not To Sure About Adding Another Mode, Or 3-Shot Burst.

But The Best Fire Rate For Cod:WaW Is (hex-- 0x3C) (fire rate--8.33 MAX) And Halo 3 Is (hex--0x2F) (fire rate--10.64 shots per second). Not To Sure On Gears Tho...

To Change The Colour Of LED, You Will Need To Remove The Exsiting Green LED, And Solder On Another Coloured One, PM If You Need Some LED's.

Hope This Helps.

Offline dersen6554

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 02:32:13 PM »
It it helps alot thanks =) :clap:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
you have to add 4 more modes for a total of eight....do you really want to cycle through eight modes.. why, just as a selling point on ebay?? it can be done, but not practical.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 03:17:14 PM »
how can you add just 1 more mode?

Offline jbizzel

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 05:17:55 PM »
Its not for a selling point on eBay. I don't sell any of this stuff. Its for personal use. I just play more then 3 games that use different fire rates. I have kind of strayed from this type of modded controller to a different one. With the XIM 360 controller I can do a lot more with out having to program a chip (learn C++). Any macro program(AutoHotkey) or PC peripheral, steering wheel, game pad (G13) or mouse can be used to play Xbox. I still tinker around with the PIC controllers but its just to much for a part time modder like me to learn C++. The open source that Hazer released will be enough for me I will just make 2 different controller with the fire rates that match best for the games I play or just take it out a reprogram. Thanks again for all the information and help guys.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 01:34:59 AM »
lol, I feel like such a nub. I have modded several of these, now I just did one on the matrix, eveything works dandy execpt when I turn on the rapid fire it doesn't require me to press the trigger, shoots at that speed by itself, then when the trigger is pressed it stops firing. Wtf it works the opisite than its supposed to, like its been inverted, any ideas?

OH btw soldering is fine and everything is wired correctly, code also programed fine. I was also recording a video tut for this thread at the time so its a bit of a fail.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:02:07 AM by GhoSt_Death »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 04:34:34 AM »
lol, I feel like such a nub. I have modded several of these, now I just did one on the matrix, eveything works dandy execpt when I turn on the rapid fire it doesn't require me to press the trigger, shoots at that speed by itself, then when the trigger is pressed it stops firing. Wtf it works the opisite than its supposed to, like its been inverted, any ideas?

OH btw soldering is fine and everything is wired correctly, code also programed fine. I was also recording a video tut for this thread at the time so its a bit of a fail.

dont feel bad dude, its not your fault... this has beenposted for a while and you are the first. I am not going to go through the normal responces with you as I am confidant in your skills. you will notice in the tut notes, I stated that there has been some trouble with some of the matrix boards, not all of them are created equal.

what you are describing (auto fire, and stop fire when pull trigger) leads me to think that your frequency is too high thus signaling rapid fire, and when the trigger is pulled it goes even higher thus overloading the controller and registering as a hold. thats basically how rapid fire works, you hold the frequency at just the point before the trigger pot regesters it then the added trigger pull makes it fire, and the pulsing keeps it going. make since?

so with some rare, and very few MATRIX controllers you need to increase the resistance from 330 to a higher resistance, you will just need to experament with it a bit until you find the correct resistance. another solution would be to wire 3-1N4148 in series to create a Zener effect, thus limiting the pics output. please play with it a bit, and let us know where it ends up. I have never had this problem myself, but it has been reported in the past.

once again thanks hazer

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »
hey matt.. just wondering if you could guide me through adding 1 more mode onto this .hex

Quote from: H-Sauce
**Long Pause**........
Yup, thats better than balloons

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »
ok roger that, I was thinking I had stuffed somthing up along the line. ok I will experiment, I have to get this to the customer by tomorrow though.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »
in a situation like that, I would swap the board with one of my own, send it out, then play with the troubled board. whats the difference?? then the customer is happy..which is what matters right?

@ gamer due, you woud have to add another series of 4 modes for a total of 8.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:15:17 PM by modded matt »

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 12:27:59 PM »
you've lost me lol...
you i just add "FIRERATE4
                        FIRERATE5
                        FIRERATE6"
 into the .asm then add the shot rate?

**Long Pause**........

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:28 PM »
no those are just the fire rate settings, they are not the acctual funtion. they need to be added into the subrutine, and the interupt sequence, and then start thinking about the led flash...there is alot of code to be edited in order to make this work correctly.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:49:15 PM by modded matt »

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »
hmm... well thanks for you help, but i think ill just stick with 3-modes :)

**Long Pause**........

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 12:20:16 AM »
yep im going to swap the board with another matrix. Here are some pics of the controller mobo just for info. Could help someone identify theres.

links because of size.
http://i44.tinypic.com/167rntc.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/kc1jie.jpg
one on left is standard matrix, one on right is the Un-rapidfirable xbox controller (UFC).
http://i40.tinypic.com/2i2afkl.jpg

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 02:51:52 AM »
Just to clarify: The only difference between those two controllers is where the potentiometer is when physically linked to the trigger. Most of the time, the 330 Ohm resistor is matched with the resistance of the wiper when the trigger is pressed. Every so often, theres a resistance that is off from the norm and requires upto a 1.5k Ohm resistor.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Frankie.R

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:08 AM »
Hi guys im new to this modding scene only done the the rapid fire mod for cod 4 with the momontary switch. In one of your other codes it has a 1000 rapid fire limit does this code have a limit and im in the uk what would be the best place to get the equiptment i would  need to program this chip and install it, i also need a new soldering iron as mine has broken :( and some solder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal