Author Topic: Anyone here know how to fix RROD error code 0001?  (Read 9306 times)

Offline ModernTek

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
Anyone here know how to fix RROD error code 0001?
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:59:37 AM »
I had just finished modding an Xbox 360 the other day... Jtagged the box and internalized a 500gb hard drive... started up fine, worked flawlessly for a couple days and then BAM I turned it on the other day and RROD. I tried the usual fixes those didn't work so I removed the internal hard drive and that didn't work either...

Is there anything I can do? Or someone I can send it to?

I really would hate to trash this Jtag box...being that they are getting harder and harder to find.

Thanks in advance for any help

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: Anyone here know how to fix RROD error code 0001?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
I had just finished modding an Xbox 360 the other day... Jtagged the box and internalized a 500gb hard drive... started up fine, worked flawlessly for a couple days and then BAM I turned it on the other day and RROD. I tried the usual fixes those didn't work so I removed the internal hard drive and that didn't work either...

Is there anything I can do? Or someone I can send it to?

I really would hate to trash this Jtag box...being that they are getting harder and harder to find.

Thanks in advance for any help

Wow another post about the same things over and over, have you searched the acidmods site or google the error cuz its here.

ERROR CODES AND WHAT THEY MEAN!
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,21654.msg163654.html#msg163654

Problem: 0001 power supply problem

EDIT: Could be the power supply , short in the xbox you really need to check things closely if your solder points aren't touching anything, its jtagged so was working before you starting soldering things or the power supply took a crap. check the light on the powersupply . does the fans turn on or just turn on then turn off . need more info.
here what i found also and posted a while back
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,39372.0.html
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:43:42 AM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »
if its not your power supply its a MOSFET transistor. (which are a pain in the arse to replace without a proper soldering iron).

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »
I would recommend desoldering all your wiring you did for the the internal hard drive, then see if it works. If that dont work the its most likely a mosfet like fookz said. You wont be able to remove a mosfet with a regular soldering iron. You will need some sort of heat gun. Before removing any mosfets "check them first"

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »
You wont be able to remove a mosfet with a regular soldering iron. You will need some sort of heat gun.

I beg to differ...  but it is a pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:31:54 PM by hyper999 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:20:15 PM »
You wont be able to remove a mosfet with a regular soldering iron. You will need some sort of heat gun. Before removing any mosfets "check them first"

I beg to differ...  but it is a pain in the ass.

AGREED!!!!, its a pain in the ass but if your careful you can do it with a 40 watt soldering iron and wide tip thats what i used to change mine, yet my xbox had more problems then just a mosfet,

"Patients is the key to do this with a soldering gun". I also used a smaller watt to solder the new one back on.15 to 20 watt to solder them back on.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:51:57 PM »
lol.....always somebody around here stomping on d i c k s. If you want to do it with a soldering iron HAVE FUN!!! Just trying to say its ALOT!!! EASIER to do it with a heat gun.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »
lol.....always somebody around here stomping on d i c k s. If you want to do it with a soldering iron HAVE FUN!!! Just trying to say its ALOT!!! EASIER to do it with a heat gun.

lMFAO  damn and i thought that was your job...stomping on d i c k s.... all i meant was , that i could be done and would take patients. Just didnt want anyone to think it wasnt possible, anything is possible

And another thing is as good as you are I would of thought you would have agreed also

can ruin alot of things with a heat gun if your not careful.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 05:03:07 PM »
lol i use my reflow gun on a medium temp to remove mosfets and ive never ruined anything. But a non controllable heatgun could ruin stuff lol.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »
lol i use my reflow gun on a medium temp to remove mosfets and ive never ruined anything. But a non controllable heatgun could ruin stuff lol.

I understand, just didnt think it was impossible.lol

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ModernTek

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »
Sorry for the lack of detail... I posted this in a rush.

I am really trying to find out what the "possible" issues are...mainly cause I don't want to go to the trouble of replacing the mosfets and controller if they aren't the issue.

the 360 turns on with the rrod nothing more. no power to the fans, no 12v, no 5v, no 3.3v...nothing.

there are no bridges anywhere. I have about 10 PSUs I've tested it on 3...3 that I know work 100%.

I don't think my soldering messed it up because it was closed and finished( jtagged and internal hdd mod done). It was used for about a week and a half before the RROD showed up.

If there are to many "possible" issues I rather pay someone else to fix it because I really don't have the time anymore...growing up sucks  :boxed: just got off work at 12:00

Wow another post about the same things over and over, have you searched the acidmods site or google the error cuz its here.

I have to comment on this sorry... I am not trying to start any type of fights... just commenting.

Why did you need to take the initiative to reply to my post if you were going to try and make me feel like an idiot? I posted here cause I thought this community was full of intellectuals that wouldn't harass me for trying to get more info on a subject (the 0001 error code) that I don't have to much experience with. I understand that this error is sometimes caused by mosfets or the controller chip going bad... sometimes even the PSU but being the social creature that I am I would like to know what humans... know/think about this subject... maybe someone on this oooohhh soooo wonderfullll site has an alternative way to removing mosfets or some good tips to make it easier or idk an idea to lend???

I highly appreciate that you took the time to edit your post and make it constructive...but why would you criticize me for posting about something you posted about?

I'm just trying to save this jtag box... and again this was not meant as an attack or some sort of fight starter. Just some food for thought...   

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 02:23:05 AM »

I have to comment on this sorry... I am not trying to start any type of fights... just commenting.

Why did you need to take the initiative to reply to my post if you were going to try and make me feel like an idiot?

NO NO NO. Sorry if I came off that way, and now that I read it I can see your point .how that could of affended you now, but no I didnt mean it that way,  Its just seems that every other day someone has a error problem with a360 and the info is here mainly, AM members and I try to keep up to date this and AM has a "search" section that works quite well, Sorry if you felt affended.

Also I know its hard sometimes to do a search or try and read everything when your busy with school work and life!  glad you commented , and thats why I edited my post also, cuz I was in the middle of something and tried to help you out as I do many others .

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ModernTek

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »
NO NO NO. Sorry if I came off that way, and now that I read it I can see your point .how that could of affended you now, but no I didnt mean it that way,  Its just seems that every other day someone has a error problem with a360 and the info is here mainly, AM members and I try to keep up to date this and AM has a "search" section that works quite well, Sorry if you felt affended.

Also I know its hard sometimes to do a search or try and read everything when your busy with school work and life!  glad you commented , and thats why I edited my post also, cuz I was in the middle of something and tried to help you out as I do many others .

It's no issue like I said just a comment.

I do appreciate the edit... your post made me wonder if this box is even worth fixing. We will see if I get time this weekend I may bring out the old adjustable iron set it to 40watts and practice removing mosfets on a scrap motherboard. If not I'll try and get a controllable heat gun.

What type of heat gun do you use crazy? Brand? Model number?

I would really appreciate that info

Thanks guys

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal