Author Topic: DosBox running on Xbox One  (Read 50937 times)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
DosBox running on Xbox One
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:05:27 AM »

A Video on youtube is showing DosBox running on the XBox One. This is impressive and is not runnning on a hack.

Recently, the Xbox One was updated with a feature that allows anyone to 'Develop' apps/games for it, using the UWP interface, and even tho its very limited in the sandbox, someone been able to figure out a way to get 'DosBox' running on it, allowing them to get their Xbox One to boot-up Windows '95 and play the first version of Duke Nuk'em the video game, all tho the framerate a bit slow for now!

Developer vcfan has not released any binary at this point. Nevertheless, this looks pretty cool, despite the awful framerate. The Author says this can be improved though. Vcfan says: "Its slow for now because it's only using the cpu interpreter. The dynarec still needs work since it produces crashes on 64bit, but it flies with it."

In the video, we can see the developer running Windows 95, Duke Nukem 3D, and a tiny bit of an SNES emulator (but no SNES games).

That's pretty cool, and it would be interesting to see where this goes. This could quickly make the Xbox One a more interesting platform for enthusiast devs than the PS4.

In some of the youtube comments, vcfan has promised he will publish the sources in the days to come, so stay tuned.

So this is one story we going to follow for sure, as it seems the UWP mode on the Xbox One, might just open up some neat doors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=198&v=PDM27RpX4o0

So this is one story we going to follow for sure, as it seems the UWP mode on the Xbox One, might just open up some neat doors!

Source:http://wololo.net/2016/05/19/dosbox-running-xbox-one/

Thanks to @ita360com 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:08:00 AM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: DosBox running on Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
Getting there!!

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: DosBox running on Xbox One
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:20:11 AM »
 New updates From Team Xecuter
as he states here  Hopefully by the end of 2k17 we will have a Modded Xbox one

Xecuter's Reply
Sorry I been busy with a few things. -- But yeah things are moving along. - Recently, we might have secured an 'insider', still working out the details, once something has moved forward we will post it, but year 2017 is the key, it see things gelling together this year in time for the Scorpio release, that is main thing we need 'insider' info on, and how it has changed the landscape for everyone!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:22:00 AM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal