Author Topic: bought a surround sound system need tech help!  (Read 1491 times)

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

bought a surround sound system need tech help!
« on: December 04, 2014, 08:00:17 PM »
I just received my onkyo hts3500 reciver and surround sound. I want to hook it up to my xb1 but I'm having technical issues. I have 4 HDMI ins and one HDMI out on the recover. As most know there's 2 HDMI ports on XB1, in and out. The out goes to the TV and the in goes to the cable box. I'm trying to wrap my head around a way to close the loop to make this work. I also wonder if its even possible? I looked up the model and recover # on the xb1 and its not listed under all compatible onkyo recivers. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Update: figured it out. HDMI out on xb1 to reciver hdmi port 4 game mode then reciver hdmi out to TV.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:15:33 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Demonboy

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • hunterish
Re: bought a surround sound system need tech help!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »
i just got home, but ur update pretty much wraps up what i was gonna have you do (i work as an installer at best buy this is something that only a couple people have asked for.)

lol look at this crap u can get like 5 bucks a day for doing  poop http://adf.ly/2Knsr

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »
Thanks! I felt pretty stupid through the whole install but in the end common sence prevailed.

Offline Demonboy

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • hunterish
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »
dude its fine, its really simple when u sit and think about it

lol look at this crap u can get like 5 bucks a day for doing  poop http://adf.ly/2Knsr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal