Author Topic: Help please i did done messed up (xbox one led swap)  (Read 1763 times)

Offline JenkinsThePole

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Help please i did done messed up (xbox one led swap)
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »
I believe I burnt the trace off of the led pad (D19)  (I don't know my terms to well). Can someone tell me how to fix it and also if you could explain it like I'm 5 thatd be nice with no fancy terms.  :beg:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Help please i did done messed up (xbox one led swap)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
5 huh?? Ill try..

You broke the pad.
to fix the pad, scrape the black stuff from around the hole until you see gold, then run a wire from the LED to the small hole beside where the pad was.

that looks about right, I even believe I got the Grahammar at the correct age level.

Offline JenkinsThePole

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »
5 huh?? Ill try..

You broke the pad.
to fix the pad, scrape the black stuff from around the hole until you see gold, then run a wire from the LED to the small hole beside where the pad was.

that looks about right, I even believe I got the Grahammar at the correct age level.

Thanksthat clarified things for me so to be certain that I don't mess up I 1. Scrape of the black dot right of d19 2. Add solder to a piece of 30 awg 3. Add flux to the board where I'm soldering it 4. Solder it and clean 5.Solder in the led. And is a weller WLC100 with a 1/32 tip a good tool for this? Also do you have any tips for soldering that small like how hot it should be and what not? And finally is it ok if I put the led and wire directly where the pad used to be? Pardon the childish questions but I've gotta learn

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »
yes to all. except the iron which may be fine, I just dont have time to look up the specs. you want a low heat iron (15W) just hot enough to melt the solder.

Tips for soldering to small parts, patience, extra leds and I have a small set of spring closed pliers to hold things in place.

Offline JenkinsThePole

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 01:54:17 AM »
yes to all. except the iron which may be fine, I just dont have time to look up the specs. you want a low heat iron (15W) just hot enough to melt the solder.

Tips for soldering to small parts, patience, extra leds and I have a small set of spring closed pliers to hold things in place.

Thanks for the help but I somehow managed to burn the other pad off and now the controller won't turn on  :cry2: if you have the time can you now explained it like in super detail. And also does the controller need the led to function. The way I have it together now is there are two pieces of wire about 4mm long on both the sides of the LED and soldered in on a straight line ( o-[=]-o) kinda like that. At this point I just want my controller to work and I spent about 5 hours total messing with it and I went through like 10 LEDs  and it also won't start up with a cable either oh and also when I put the multimeter on the complete edge of each side the LED lights up
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:55:31 AM by JenkinsThePole »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal