Author Topic: your opinion on DS phat or DS lite  (Read 10057 times)

Offline baneweaver

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
your opinion on DS phat or DS lite
« on: August 13, 2007, 10:43:24 PM »
hey guys, baneweaver here again and i've seen tons of people arguing about which is better, the lite,or the phat most people say lite, i beg to differ, post your opinion on both of the systems. (i know lite is going to win) ps. here is a funny review on the DS lite, although it is funny and convincing, HE'S WRONG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC-3HoPOD9I&mode=related&search=
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:47:48 PM by baneweaver »

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: your opinion on DS phat or DS lite
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »
i actually like the phat better because ive had more experience with them and i like the shaper of it better then the square model of the lite

Offline Mystike

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mystike.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »
I wub my launch day DS Phat. Gets the job done , sturdy and hasn't failed me so far so I see no need for a lite.

Offline beniceeatrice

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »
i like the ds lite better because it fits in the pocket making it more mobile. unlike the phat. and the power button doesnt remind me of a start button but it also still has its problems... anyway the volume seems more resistant so its more control and theres 4 brightness levels which make it great when running on low batterys so in my opinion lite wins.

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 07:38:41 AM »
i love the lite better then the phat, its small, lighter and i use it with my gnm all the time, and alot of games look alot better on the brighter screen of the lite then they do on the phat.
It's been a long time

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hiding under your bed devouring your dreams..
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 10:39:40 AM »
I love my fatty!!

1st of all I can't stand too much brightness like the lite's higher level(same as the psp, I always have it on the lowest).

2nd I wanted a ds so much when it was out and I don't want to dump my fat for a new lite.

3rd I've spent lot's of nights playing with my fat hearing the clicking sound of the buttons that I'll miss it if I buy a lite.

4th I don't want to make my fatty cry because a lite took his place in my pocket  :cry2:

Aricado: Kenshinffx made my sig.
"I made your Avatar too!"
Aricado: Get outta my head!!!!

TheG4mer

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 10:43:21 AM »
As long as it fits in my pocket and works. i dont care

ohwell fat FTW!!!

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hiding under your bed devouring your dreams..
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »
As long as it fits in my pocket and works. i dont care

ohwell fat FTW!!!
You seem to get my point :D
+ I don't fit in most of my trousers(damn skinny me!!) and my pockets are so loose that I can fit my ds keys and my wallet full of notes ID and other ID cards!

Aricado: Kenshinffx made my sig.
"I made your Avatar too!"
Aricado: Get outta my head!!!!

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 01:30:12 PM »
Lite, For pure modability.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »
You seem to get my point :D
+ I don't fit in most of my trousers(damn skinny me!!) and my pockets are so loose that I can fit my ds keys and my wallet full of notes ID and other ID cards!

my pockets on a average day basis
left pocket:
cell phone
huge/thick wallet
sometimes psp in not in right

right pocket:
ipod touch
sometimes psp if not in left

i stopped carrying my ds everywhere with me when i got my psp
but i still like the phatty better
btw i dont have any probs with the phat fitting in my pockets compared to lite

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 09:41:53 PM »
Ds lite ftw
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 06:29:39 AM »
4 month old delay ftl? lol, meh since someone else basically bumped it, I'd like to take back some of the things I mentioned in the DS lite. If you want something that looks good and is good for you since it's small, ds lite. If you want a sturdy, big but in a good way, loud, handheld, then ds phat ftw. Basically since I've modded at least 1 thing in both of them, I noticed how everything on the fat is sturdy, and although there are multiple cables for the screen, that actually feels like a good thing. The lites ribbon cables are pretty fragile, and can break over some wear and tear. The phat's cables however, are places in a spot that prevent it from getting cut or bent, with the exception of the top LCD to bottom LCD ribbon cable, which when I fixed my first phat, had that problem. The only issue with BOTH ds phat and lite, is that they have a weak hinge design. Probably a good 85% of broken DS's are broken due to this and when it's broken, it starts a chain reaction of tear in the ribbons. Long story short, for looks, lite, for sturdyness, phat. There rumor of a new DS in the works, with larger and skinnier screens (which might mean an even skinnier ds compared to lite) and no GBA slot but it would have internal memory). So if anybody wants to have a seriously compact yet higher quality (hopefully the hinges will be redesign to NOT suck), then if that rumor is true, go ahead and wait for that ds :D.

Edit- Apparently another rumor came out. It mentioned the DS might be named Nova or something, kinda weird, but then again nintendo have given some clever names b4 (wii lol), so that might make the previous rumor even more beleivable :D
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 09:50:39 PM »
Sound: L, Screen Detail: L, Safe Power button(you know what I mean): L, Attractiveness: L, Props(which one girls actually think makes me look cool not way nerdy): L, Battery Life: L, Stylus thickness(which stylus cramps my hand less): L, Stylus Position(which one stays in better and is more readily at my availability): L, Size in pocket: L, Size in hands(which one cramps my hands less): F

overall fatty wins, as I can just use a fatter stylus when I use my fatty at home...but I own both so when I go out I can use my lite...thanx fer yer time, asta!

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
Ok wait are you saying which of the aspects do which ds beat which in? If you are then you got it wrong mate.
Sound: Phat- It's plainly louder then the lite
Screen Detail- Lite, only because it has multiple lightin options, and the ds phat can only do that if it's flashed
Safe Power Button- I'd say lite since my thumb on it's own can reach both the d-pad and power button, but it hasnt been turned off accidentaly yet. I'd say in terms of stability, phat. The lites power switch tends to break easily if you overdo it. The phat's button is perfect and will never break on you.
size- lite
stylus position- lite
size in hands-phat
size in pocket- phat

Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Zee

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • K33p1ng 17 un1que.....
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »
Ds lite ftw. Better battery life, you can change the intesity of the background light, light weight + easier to carry and is much more sturdy(the hinges are more durable). To top it all off i think it looks cooler with or without mods.  :tup:

Offline coulonkid2012

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Dun Dun Dun Duh
    • myspace
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 01:02:17 AM »
in my opinion i think they both have their good features but for ppl like me who plays for hours on end i like the phat better because it fits in your hands and is just better but the lite is cool 2

Current Projects:360 controller in a ps2 controller shell, 360 controller in a n64 controller shell, custom painted 360 faceplate and controller shell,

Offline sniper07

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »
Phat is easier to handle but lite is just so sleek. ;)

Offline Larvitar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • THE MUSHROOM IS PIMP.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 07:21:53 AM »
In terms of modding,i prefer the ds phat.its got tons of space and the damn power button cant break:P

Offline Josho

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »
I personally prefer my Lite. I have to say the Phat is slightly better holding in a way cause it's smooth and round and you don't have the sharp edge of the lite.

But my hands fit better with the lite, but I have small hands lol.

Overall I prefer the lite on looks, screen, battery and sound quality, the phat seems louder though.

My preference lite, but I see why people prefer the phat.

Offline kow777

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »
i actually like the phat better because ive had more experience with them and i like the shaper of it better then the square model of the lite
i love the squareness of the lite
but he phat has a better feel while playing

Offline odin15

• Club AM VIP
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • advanced anime.com
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »
ok.
I have a fat.
had it since before the lite came out.
the lite haz its good features like the style,size,brightness settings,bigger stylus and cover for the gba slot and the power botton it on the side.
(had a bad gaming experience with it above the d-pad :faint:) but I dont think its enough to get me to sell my ds phat and get one.
its not that different.
I'd buy one for cheap because its cool in my eyes but I'm good with my phat.
however the dsi is a whole nother story!  :hifive:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal