Author Topic: C7 capacitor value on 1708 model?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline e36_TUDM

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
C7 capacitor value on 1708 model?
« on: March 24, 2018, 10:58:41 PM »
Hello, my controller has been giving me some input lag issues (On PC) since I bought it. I also noticed something rattling inside the controller and been a longtime DIYer I opened it and found a loose cap. After looking at RDC's pcb scans I identified it's location, C7 from the MCU board. I'm at college, so I don't have my soldering gear. By the time I came back home I had lost the cap.

Hoping someone here knows the value of this cap and can help me out.

PS. I'm not 100% this is the cause of my problem, but it's a good start

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: C7 capacitor value on 1708 model?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 02:26:35 AM »
C7 on the MCU board is a 100uF, 0805 size. It's a decoupling cap on the 3.3v rail and should be installed, though I can't see it causing lag issues.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline e36_TUDM

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:26:35 AM »
Thank you. Cap has been ordered.

I'll look into some other possible causes. I've tried updating the controller and using another PC so far with the same results. The exact issue is that the controller from time to time doesn't do anything for a second or two while gaming. It doesn't turn off or disconnect, it just doesn't register any input for those few seconds.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 04:01:55 PM »
A few seconds? That isn't really lag, that's pretty much gagging on something. Have you tried another controller on the same PCs? Tried this controller on an XB1 console? Tried it with some AA batteries installed? Tried more than a couple of different micro USB cables?
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline e36_TUDM

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 04:24:35 PM »
I only have that one XB1 controller, but since that one hasn't been working I've using two different Xbox 360 (connected via Microsoft Wireless receiver) and a PS4  controller (connected via Bluetooth) on the same PCs without any issues. I don't own an XB1 console, but my brother does. I will test the controller on his when I get the chance and also test his controllers on my PCs too.

So far I've only tried the controller with AA batteries connected via Bluetooth. I need to assemble the controller and test it using a micro USB cable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal