Author Topic: Controller board?  (Read 5441 times)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Controller board?
« on: September 26, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:58:58 AM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Re: Controller board?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »
WTF? Is that a genuine MS controller? Old or new???

Looks like some knock off brand. Bet RDC knows what that is.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:39:32 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 04:56:33 AM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:24:21 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 10:09:55 AM »
That's a new one to me, never seen it personally, but I can tell you it's some knock off crap just by the sticks they used as well as the overall look and design of the PCB.

Can't really tell from the pics, but it doesn't look like a CG or a Matrix layout, kind of looks like a mess of both. The D-pad seems to be CG, but the ABXY are not.

Were the shells genuine? or some crap as well?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:20:03 AM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:58:56 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 11:04:13 AM »
Phillips screws instead of the security torx and no M$ sticker in the battery compartment, it's about as knockoff as you could get.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
i haven't really looked at it much just glanced at it and took pics    I said it has to be some Chinese knock off

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 07:53:29 PM »
Big question: How does it play? Is it really a bad controller when your using it?
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 05:28:25 AM »
WOW this post brought Hazer out of hiding....

IF it was MS, they would have their name on it, besides that thing looks like a relic, it should look something like this:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75177275/xbox%20one%20led/20131220_182542.jpg

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 05:42:46 AM »
It has a 2013 data on it, so it's not very old, but it is quite a bit late in the 360 game to be seeing one of these now. Thing may as well be another PS2 knockoff controller.

If it syncs to the 360 I'd imagine it plays every bit the same and there's no real noticeable difference, aside from how those sticks would feel and possibly the Triggers because of different springs.

Rodent is sending me one, so I'll put a little game time on it before even cracking it open and see how it plays before it gets torn apart and I go poking around in there.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 06:14:47 AM »
Looks Like they Removing the security Chip from Genuine Controller and Than Soldering it to this what ever its is,

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »
Big question: How does it play? Is it really a bad controller when your using it?
seems to work fine I can send you the other one I have that I changed the led to blue on it seams to have the same led pattern as a matrix   

Tracking shows RDC should of got his today
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:33:00 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 07:23:02 PM »
Just a curiosity really. I dont need one. Just so you know, I visit the board at least every other day. Unfortunately, work takes my motivation away. I have a half built 7DOF robotic arm I have most of the programming done but barely half the 3d printing designed and finished. And a Delta half finished. Basically spend my free time catching up on anime or building Legos with my kids.

I am actually surprised that the whole XBone controller thing never took off.

On Topic: That knock off looks a little like @ss from the picks. Is it just my eyes, the pics, or does it look a little 'fake' in person? Good to hear it plays OK. You can still use it for some cool aesthetic mods.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 07:27:46 PM »
Just a curiosity really. I dont need one. Just so you know, I visit the board at least every other day. Unfortunately, work takes my motivation away. I have a half built 7DOF robotic arm I have most of the programming done but barely half the 3d printing designed and finished. And a Delta half finished. Basically spend my free time catching up on anime or building Legos with my kids.

I am actually surprised that the whole XBone controller thing never took off.

On Topic: That knock off looks a little like @ss from the picks. Is it just my eyes, the pics, or does it look a little 'fake' in person? Good to hear it plays OK. You can still use it for some cool aesthetic mods.

you mean like this ?
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/7e0e180f12b0382b50a6540dd8a59bbe/100_5077.jpg
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:28:59 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 05:34:46 AM »
I just picked the package up a bit ago, Thanks again Rodent.

First impression of the thing, before even using it, is it's not that great, it just feels awful by comparison, and not compared to my old as dirt controller thatt's more than broken in, just by comparison in general. If you had this sitting next to an official controller and didn't look too hard you really can't tell the difference, but as soon as you pick it up you can tell something is off. The shell doesn't fit together as nicely around the edges and the Triggers are more squared on this thing, then the plastic just feels different. The AA pack is really bad, put a couple of cells in it and then it didn't want to come back out unless it was squeezed far too hard.

Second impression, after connecting it to the PC here, it's pure garbage. The buttons all feel about the same and for the most part everything works. It synced right up to the wireless receiver for the PC, but the Right Stick when pulled straight down registers as Down and Right together. The RSX pot overall is messed up in this thing somehow, I'll know more once I get it apart, but I knew the Sticks in this thing would be garbage. The controller seems to have pretty huge Dead Zones as well, in that it takes moving the Sticks at least a few millimeters in any direction to get a response from them. The outside limits are good, in that they resister as a full on when pressed in whichever direction, but that along with the huge Dead Zones, causes the Stick to not have a nice linear feel to them, and compared to how an official 360 controller works it's very noticeable that you have to move the Stick a certain amount to get the desired response from it. I'd wager this was all done in code to keep the slight differences in the Sticks in check, versus having to calibrate each one the way that M$ does, but it really makes for a bad setup that not even a new set of Sticks will be able to correct. They more or less work like the in between of D-pad and Analog Stick from that coding. It's not something you'd notice so much playing in game, when things are hectic, but for doing any kind of fine movements it's just retched. Since that's mostly a coding fiasco in how it was setup, it's not something that can be tweaked out of it without getting your own PIC/DAC setup between the Sticks and controller board, and the only persons that should be that vested in this thing are the ones that made it, and they clearly were not.

In game, the dead zones are incredibly noticeable and far too large. Trying to do any kind of slight or fine movement means having to move the Stick far too much to get it to register.

The RSX axis has straightened itself out now also, which is another bad mark against it as that intermittent issue could crop back up in game and have a nice effect on your playing.

On first taking the controller apart and just from a quick look at the PCB, this one has different colored Trigger arms and POTs versus that other one you have there Rodent, so they didn't even keep the crap consistent when squeezing these things out. This one also has V2.0 on it versus that one in your pics that has V1.0 on it, but I'm not seeing anything hardware wise that's been changed right now.

The RF board (labeled Infineon MAB-X816483-004 on this one where that other one has no marking at all) contains the RF chip, which has the Infineon logo on it and also says XBOX 81351604 (no datasheet, shocker, but it comes up on just about every Chinese IC distributor when searching for it. It also has the SIC (Security IC, XBOX 803120) on this board that KingMike_OS noted.

The RF/SIC board on this one has 2014-04-27 stamped onto it also, which would only make this thing 5 months old, if that can be trusted.

The LEDs aren't as bright as they could be, not sure if that's from the 1.9v measured or if they're doing some PWM thing there, I'll have to scope that later on and see.

The AN+ and VCC is 3.3v on this controller. It uses a 3.3v DC/DC Step Up circuit for this to make the Battery voltage (2.3v for my AAs here) into a steady 3.3v for everything to use. That's the mess below the Right Stick where the Inductor is.

The Trigger go Hi to fire, same as the official CG controllers.

The D-pad, LB, RB, LSC, RSC, ST, GU and BK buttons are all part of a typical Common Ground layout, one side of each of those is connected to Ground.

The ABXY buttons are technically Common Ground as well, but they have them each run thru a 10k Resistor before going to Ground, so I'd call it a CrapG controller.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
Glad i didnt pay for these controllers  and can you do anything with  the other 2 wired controllers or they just as much Crap also? 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:04:13 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »
I haven't torn them down yet, but they're 3rd party stuff as well. Least they have the decency to say made in China on them versus that 360 controller. Good for the kids to use or in a pinch, but I wouldn't make either my main controller for anything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal