Author Topic: PS4 ragnarok mod chip  (Read 6128 times)

Offline stevemontuno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS4 ragnarok mod chip
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »
i ordered a ragnarok modchip to have a go at modding my controller ,,its the latest flex ragnarok modchip,,,,just wondered if any of you guys have done the install too,,,?

i noticed there is a couple of ways to wire it up ,,one being the remap install and the other for the rapid fire mods and remap buttons,,

anyone know why the remap installation joins the S2 to ps4 options button,and the other way they join the ground,,,?

just wondering what difference it makes,,,im guessing maybe because the remap install doesn't have a mod switch,,,

anyways sorry if its a silly noob question ,,im just interested to hear if other folks have put this modchip in using all of the rapid fire mods and all 6 tac switches  as there is very little info on the net about this interesting modchip,,,,,, cheers

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: PS4 ragnarok mod chip
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:55:43 PM »
Never installed one personally, but what install manual are you going by? - http://www.viking360.com/downloads/ps4/ragnarok/Ragnarok-PS4-Installation-Instructions-11-6-2014.pdf

That one makes no mention of wiring up S2 to the Options button. Only that S1 and S2 can be used the same as TAC2, TAC3 and TAC4, they just do not have a ground pad designed onto the flex board is all like TAC2, TAC3 and TAC4 have, so the S1 and S2 Tacts have to have their other sides wired to Ground at some other spot.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline stevemontuno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:30:23 PM »
yep thats the install manual i came across first and the one i'll be using,,,,

the one that mentions the S2 wiring is the one on page 12 in this manual

http://www.yuze.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Remap-PS4-Installation-and-Use-Instructions-1-20-2015.pdf

just puzzled me a bit so was intrigued to know why,,

cheers for the reply btw.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:55:11 PM »
They're just using the Options button (S2) to enter/exit the remapping mode is all. I do a similar thing on the minM4pper as it's far faster than having to hold some Tact and button for several seconds to remap it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:55:40 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline stevemontuno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
do you recon that would be the best manual to use then?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
It's the most recent, so provided that chip is the most recent as well, then yes.

Offline stevemontuno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »
nice one for clearing that up for me mate you've been a big help,,and sorry if my questions were a bit obvious i just wanted to be sure before i started ,,,

thanks again dude,

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
No problem, and Welcome.

Offline stevemontuno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 02:55:16 AM »
Well my new controller finally arrived yesterday so i installed the ragnarok mod chip along with 5 re-mapp buttons and a mod switch to the back ,,

Took me around 5 hours from start to finish but im happy with the results,,,,,i just need to go back inside to position the wires a bit neater as it was a bit of a tight squeeze to fit it back together,,i'll sort that out when i do the battery upgrade though ,,

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 06:48:19 AM »
Great job! Controller looks really good. :hifive:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:49:31 AM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline stevemontuno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »
cheers mate.