Author Topic: Flexboard V3, not working  (Read 2339 times)

Offline timmetje21

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Flexboard V3, not working
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:39:45 AM »
Hi fellow gamers,

I have tried to install the flexboard V3 on my controller, and for some reason no buttons are working. The once that ARE working: PS HOME & ANALOG, when i take the ramapper off. All the buttons seem to work fine.

Controller is a JDM-040 198133011

Remapper is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Remapper-Board-V3-fur-PS4-Controller-JDM-040-041-Slim-Pro-Duplex-Paddle/152854204569?hash=item2396d21099:g:zgsAAOSwWxNY1SCW

I can understand thats its hard base on these photos to tell me what im doing wrong, im curious tho if i actually got the correct remapper, because to me it makes no sense that only 2 buttons work ( PS home & analog)

Thanks already!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Flexboard V3, not working
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »
That piece of tape in there isn't helping any, it needs to go. Even something that thin in there can mess up the connections.  Also, judging from the design of that thing, it has all kinds of slop where it's not going to line up on the contacts very well.

You should have got yourself an SFX-040. ;) https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,44001.0.html
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline timmetje21

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 02:08:06 AM »
Thx for the respond, is it stil possible to purchase 1 of those?

Will take the platic off, but ive tried it before without plastic

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:35:30 AM »
If those kinds of things are not lined up almost perfect the contacts don't mate correctly. Sometimes the entire controller needs to be put back together as well, so the back of the shell will put some more pressure on the board and squeeze the connections together better.

You can PM me about getting an SFX-040 if you can not get that one to work.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline timmetje21

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
Yes i wil go for another attempt, good to have ur option on the table aswel, appreciated!

1 last question, i have pulled the charge port (white plastic that goes in all the pins on the PCB) out of the pins,

I have tried for +- 1 hour to put it back in, but its really hard since all of the pins has to alling perfectly. 1-2 even broke off :(

Does that mean that my controller wont charge back up anymore?

If thats true i rest my case and take a pauze....this controller is necking me

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:09:35 AM »
That connector is for the micro USB port (for charging and wired operation) and the LED bar, so none of that will work if it's not on there.

Offline timmetje21

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »
yes
I have just put the port back on the pins (the white case( after half a hour of trying)). Unfortunatly the controller is not charging anymore :(

Its probably because  2 pins have been broken?

So i will have to buy a new controller :(

Will be back after i have a new 1 haha

Thx for the help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal