Author Topic: DS4 not working  (Read 4817 times)

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
DS4 not working
« on: December 03, 2015, 04:53:41 AM »
Hi guys

I have a friend´s DS4 which the circle button didn´t work. As he couldn´t use it, we decided to open it and clean it. We did that because in PS3 controllers when we had problems with buttons we used to clean the flex and the part of the pcb where it goes.

Well, after clean the pcb and the flex (in the Ds4 controller) and close it, it doesn´t work but not only circle button, any button.

We have noticed when we plug the microUSB cable one of the chips of the pcb gets hot. Here is a pic of the chip:

Can I say the controller is dead? If I plug it the light works

I am using a PS3 to test it

Thanks in advance

Offline Dagaso

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DS4 not working
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
I have the same problem when I connect via USB is very hot and no load. I hope you can help.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 05:59:42 AM »
Nobody? :(

Offline LittleVikingGirl

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »
Dumb question, but are you sure you placed the ribbon cables in the right direction when you closed up the controller? The one on the top connecting the touch-pad to the circuit board is kind of impossible to put in wrong, but easy to forget and the one connecting the board to the USB port and the rear shell to the circuit bard is plugged in with the blue side to the right when the controller is face down on a desk, or lines to the left is how I remember it.
If you took off the battery to get into it there's also making sure that it was plugged back in all the way.
The flex boards are super sensitive to being misaligned. Maybe you've already done it, but going back through and triple checking that all was put back together right.

I've never tested my PS4/DS4 controllers with the PS3; I've always just used the Windows Game Controllers App.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:51:04 PM »
Hi guys

After two months waiting I have received a flex I ordered. I have replaced it and O button is working again

However the problem with micro usb cable (when I plug it controller gets hot ans turns off) is still present

Offline pangster

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 03:38:03 PM »
just for reference (I know it's an old post)...

if it gets hot in that area - it might be because the ribbon cable that goes to the touchpad is loose (not the end you disconnect from the mainboard when dismantling) - these have been known to come loose and cause heat issues..

with regards to buttons not working - a simple diagnostic is that if all buttons on the mainboard are working (just the physical buttons on the controller) - chances are it's an issue between the daughter board and the mainboard making proper contact (was also an issue with the DS3 and the fix is the same!).. on the DS4 there is a piece of compression foam tape that sits under the daughterboard contact strip - lift this up and either replace it (or pack it out!) - if you've done a mid frame replacement to fix broken R1/L1 triggers then none of the replacement mid frames come with foam in place - so either transfer it from your old board or replace it with something suitable

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal