Author Topic: List of SMDs /capacitors for OLED version  (Read 201 times)

Offline Ch3ck3rM0n

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
List of SMDs /capacitors for OLED version
« on: November 17, 2023, 03:26:19 AM »
Hi all,

I stupidly break up two capacitors on my OLED Switch next to the CPU. After a few hours I
found out, the capacitors are responsible for Wi-Fi. I bridged them (crossing fingers) to be sure and get my wi-fi back.
The problem is, without the SMDs I do not get Wi-Fi 5Ghz connections and Wi-Fi 2,4 Ghz stuck on 10mbits/s (nothing to play online).

So I want to replace the capacitors with new one, but I don't know what I have to order from Aliexpress. An image of the capacitors you will have attached.

Many thanks in advance.

CM

« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 12:14:33 PM by Ch3ck3rM0n »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: List of SMDs /reistores for OLED version
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 09:06:36 AM »
Those look like Capacitors. Resistors are typically black or blue in color, Caps are tan or brown. In the case of Caps, bridging them was the worst thing that you could do. That's also really bad practice to be doing in the case of actual Resistors, so please stop doing it unless you know the Resistor in question was already a 0 ohm jumper.

You'll have to get someone with a known good board to remove them and test the values to know what needs to go back on there, as the value needs to be fairly specific.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Ch3ck3rM0n

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: List of SMDs /capacitors for OLED version
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 12:53:20 PM »
Yeah, but if I do not try I will never learn (sometimes the learning costs).

In the meanwhile I found on reddit a very similar incident from a person with a NON-OLED switch. He figured out with all the guys it would be a capacitor: SMD 0.1uF 10V 0201

Could it be worth a try?

Here image from non-OLED:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 12:54:11 PM by Ch3ck3rM0n »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal