Author Topic: PS3 BMU V1  (Read 24688 times)

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
PS3 BMU V1
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:48:50 AM »
IF YOU FIND THIS DOES NOT WORK YOU HAVE INSTALLED IT WRONG!!!

OK to begin with all work published here is done so under this creative commons license
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

First of all i would like to say a special thanks to
geraldrubalcava
Hazer
modded matt
802chives
who were all involved in the development of this code
and last but not least
RDC for his involvement in the development and his board scans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to use this code

you can edit the speed of each mode in this code just like in bmu by editing the value of FIRERATE1,2,and3 shown here;
Code: [Select]
;***** FIRERATES *****************************************************
FIRERATE1             equ        .167         ;6 sps
FIRERATE2             equ        .250         ;4 sps
FIRERATE3             equ        .125         ;8 sps
;to get desired speed divide 1000 by your desired sps then enter
;it here and recompile and reprogram the code
;Example: 1000/4 = .250
;**********************************************************************
change the values to anything from 1 to 255 to suit your needs by downloading the source text file then open in notepad save as a .ASM file.
next open it in mplab and change the values in the code
then recompile by selecting Project> Quick build
finally program the generated hex file into a pic12f683 and install.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When installed to change mode simply tap the tact switch to toggle modes

mode 0 - OFF
mode 1 - led turns on       
mode 2 - led blinks twice 
mode 3 - led blinks thrice

Coming soon
Rapid fire on r2 l1 and l2
burst fire
updateable settings via serial comms
then who knows what else

What We Need From You

bug reports
information on what speed suits what game

I am not responsible for any damage caused to yourself or your console or your controller by installing / using this code

for installation simply join up the coloured lines on the diagram to the corresponding dots on the board scans
credit for the pics goes to RDC

https://www.acidmods.com/moddedmatt/PS3V1.HEX

https://www.acidmods.com/moddedmatt/PS3V1.asm
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:45:15 AM by modded matt »

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS3 BMU V1
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »
Any Help on the Vx4?

i just bought my ps3 controller in october and i have a version 4 board, the VDD and VSS seem to have moved. can i just use any ground and power or does it have to be those specific ones?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 03:25:29 PM »
i'm not familier with that board but any switched power source should be fine.

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 04:35:46 PM »
Heres the board that im working with right now

I currently have it all set up, wires and all, and am having a problem switching modes with the button

im trying to trouble shoot right now, any advice?

Offline radmiller

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 05:50:21 AM »
ive tryed to install this in 3 diff ps3 controllers and cannot get it to work ive tryed the precompiled hex supplyed and ive also tryed compiling it my self

ne ideas? ive checked all the wires

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 12:55:28 AM »
what do you happen exactly?? post pic of your wires if you can

Offline elimarz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »
switched B+ for the new board

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
so if i put the wire there, it'll work?

and im guessing you put the ground to the point on the vx4 board that saids , GND? right?

And when u say B+ im assuming you mean the VDD?

And also, i just tried that, with the picture i showed you, i conected the wires all the same, except i changed the VDD from the place i initially had it to the place where u put the B+ at.

Im still wondering, maybe my problem is i have the wrong Hex code put into my chip/something else might be wrong, which area did u get your hex code from?  did you get it from the link on this page?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:51:46 PM by skittles916 »

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 11:33:09 PM »
ive tryed to install this in 3 diff ps3 controllers and cannot get it to work ive tryed the precompiled hex supplyed and ive also tryed compiling it my self

ne ideas? ive checked all the wires

what do you happen exactly?? I am having some problems with my dualshock also. And I have tried in my brother´s sinsaxis and it have problems also. Modes dont change properly

When i did the installation the controller worked fine but next day when i turned it on problems began. I dont know how many times I have checek the wires and resolder it and I have always problems

Is there anybody who has the controller working without problems??

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »
raf i have the same problems as you, except i cannot even get the modes to change correctly, even after redoing it 4 times, with 4 different chips.......
seems i must be missing something, just cant get my head onto it

Offline elimarz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 01:50:15 AM »
skittles yes thats the VDD. code doesnt work on my VX4 board.i also got problem with this code i know i wired it correctly i tried it 3 diff version of board it seems a bit buggy i mean does work for me sometimes when touch my finger on the pic it changed the mode by itself and you can do rapid fire.
HYPER its not only me have problem with this code  i post it before in other thread but it was ignored because i was new here but i was following HAZERS  code for a long time now.
i hope this will be fixed so i  can edit the speed to play black ops

Skittles i got attached wiring  picture of my VX4 this PIC i bought in EBAY dual mode akimbo (so ignore one extra wire there)

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »
Elimarz

Is there two wires, one going to tpp17
And one to tp18?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »
ok well the code works
but what i think all the problems above are from a poor, incorrect, or no connection to the r common line this will cause the controller to not rapidfire and not change modes
so may i ask where you have aquired your information about the r common line tp spot on the vx4 board?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »
I have personally tested this code on the V3 and below boards, it works perfectly, the rapid fire is smooth and consistant how it should be, mode change is instant. I unfortunatly dont have a V4 controller to test on. So if you guys have a v4 board you may be SOL

BUT IF YOU HAVE A VERSION 3 OR UNDER AND ARE HAVING PROBLEMS, ITS YOUR OWN DOING.

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
Matt, depending on when I get another controller, I will send u my vx4 board so you can test and help others. I can send u the chip and the sockets and the wires I have attached but not Till probably after thanksgiving

Offline elimarz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »
the picture above is fully working that is different code i bought the pic in Ebay it is a dual rapid fire. so i wonder why is this BMU V1 code doesnt work on me and the picture  i post is working i dont think its a  TP isssue

Post Merge: November 16, 2010, 11:49:38 AM
HYPER my only  problem is if i hold the PIC pins with my finger and press the tactile it sometimes changed the mode and i can  do rapid fire without any problem. so its not the connection isn't
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:49:38 AM by elimarz »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
elimarz i do not have a vx4 controller so cannot personally test it but i have tested other boards so i do not know why it is not working for you and im not saying there is deffinately wrong with your install but the symptoms described would happen if there was an incorrect connection as for it working when you touch the chip that is probably due to your finger shorting the pins or due to esd from your finger

something you guys can test is if you connect the com2 pin(the pin on the chip) to ground, the chip should change modes and the leds should work but rf will not, if this does not work then there is a problem with your setup (most likely with incorrect pins or connection to power or ground

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 01:42:16 PM »
uh...just to throw this out there. u guys are using a 12f683 correct? thwere was another si.ilar chip most people used for ps3 rf but this code needs the right chip
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:45:05 PM by modded matt »

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 03:05:46 PM »
Hyper if you remember i had the same problem that elimarz ( i had to press the chip with the fingers)

Believe me guys i think isnt only a problem with the chip or connections. I have done enough intallations in xbox controllers and i have never problems. Have you tried or checked the code just for a moment?? I say this because when i did it the first time the code worked fine but some days after the problems began. A friend told me that he had problems when he charged the controller. If you can, test it day a day

I have tried with a rf kit i bought on ebay also and works without problems. The only thing i can think that could be the reason is the resistor, i didnt put it but the resistor is for the led so i dont think it will be the reason.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:09:00 PM by rafaliyo86 »

Offline elimarz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 04:16:11 PM »
Hyper if you remember i had the same problem that elimarz ( i had to press the chip with the fingers)

Believe me guys i think isnt only a problem with the chip or connections. I have done enough intallations in xbox controllers and i have never problems. Have you tried or checked the code just for a moment?? I say this because when i did it the first time the code worked fine but some days after the problems began. A friend told me that he had problems when he charged the controller. If you can, test it day a day

I have tried with a rf kit i bought on ebay also and works without problems. The only thing i can think that could be the reason is the resistor, i didnt put it but the resistor is for the led so i dont think it will be the reason.
i tried 100 ohm is fine and i tried 330 ohm resistor it doesn't changed mode this supposed to be for the led to dim only why is it affect the code to work . im now confused where i missed something because matt  confirn working code

Post Merge: November 16, 2010, 04:22:24 PM
elimarz i do not have a vx4 controller so cannot personally test it but i have tested other boards so i do not know why it is not working for you and im not saying there is deffinately wrong with your install but the symptoms described would happen if there was an incorrect connection as for it working when you touch the chip that is probably due to your finger shorting the pins or due to esd from your finger

something you guys can test is if you connect the com2 pin(the pin on the chip) to ground, the chip should change modes and the leds should work but rf will not, if this does not work then there is a problem with your setup (most likely with incorrect pins or connection to power or ground

it's not only vx4 i also have vx3 both same problem
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:22:24 PM by elimarz »

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »
Yes we are using the pic12f683

I too received the same problem. Sometimes I am able to put my finger on the pins if my socket and it changes the modes, which really tested me thought. I've made numerous mods for friends andy cousins on 360 and never had this problem. I tested all the connections and even wired my controller twice to recheck I did it right.

It's almost like the tact button isn't responding since the rapid fire does work when Im able to turn it on with my finger

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 06:29:02 AM »
skittles your problem is either one of two things then
1. you have not correctly hooked it up to the r common line
2. the r common line works differently on the vx4 board however this is very unlikely

elimarz if it does not work for you on the vx3 then i have no idea whats wrong but it is not the code

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
Hyper
The r common onthe board that I have is The tp 18 or that'd where I soldered it to. Also the point is pretty easy to solder to as the picture I posted earlier shows

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »
skittles try disconnecting the chip from tp18 completely and then put a jumper from pin6 (pink on diagram) to pin8 (black on the diagram) then press the tact switch it should flash and change modes

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
Ok i will try it later on tonight when I have time
O and the black xan it go to any ground? Kause on the vx4 the only place for the black is the GND place

Offline yasin

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »
I was testing the hex files since 4-10-2010 on the new vx 4.0 board.

The hex which was released for the first time (in this topic) named 'PS3BMU.HEX' was not working for me. The problem was not the code but the wrong diagram (pin 3/4 issue).

The diagram was fixed after a while. I tested the same hex I mentioned above on the VX 4.0 according the new diagram. The code worked fine on the VX 4.0.

There where some general bugs in the code. Like inverted LED, cod 5 fix,  and not optimized speeds. A few days later, I suppose on 12-10-2010 hyper released a new hex named 'PS3BMU11.HEX'.

This hex was not working on the VX 4.0 board.

So.. What im trying to tell you guys.

The programmers have to check what changed in the code between the first released file and the file released on 12-10-2010 named 'PS3BMU11.HEX'.

I reported all this :censored: before in this topic. But ppl here was not convinced about my 'testing skills'.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 03:07:57 PM »
just hook it up to the same ground that you hooked pin 8 to

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 11:04:39 AM »
Fundimantaly, all ps3 controllers work the same. I don't see why there would be a problem. Have u tried testing the new code on a v3 board? Do u grt the same results like thr v4 board? Well when i tested the first firmware hyper posted here its working fine. Not quisure about the latest revision. But it seemed like u tested the code on a v3 right? Well there should not be a diference between them. I worked on the ps3 code with everyone from day one and tested multiple times. So i got practice on the controller too. So i still suggest to dubble check connections, solder joints amd other problems you may face.

I thank god for thing to be difficult for the common ppl. Not to be a ass but so people won't sell them. Sorry if that sounded mean but i realy hoped so that nobody would be complaning and selling too. But i digress.

Just do a recheck. :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:06:05 AM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 02:02:49 PM »
So yasin where is the original code you used? Does that work on the vx4

Offline elimarz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0