Author Topic: Flex Pcb needed  (Read 1535 times)

Offline CptChronic

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Flex Pcb needed
« on: January 31, 2018, 12:19:12 PM »
Can anyone on here make a flexible pcb on CAD for me or know someone that will please? I need it for the xbox one S controller.

If all goes well I'll also have one for the older xb1 versions and maybe PS4 too. With a new one everytime a new version is released.

Obviously for cash.

Thanks

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Flex Pcb needed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 08:29:16 PM »
FPC design isn't much different than PCB design when you get down to it. The design parameters of it would dictate most of the cost, but that can get into a real mess depending on if it needs to be tested first, redesigned and so on. Expect having the actual FPC made to be more expensive by comparison to a similar PCB design. It also costs a bit more on the assembly side if you're going that route. 

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline CptChronic

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Flex Pcb needed
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 09:13:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply RDC. I know it's not going to be cheap, been thinking of trying to make one myself but I have no knowledge on cad at all.
At the moment it's taking me around an hour to install this new mod, so many wires  :confused: plus it's an 18f chip so soldering it to the mini circuit board before installation to the controller is a nightmare as the legs are so small and close together.
The other one I have only takes 5 minutes but isn't as good so I need to get moving with the new one.

The one you have posted there would be perfect, it's a different chip though

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal