Author Topic: Ask Your Questions Here..  (Read 65737 times)

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
Ask Your Questions Here..
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:06:42 PM »

Offline kat0506

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ACIDMODS College of Virginia
Re: Ask Your Questions Here..
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 11:58:17 PM »
how do u get to the ranking acid modder??? bcas its not even listed in the ranking post???
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/kat0708.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">kat0708</iframe>

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 02:41:19 AM »

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »
Quick question, on a scale of one to ten, ten being awesome, how awesome is ACIDMODS!   :w00t:

Offline Gavia

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:43:54 AM »
Quick question, on a scale of one to ten, ten being awesome, how awesome is ACIDMODS!   :w00t:

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 07:46:38 AM »
i was gonna say a gajillion, but thanks for helping me out  :thumbsup:

now for a real question, when are some PS3 mods gonna happen,  even if its not by Cyber.  Im still afraid to touch my warrenty sticker to take my faceplate off.

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 07:48:30 AM »

now for a real question, when are some PS3 mods gonna happen,  even if its not by Cyber.  Im still afraid to touch my warrenty sticker to take my faceplate off.

I wish I had one but hey Wii mods are on there way :)

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 07:58:27 AM »

Do be scared dude, crack it open man. I'd love to see whats in there.

Apparently adding a larger hard drive is as easy as unpluging the origanal and replacing it with a new (normal pc) one. You must have to format it somehow though.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 08:07:01 AM »
Do be scared dude, crack it open man. I'd love to see whats in there.

Apparently adding a larger hard drive is as easy as unpluging the origanal and replacing it with a new (normal pc) one. You must have to format it somehow though.

not a pc one, but a laptops 2.5inch SATA hard drive, im planning on doing this when they allow us to download big ass games on the Playstation store.  Yeah its really easy, look at this... http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/games/playstation_2/ps3_gets_diy_upgrade

I wish I had one but hey Wii mods are on there way :)

yup im still waiting to get back into the black on my expenses and a few fun games to come out before i pick one up!

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 08:13:21 AM »
not a pc one, but a laptops 2.5inch SATA hard drive, im planning on doing this when they allow us to download big ass games on the Playstation store.  Yeah its really easy, look at this... http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/games/playstation_2/ps3_gets_diy_upgrade

yup im still waiting to get back into the black on my expenses and a few fun games to come out before i pick one up!

That certanly does look simple. I am not convinced thats going to work though. Surly the ps3 needs the drive to be formated in a perticular way. Unless it just does it automaticly.

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:30:02 AM »
yes and like the Xbox it might need to be flashed with special firmware

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 08:32:03 AM »
Same with the ps2. Worth looking in to.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »
lol, under system settings in the XMB there is an option to format the hard drive, back-up the hard drive to an external, amongst other things (Installing another os)

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 09:23:18 AM »
lol, under system settings in the XMB there is an option to format the hard drive, back-up the hard drive to an external, amongst other things (Installing another os)
Wow. Sounds like sony are opening up to thirdparty vendors a bit. Cool.

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 01:04:39 AM »
Ok this has gon way of topic. This is suposed to be sugestions for the faq.

Offline Dëšërt Føx­™

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 10:01:44 PM »
wow. yea, uh I'm new here but I honestly don't plan on writing in the forums much, but I have pretty much have an idea of a few questions:

Now I'm willing to spend as much money possible (maybe in one shot or over time) but I need to know exactly what mods do I need to pimp my psp and over just show off. Now I want everything possible (and thats  everything: vibration, LEDS, etc) but I don't want to solder anything myself. The most I'll do is screw, glue, and the occasional prying of the LCD screen. ok here is somewhat what I want:

1) custom umd door jewel mod- can that be painted here?
2) Pre-wired Trigger Mod With Power Switchboard- do they turn on only when i press them? how many LED extentions are there?
3) Oscillating "3X Chaser"- I'm not sure if I want this b\c I'm using the flat black faceplate and it won't show up. possibility of making the lights in the button area instead? and will this hinder with the trigger mod? how many LED extentions are there?
4) Infrared LEDs-psp camara- i don't want this yet but any chance you'll be selling pre modded psp camera's?
5) ROLLING BALL TILT SWITCH- wtf is this?
6) Rumble motor 1.3v- does this work with every game? soldering required? instructions?
7) Pre-Order analog to digital replacement board- does this come with the joystick assembly? soldering?

thats about it for now, anything else I need before buying.
hope I posted in the right section, lol.
-Fox

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 01:23:15 AM »
Hmm. . .no soldering, ok.

1. The jewels will require you to cut your own umd door. Its not to hard, theres a video tutorial in the tut section.
2. Theres 2 LEDs, they power on with the psp but it would be posible to add a switch (although this would require some soldering an a small cut in your face plate)
3. The oscillating chip requires soldering too. You could use it any wher you can fit an LED. Its been used with a jewel.
4. The night vision mod is still in development, you'll have to check back for that one ; )
5. The tiltball switch is to add motion controle for a ds or psp, another one that you'll have to check out later.
6. The analoge to digital dosent require soldering, not sure on the joystick.

Hope that helps

Hey Cyber anything to add to this??

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 08:12:31 AM »
Do to copy Write Laws I cannot sell a pre assembled modded analog stick..

Offline shivy

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 08:59:37 AM »
but could u sell a ps2/madcatz/anything joystick on its own, my bro would kill me if i too kapart my ps2 joystick.

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »
And No Chance on PreModded PSP cameras. Copyright Laws The Same with the Analog sticks.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »
And No Chance on PreModded PSP cameras. Copyright Laws The Same with the Analog sticks.

Yes thats how we get around copy write laws we don't actualy do the mods for people we just sell the supplies and post how someone may go about doing it if they wished

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
If you just to make something that is basicly an ir tourch that fits on psp, shorly that wouldnt break any laws?

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »
If you just to make something that is basicly an ir tourch that fits on psp, shorly that wouldnt break any laws?

Yeah but the camara needs to be opened to jack into the power for the IR's

Offline Dëšërt Føx­™

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »
wow, i didnt even know there where copyright laws for mods.

I had posted this morning but I guess it got deleted or w\e. I'll repeat it:

Im definately getting:
-custom jewel mod
-the pre-wired LEDS-question, about how much soldering would I need to do for a tiny switch, I don't mind cutting the hole, and maybe do soldering with low heat solder tape (I don't solder with string). and do you sell that switch with the package?
-the oscillating LEDS, exactly what kind of soldering, I don't wanna solder to my mobo or any other expensive piece. and does it only go to one set of LEDS or can I hook it up so it runs through the LEDS and the jewels?
-I don't mind about the camera, it would be good tho that you have a stock of psp camera's and instructions (I didn't see any)
-that tilt ball thing, thats most likely for games like Mercury? eh I don't want it then.
-what exactly is the difference in analogue and digital? I don't understand that well.
-oh and are you guys going to sell a dual analogue kit (I liked the idea of it but I don't solder...)

--Fox

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 02:56:06 PM »
wow, i didnt even know there where copyright laws for mods.

I had posted this morning but I guess it got deleted or w\e. I'll repeat it:

Im definately getting:
-custom jewel mod
-the pre-wired LEDS-question, about how much soldering would I need to do for a tiny switch, I don't mind cutting the hole, and maybe do soldering with low heat solder tape (I don't solder with string). and do you sell that switch with the package?
-the oscillating LEDS, exactly what kind of soldering, I don't wanna solder to my mobo or any other expensive piece. and does it only go to one set of LEDS or can I hook it up so it runs through the LEDS and the jewels?
-I don't mind about the camera, it would be good tho that you have a stock of psp camera's and instructions (I didn't see any)
-that tilt ball thing, thats most likely for games like Mercury? eh I don't want it then.
-what exactly is the difference in analogue and digital? I don't understand that well.
-oh and are you guys going to sell a dual analogue kit (I liked the idea of it but I don't solder...)

--Fox

Ok man, some of those questions are answered in the faq, but I'll have a go at answering them.

Soldering on a switich is just two small solders, easy.

I think you might wana stear clear of the oscillating chip, thats a little bit mor advanced.

Theres no cameras in the estore

Tilt controle can be seen in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rloM534MHR0

the difference in analogue and digital is that analogug has more than one level of input, like  the joysticks on a ps2 and digital is on or off, like the dpad.

The analoge kit is on pre order at the momen. The first vertion will require soldering (there ar people here who might do it for you), but the next version will be solder free.

Hope that helps.

Cyber, want to add anything??

EDIT: Damb, looks like me and Dëšërt Føx carnt be bothered to read the top of this thread befor we post. lol
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 03:15:14 PM by F00 f00 (R&D-Q&A) »

Offline Dëšërt Føx­™

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »

Ok man, some of those questions are answered in the faq, but I'll have a go at answering them.

Soldering on a switich is just two small solders, easy.

I think you might wana stear clear of the oscillating chip, thats a little bit mor advanced.

Theres no cameras in the estore

Tilt controle can be seen in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rloM534MHR0

the difference in analogue and digital is that analogug has more than one level of input, like  the joysticks on a ps2 and digital is on or off, like the dpad.

The analoge kit is on pre order at the momen. The first vertion will require soldering (there ar people here who might do it for you), but the next version will be solder free.

Hope that helps.

Cyber, want to add anything??

EDIT: Damb, looks like me and Dëšërt Føx carnt be bothered to read the top of this thread befor we post. lol

lol, I one who reads before I ask questions, and I read the FAQ's, they are unclear which is why I am here ;)

anywho. about the cameras, I meant I didn't see any instructions on how to install them (I knew there wasn't any in the store)
I'll hold off on the oscillating chip for now. I'll wait for the no solder version of the analogue kit. And another question (to add on to my myriad amount asked already) from the video, the tilt ball was attached to the DS's usb, does the one I would buy here come already like that so I just pop into the psp? or do I take apart a USB B-type and solder it on? (I didn't even think it was that small lol). I would get it just for Gran Turismo.

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 06:01:21 AM »
I think the camera pretty much just pops into the usb and your good to go, the mod were working on is Night Vision. The ds needs to be modifide to add a mini usb socket for the tilt, you can buy those in the store too. The psp version however is still in development.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 06:05:55 AM »
i have a eyetoy for the ps2 and has normal usb... if i have the psp cam software and i put the cam in the usb could it wor?
yeah i know it need power but i know how to do that (at the sides of the usb are the + and -)

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 06:16:39 AM »
i have a eyetoy for the ps2 and has normal usb... if i have the psp cam software and i put the cam in the usb could it wor?
yeah i know it need power but i know how to do that (at the sides of the usb are the + and -)
I seriosly doubt it.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 06:18:47 AM »
hmmm i know i do to but mayeb it has the same playstation chip as the psp cam.... i use the eyetoy as cam to on my pc with some software and i have to say it looks awsomo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal