Author Topic: All fightsticks  (Read 13861 times)

Offline Brian 503

• Acidmods Alumni
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
All fightsticks
« on: August 03, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »
Well it's safe to say I have the fightstick bug lol. Here's my newest build.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0Bxc43E-mo1hyakVSbTFLczFXNGs

It will house a UFB and MC chuthulu with an imp v2.1 board. I have two custom joystick moutng plates. The main one will be for my Il joystick. The other mounting plate will fit any jlf style mounting. The buttons will be Il with cherry microswitchs. The home, select, start, touch button, l3, r3 & turbo buttons are 5mm spst switches which are all mounted on the main top portion. I also have a pro cable from Jansons custom creations I'm very excited about this build, I will have almost all custom legacy cords made by myself for all my retro systems. I'll be doing all my own wiring as well. Can't wait to post final pics of the build when completed!

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: All fightsticks
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 06:53:44 AM »
oh, I can't wait to see this finished. I tried making my own once, proved to be more than I could handle at the time. I might just be motivated enough to finish my mine after seeing yours. Keep it up!!

Offline Brian 503

• Acidmods Alumni
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 06:16:45 PM »
The kits now days can be put together by 5 year olds lol. There's all solderless solutions now but it all comes out to big money that's why I make all my own wiring harness which is pretty simple for members of our modding backgrounds. I'm keeping my as close to American arcade setups as far as parts. I don't did the American 8 button layout I like the vewlix layout or noir layouts. Anyway hope to have it all done in two or three weeks. It will be clean as it's a show piece hence the open window on the bottom so u can see all the pretty wiring lol.

Offline Brian 503

• Acidmods Alumni
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »
Hey gizmo if u want I have an extra MC chuthulu board. This board is rare now hard to find a it supports ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4 with 8min timeout, Xbox original, xbox360, dreamcast, nes, snes, gamecube, Sega Saturn, neo geo & pc. The hard part is u have to make the cables using the systems stock controller wire with a rj45 connector but I have a rj45 crimp tool and can make the cables. I can let u have it for 10$ I can even direct u to all the installation schematics. Way easier than piggy backing controllers. I also have a phreakmods Xbox one pen the u can use the Xbox 1 boomerang pcb that snaps right in for solderless Xbox one piggy backing. If sell that for 10$ as well. I also k ow where to get full Xbox once bare pcb for 17$ u can have all the brains to have a Xbox joystick for about 30$ let me k ow if your interested. These go for about 45$ a pcb and that's if u can even find one.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 06:03:31 AM »
oh now I'm even more interested. LOL! First i need to recoup some cash since i dumped a lot of funds into my dreamcast mods. Once that settles, i will hit you up.
I am currently going with a low cost build right now since the stick will be used to play retro games on my raspberry pi zero. My kids fell in love with super Mario but console controllers are huge for them. Been on the back burner for about 2 years now. They recently turn on the pi and started playing without me  :cry2:
But i want one made for me dreamcast. Marvel vs Capcom and x-men vs street fighter are some of my favorite fighting games to play with fightsticks.

P.S. My cousin loves tekken, street fighter and virtual fighters type games. He is always spending big bucks on stick like these. I have asked him for advice on which joystick to use and buttons and switches as well. So he can be tester for when i build one.

Offline Brian 503

• Acidmods Alumni
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 05:17:09 PM »

So I re did my fightstick! I did a clear carbon fiber vinal wrap, design the artwork got new buttons and modded an american il lorenzo stick to work with a perfect 360 optical sensor from a broken wico perfect 360 joystick. Came out nice and plays beautifully.

Offline AndreLeb

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 05:55:52 AM »
That's a work of art, Brian. Did you build any other sticks like that or was that just a one-off for you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal