Author Topic: JDS-030 DIAGRAM  (Read 3590 times)

Offline noipi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDS-030 DIAGRAM
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »
im looking for a diagram for DS4 jds-030 to trace the charging ways. thank you

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: JDS-030 DIAGRAM
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:21:49 PM »
The JDS boards are fairly simple pass thru connection for the micro USB to the controller board, then from it to the LED. There' isn't much to trace on them aside from what you can already see. The only thing that is has to do with charging really is passing the 5v and possibly the USB data lines thru it.

The Resistor is more of a fuse for the 5v from the USB. Then there is a dual Inductor on the USB D+/D- lines. Last is the transient suppressor for the D+/D- lines and it's decoupling Capacitor.

Any of them failing could cause the controller not to charge, especially the Resistor as it would kill the 5v and it would never get to the controller board. The dual Inductor can be tested for continuity or internal shorting and if the Transient suppressor is suspect then it can just be removed and the board tested without it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline noipi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 11:55:27 PM »
thank you for the fast reply...
the 5v pass tru the resistor, but after resistor there is a 4 holes and can be trce at the back on it..i check the voltage, but no voltage drop. can i make jumper on it.

Offline noipi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 12:01:36 AM »
my question , after the 5v resistor where it goes?
thank you

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 12:06:22 AM »
You will not measure any voltage drop across it because it is a very low value Resistor. Measure the Resistance of it, or measure the voltage from Ground to each side of it. If one side has 5v and the other does not, then it's open and you can just jumper it.

It's a multi-layer board, but it just runs to the 12 pin connector, pins 7 and 8 of it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline noipi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 12:36:43 AM »
i jump now the connection from resistor to the back of the continuation of the board..now the ds4 charge.  thank you.

no continuity after the resistor(5v)..jump at the back of the mobo.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 12:40:33 AM »
Welcome.

Offline kristinaumi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
Hi,

Please can you please be more specific on how to make jumper ond JDS-030 because I have the same problem.

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal