Author Topic: I shorted out my trigger.  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Isuckatthis

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I shorted out my trigger.
« on: December 13, 2015, 05:17:16 PM »
So I successfully got my LT to work, and was super happy so I went to work on the right trigger.

Then some solder accidentally got on the C33 resistor.  No big deal right?  So I solder on the RT, and go to test.

RT is continuously firing.  Now I think I managed to mess up the trace between the to U10 solder point and the C33.

How can i fix this?  Can it be fixed?

How about if I just want to stop the trigger from working?

This pad is for a friend for Christmas, but I'm not about to go out and buy another pad to fix cause I've already sunk more money than I was prepared to.  So I would like to either I fix the trace and stop the short, or I just cut out the triggers entirely. 

Help?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: I shorted out my trigger.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »
One thing you should know about solder, is that it never 'accidentally' gets anywhere. ;)

C33 is a Capacitor, you need to remove any solder that is on there where it should not be first off, then test the controller and see how it's acting.

A solder bridge at C33 would kill the power to the RT Hall sensor, it would also kill the power to other things as well.

A solder bridge at C36 on the other hand would make the controller act like RT was pressed all the time, so check there if you have done any wiring around R39/C36 to make sure there is no short to ground.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:43:51 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Isuckatthis

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: I shorted out my trigger.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:44:43 PM »
Thanks for the response, I just circumvented the problem and did the "Trigger Fix" located at http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8591784/#Comment_8591784

Thanks for the help!  Pad works 100% now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal