Author Topic: Scuf Remap buttons  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Greyfox7376

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Scuf Remap buttons
« on: January 30, 2018, 05:22:27 AM »
Hey everyone. I have a scuf without the EMR that i want to change one of the buttons. Scuff wants a fortune to change. I personally don't love the company but i like their controllers. I bought it on ebay but i dont have much experience with boards like this. In the pic you can see the scuf mod chip with an area in the middle that says prog. Does anyone have a clue how this works.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Scuf Remap buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »
I doubt that's for the user, as it looks more like a custom connector for programming the chip after the board has been assembled.

If it has the ability to be remappable, it will be programmed into it and then be done by some button combination. If it doesn't, then the chips firmware would have to be updated and you'd have to either have them do it, or reverse the thing and write your own code to make it work how you want.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 12:32:28 AM »
did you want to change the button to something different other than X O

or did you mean you wanted to replace a dead switch that didnt click or work anymore??

depending on your answer is how ill help

EDIT:

actually ill just help you now

if you want to change it to something else other than X O

you have 3 options:

Option 1) P1 - P6 are the pins that go to the other buttons so youll have to (by trial and error) figure out which P is which button and wire it up to that

Option 2) youll have to buy one of RDCs JDM-030 SFX chips (if he has any left) and replace the paddles with buttons instead of paddles

Option 3) Send it to me and ill make it be like a battle beaver with buttons instead of a scuf with paddles ( for money of course)

If you are just trying to replace a dead switch that didnt click or work anymore and want to keep using their paddles

you are SOL and will have to pay scuf to do it because they switched to a button only they make.

EDIT #2:  if the controller worked just fine and will still work if you put it back together, then you can just use the PS4 accessibility menu to remap the X O

EDIT#3: the place on their board that says "prog" is just where their custom 12 pin chip that activates EMR with a magnet would go if you ordered EMR lol

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:00:53 AM by LethalPrime »

Offline Greyfox7376

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 05:05:18 AM »
Thank you for the tips. The paddles are actually programmed to X and Square. Square? That is why i want to change them. Ill go ahead and splice into the board and wire the paddles with one of the Console customs chips.

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:56:01 PM »
You could always just put it back together and enable custom button assignments via the PS4 accessibility menu which will change your square to whatever you want it to be

Either way those are all your options

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal