Author Topic: Elite (black) 360, need rapid fire kit, please help.  (Read 8377 times)

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Elite (black) 360, need rapid fire kit, please help.
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:32:29 AM »
Hi all I am new here and after reading some of the rapid fire mod posts I just cant believe how cheap this mod is to do, I live in England and a few of my mates have brought rapid fire controllers off eBay for £70 & £80 which I was also considering doing but I knew there must be a cheaper way so I have been hunting around for a DIY guide and I found this forum, so what I want to achieve with the help of you guys is the quickest best rapid fire controller I can get, I have the Elite (black) eddition controllers, I dont really have any soldering skills, I dont even own a soldering iron so can you guys recommend me a kit and what I will need to fit it.

Cheers guys

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Elite (black) 360, need rapid fire kit, please help.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:30:06 AM »
Anyone, please !!

I have checked my controllers and they are the old type.

The kit I want is the one that doesnt require any modding to the controller case and uses the exsisting trigger, I have seen one somewhere that uses the sync button to turn the rapid fire on or off that looks quite interesting can you buy these kits and fit them yourself ?

Whats the latest most desirable rapid fire kit out for the moment I only really want it for COD4 ?

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:28:11 AM »
https://www.acidmods.com/ShopUSA

This shop has the cheapest method and full support from forum members

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »
give KINGMIKE_OS a PM (he runs acidmods shop), doubt he usually ships to the UK but am sure he wouldn't mind setting you up if you were looking for a couple.

mike's latest greates RF kit isn't out yet but again talk to mike cuz he has some stuff that isn't for sale yet, and could probably work something out for a decent size order.

I will give him a heads up that you are looking
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:31:17 AM by 802Chives »

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:26:41 PM »
give KINGMIKE_OS a PM (he runs acidmods shop), doubt he usually ships to the UK but am sure he wouldn't mind setting you up if you were looking for a couple.

mike's latest greates RF kit isn't out yet but again talk to mike cuz he has some stuff that isn't for sale yet, and could probably work something out for a decent size order.

I will give him a heads up that you are looking

Cheers mate, can I not buy the components from any local electrical store and program the chip by myself ?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
Cheers mate, can I not buy the components from any local electrical store and program the chip by myself ?

You can but its will cost more.

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
You can but its will cost more.

It looks like this is the only way I can do it if Mike doesnt ship to the UK.

What does mikes new RF kit hold in store for us then ?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 05:13:30 PM »
It looks like this is the only way I can do it if Mike doesnt ship to the UK.

What does mikes new RF kit hold in store for us then ?

Just have someone in the USA Buy then ship to you? Cause for a good programmer it can be a pretty lot, but you can make one.

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 01:29:22 AM »
Just have someone in the USA Buy then ship to you? Cause for a good programmer it can be a pretty lot, but you can make one.

How do you make a programmer is the a tut on here ?

I cant even find any PIC12F683 chips local to me  :help:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:51:59 AM by Red_Stafford »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 03:12:53 AM »
How do you make a programmer is the a tut on here ?

I cant even find any PIC12F683 chips local to me  :help:

http://www.openwii.org/wiki/Building_a_PIC_OpenChip

but you will have to do some soldering. also you can get the PIC at maplins for about £1 or something. i can help you out and do an installation for you, but i have only done the 3 mode picaxe rapid fire to my own controller and a friends which was created by Amateur Modder at Xbox-scene - http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=ccc6ba9db0c9e82d2636c6419995104c&showtopic=653455&st=0

a video demostration of how that mod works was made by console customs as they sell the mod but overcharge enormously - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7qsl3I7t4Y

i have a programmed picaxe chip especially for COD4 somewhere and the stuff to do the mod, but a hole would have to be drilled for the switch to change the "mode speed" of the rapid fire.

i live in england aswell, if you want pm me and i'll work a price, a fair one of course, cheaper then the scums that overcharge on ebay. That is of course if for some reason you cant get a kit from mike, which i think he does ship to uk, as his kits are recommended and work awesomely as i've heard.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:17:52 AM by Nemesis »

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 03:58:37 AM »
Nice one nemesis, I have phoned maplins and they have no PIC12F683 chips ?

Also which PIC12F683 chip would I need as I have looked on the below webiste and there are five different PIC12F683 chips ?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Selection

Is it possible to use another kind of chip ?

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 04:19:58 AM »
oh crap forgot maplins dont have them, but the chip depends on what rapid fire your doing because you cant do the one with the sync button as mike didnt release the hex for it for various reasons. the 3 mode rapid fire uses a Picaxe PIC, which is different to a 12F683

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »
oh crap forgot maplins dont have them, but the chip depends on what rapid fire your doing because you cant do the one with the sync button as mike didnt release the hex for it for various reasons. the 3 mode rapid fire uses a Picaxe PIC, which is different to a 12F683

I have found somone local that stocks the PIC12F683 chips and also the PIC programmer kits so I could pop up there buy everything I need but I still need the program.

I didnt relise Mike hadnt released the sync mode hex what do I do now then ?  I want a RF mod that uses the exsisting trigger (no extra holses or buttons) ?

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 06:34:23 AM »
yep he didnt release it because it was obvious other people would make profit off his hex code. the only rapid fire mod that uses the existing trigger is the 3 mode one which i linked you to, but that doesn't use the PIC12F683 but instead a different kind of PIC which cant be programmed for a normal PIC programmer but instead a headphone jack to serial cable.

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
yep he didnt release it because it was obvious other people would make profit off his hex code. the only rapid fire mod that uses the existing trigger is the 3 mode one which i linked you to, but that doesn't use the PIC12F683 but instead a different kind of PIC which cant be programmed for a normal PIC programmer but instead a headphone jack to serial cable.

Cant believe it I went a brought the chips, PIC programmer and everything earlier, I downloded a sleeper open source HEX file from :censored:.com and when I try to program the PIC it just says error

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »
Sounds like a software problem. Tell us:

What chip?
What programmer? (JDM?)
What software (winpic or winpic800 or icprog)
Are you using a full serial cable?
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »
Sounds like a software problem. Tell us:

What chip?
What programmer? (JDM?)
What software (winpic or winpic800 or icprog)
Are you using a full serial cable?

Chip - PIC12F683
Programmer Vellman K8048 http://www.velleman.be/ot/en/product/view/?support=1&id=350903#help

Software - Winpic
Connection - Full serial cable

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »
wait what hex are you using and where did you download it from? if its a hex you downloaded from here its most likely the one which was released by kingmike with the 1000 use limit.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 05:52:49 PM »
No, he downloaded the opensource project file.

Red_Stafford: It sounds like there is a problem with either the setup in winpic for your programmer, or the software setup with windows. Make sure you go through everything here for installing your programmer and running it:

http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/winpic/index.htm

If that does not work, double check the components on your programmer. Make sure nothing got installed backwards.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 01:16:43 AM »
No, he downloaded the opensource project file.

Red_Stafford: It sounds like there is a problem with either the setup in winpic for your programmer, or the software setup with windows. Make sure you go through everything here for installing your programmer and running it:

http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/winpic/index.htm

If that does not work, double check the components on your programmer. Make sure nothing got installed backwards.

Ok I will take a look, but I have been told recently that the programmer is not compatible with the chip

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 02:20:41 AM »
but I have been told recently that the programmer is not compatible with the chip

yep thats your problem. the 1000 limit code by kingmike is compatible with PIC12F629 i think which can be programmed by the programmer you have. the only problem with that code is that after its 1000 limit use you have to take apart the controller and reprogram it again with the same hex code.

EDIT: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20459.0 have you tried that one yet? i think thats the 1000 use limit one.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:26:38 AM by Nemesis »

Offline Red_Stafford

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 05:34:01 AM »
yep thats your problem. the 1000 limit code by kingmike is compatible with PIC12F629 i think which can be programmed by the programmer you have. the only problem with that code is that after its 1000 limit use you have to take apart the controller and reprogram it again with the same hex code.

EDIT: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20459.0 have you tried that one yet? i think thats the 1000 use limit one.

1000 limit, what does the 1000 refer to the amount of shots, amount of time trigger pressed ?

I think I will just need to get a new PIC programmer I have heard good things about the PICkit 2 and the clone version (June bug) of the PICkit 2

Looks like I wont be getting rapid fire for a while yet

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 07:06:50 AM »
Just to avoid any more confusion:

This has nothing to do with the code KingMike_OS posted (that he crippled with 1000 uses).

You have the right chip. If you go to the link I just posted, your programmer DOES support the 12F683.

Your programmer is not a standard JDM design, so WinPic requires you to setup the hardware settings inside WinPic in a specific way, and if you go to that link and press "CTRL-F" and search for K8048 you will find how to setup yours.

If you still cannot get this programmer to work, then a simple JDM circuit built with parts you should already have ro can get locally is here:

If you want to purchase a good JDM programmer, goto Olimex.com and find your international reseller for the PG2C design.

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »
i live in the UK, yes he does ship! it usually takes about a week overall if you buy 1 chip it will cost £7, CHEAP!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal