Author Topic: Xbox One Will get new Sling service by Dish Network in the upcoming weeks.  (Read 9040 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3

Thats Right, If you have not heard, Xbox one owners will have first access to the new streaming cable service offered by Dish Network. I cut the cable cord years ago and while I can find most of my digital entertainment online in one form or another, there has always been something missing. This new service will allow you to use your current equipment (without any additional items needed) to stream select turner networks including ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, TNT, Food Network, HGTV and much more. Full story below:

Dish Network's just-announced Internet-powered TV service, Sling TV--which lets you stream a variety of Disney and Turner Networks channels for $20 per month--is coming to Xbox One.

"Our vision at Xbox is to bring your games and entertainment together," Microsoft said in a post on the Xbox Wire." Important to that vision is our focus on partnering with television providers and content distributors to deliver rich, differentiated TV and video experiences."

The Xbox One will be the first console where Sling TV will be available, beating out competitors like the PlayStation 4 and Wii U. Microsoft will even offer Xbox Live members a one-month free trial of Sling TV when the service rolls out "in the coming weeks."

Sling TV, which requires no contract or extra hardware installation, features channels such as ESPN and ESPN 2, as well as TNT, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel.

For lots more on Sling TV and the way it could impact traditional cable providers, be sure to read GameSpot sister site CNET's in-depth coverage.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
This has worked out great for me!

I get my local ABC, CBS, CW, Fox, NBC through OTA antenna, then I get ESPN, ESPN2, A&E, AMC, TNT, TBS, Food, Travel, IMC, History, Lifetime, HGTV, and a few others for $20 per month.

This saves me over $100 per month in cable. My bill was $200 per month with internet and cable. Now my internet is $73.00 (100MB DL and 20MB UL) per month plus $20 for this service.   

Offline yqcxvwmw

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
seriosuly bro? just use netflix   :tup:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Seriously bro.... Netflix does not carry these network stations.

Good bye. Banned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal