Author Topic: DS4 remapping JDM050  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Arsen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
DS4 remapping JDM050
« on: December 18, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »
Hi, Does anyone know where the soldering points on the new JDM050 chip are for button remapping? Sony keeps changing the chip and irritating everyone :).
Photos are from another topic i saw but it doens't answer my question. PLEASE HELP!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: DS4 remapping JDM050
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:23:03 PM »
If you want to solder to the board on the -050 or the -055 for the 4 main buttons, Cross, Circle, Triangle and Square, then flip it over and follow those buttons traces to the closest via. All run the whole way and end up right under the MCU, except for Square, and then break out the magnifying glass or scope and have at her little bitty vias, but if you wreck even a single one of them then that's pretty much it for the controller as repairing it would be an even bigger headache.

Removing the board and flipping it over, so you're looking at it as if you were using it, then counting from the left, the top row are the odds, 1~19, the bottom row are the evens, 2~18

11 - Cross
12 - Circle
13 - Triangle
18 - Square

DS4 thread updated with the -050 and -055 now. - https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43542.msg324803.html#msg324803

I quit this method back when the -020 came out, as they used some blind and buried vias on that thing, it's just not worth the hassle anymore. Since the -030 version, I've made an SFX board for them to wire up Tacts without having to solder to the board at all, and the one I made for the -040 will also work on the -050 and -055 versions.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,44001.0.html
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:44:23 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Arsen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:45:56 AM »
Ok, Could you put dot's in the picture? Dots the points where the buttons are? I couldn't really understand what you meant with 11 12 13 etc.
Thank you very much!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 02:48:41 AM »
That information is in the DS4 thread now. 
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Arsen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 02:49:45 AM »
OK thx
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:55:08 AM by Arsen »

Offline Arsen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 02:53:04 AM »
OK Great! I saw it and that will help a lot! Thank you! :drunk:
How do you make the SFX board? I want to make one for my PS4 controller as well is there a tutorail of how to make the SFX board so i don't have to solder anymore?
Thanks again!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:58:09 AM by Arsen »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 03:20:51 AM »
Welcome.

There are no tutorials on how to make your own FPC that I'm aware of, as it's really no more different than designing any PCB, save the specifics of it, and the tolerances involved and gold plating there would be a pain to make at home anyway. So you can do like I did, learn to use a PCB design tool (I use DipTrace here) then measure, measure and remeasure everything in the controller. Print out your design a good 20 times or more on paper. Then painstakingly cut it out every time and do test installs to make sure everything is all good. Then send the design off to a fab house that can do FPC. It'll only takes days to weeks of designing, then hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on how many you're wanting to have made, but, you'll not have to solder to the controller at all then.

Alternatively there, you can PM me about one, as I've already gone thru all of that 'fun' there and have them here.  ;)

Offline Arsen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 03:25:57 AM »
Just sended you a PM!

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »
yeah, i recommend just buying RDC's simple flex :)

Ive been using the vias method for a long long time now but im getting super tired of it

i found all the vias for the jdm-040

and then sony went and changed the board AGAIN, and TWICE in the same few months.

Ive yet to find the vias for the L2 2L and R2 2R on jdm 050 055 ( well i found the hidden ones) broke two controller touch pad connectors before I gave up on jdm 050 055 triggers

if you only have a cheap wall plug soldering iron that cost you 10 bucks, youll WANT the simple flex because those vias are TINY

if you happen to own a hakko or a weller like me, then youll be okay with the vias, but since you had no idea how to find the vias, i doubt you have a $200 soldering station ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal