Author Topic: Help with xbox360 control wont power up  (Read 1762 times)

Offline orlinowns

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Help with xbox360 control wont power up
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:48:24 AM »
Hi, i have a xbox360 control with a cg2 board and it wont power up,i was wondering if i could bridge the contact where the batteries go to another point to let the power through because somehow the board isn't getting any power from the batteries just like bridging  "A" to main chip.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Help with xbox360 control wont power up
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:39:28 PM »
It's not the best idea to go doing that, as it's designed to be powered from multiple sources and the MCU controls and 'knows' which is being used. Hard wiring it for only one could cause issues.

Does it show any signs of life from any of the 3 different power sources? AA pack? PnC pack? PnC cable?

If all you have are the AA packs, then very first thing you need to check is the plastic tab in the battery compartment of the controller. It's pretty much dead center in there and sticks up 1/8" or so. It makes the switch (2 metal tabs) inside of the middle of the AA pack close. That plastic tab in the controller can break, or the metal tabs in the AA pack can get bent and not make connection when it's installed and you'll have a dead controller, again only applies to AA packs.

If all you have is a single PnC pack, the data in the EEPROM in those things can get corrupt and the pack becomes useless without reflashing it, and even then it's a 50/50 shot if it will hold or just happen again.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline orlinowns

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Help with xbox360 control wont power up
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:20:35 AM »
hi, i'm back hehe and yeah with the pnc pack it works just with AA batteries its not working.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal