Author Topic: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans  (Read 339870 times)

Offline kempie1234

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »
Thanx for the reply!

It works great with the new 150k 0402 resistor!

Thnx!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2017, 02:37:24 PM »
Welcome.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline saboteur_vn

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2017, 02:51:08 AM »
In the left circle, the 2 vertical components are Resistors, 10k, 0402. The horizontal one is also a Resistor, 0ohm, 0603.

In the right circle, the top component is an NPN Transistor, marking is KKB and you'll have to hunt for it. The bottom one is a Resistor, 1M, 0402.

Hi everybody. I have the same trouble(right circle) - losed this npn transistor(pcb is jdm-001). But i cant find any "KKB" smd transistor  :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: (i founde only XC9235C2BDM - dc-dc converter KKB marking,but it 5 pins - wrong way)

Guys,maybe somebody knows what transistor should i order for replacement this ?  :help:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:12:03 AM by saboteur_vn »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2017, 04:35:53 AM »
It's just a general purpose NPN for turning on one of the 3 LEDs for the Light bar. The other 2 are on the other side of the board in roughly the same location.

It's the SC70 or SOT323 package, and the pinout is 1 - Base, 2 - Emitter, 3 - Collector. Pretty much anything would work in there as it's just a switch, so the PMSS3904 or BC847 or really any of a huge number of NPN would work fine.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline ucsd8121

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
Hi guys,

Total newb here trying to put the guts of DS4 into my Madcatz TE2+ to make it wireless...  I read over all of the posts on this thread, but I am still confused. 

My DS4 PCB is JDM-040.  I'm still confused about the wiring for L2 and R2 buttons.  So how does the wiring go in order to make those button functional?  My understanding is from 3.2v connect 10k resistor then wire that to L2 which then gets wired to one of the leads on the button, then 2L which gets wired to the other lead for the button for L2? 

so from DS4 PCB, lead for 3.2v --> wire --> 10K resistor --> wire --> L2 on PCB  --> wire --> L2 button lead, and then other L2 button lead --> wire --> 2L on PCB.  Is this correct?

Any help will be so much appreciated.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2017, 12:34:59 AM »
Depends what you're definition of functional is. Those buttons are Analog, but if all you want is for them to be is Digital (on/off) like an arcade stick button, then just wire them up how you're thinking they go there, as that is correct.

3.2v--(10k)--L2

L2---New L2 button (one side)
2L---New L2 button (other side)

Then just repeat the same thing with another 10k and R2/2R for the new R2 button.

Also remember that L1, R1, L3 and R3 all use 3.2v as the Common. All other buttons use Ground for the Common.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:43:54 AM by RDC »

Offline saboteur_vn

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:05 AM »
It's just a general purpose NPN for turning on one of the 3 LEDs for the Light bar. The other 2 are on the other side of the board in roughly the same location.

It's the SC70 or SOT323 package, and the pinout is 1 - Base, 2 - Emitter, 3 - Collector. Pretty much anything would work in there as it's just a switch, so the PMSS3904 or BC847 or really any of a huge number of NPN would work fine.

Great. Thank you veery much. Yes, leds work then i turn  on or charge the pad. Maybe not all colors are work - Orange wotking. Blue (and white) - are not,
it seems.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2017, 07:48:05 AM »
Yep, that one is for the Blue LED in there, so any color needing Blue would not work, so Blue, White, Violet, etc.

Offline turnkey

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2017, 07:32:09 AM »
Does anyone make a remap board that has the 2R / 2L for the JDM-001?

Offline Zero-X

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2017, 09:24:09 AM »
Hello everybody,

My problem is that my "options" button is not working.
When i opened the controller i could see a white thing around the button on the electronic plate, like "powder".
I cleaned it up, but i cannot see what is wrong.
Can someone tell me what happened here?

It is the JDM-011 version.

Sorry for my english, i am from germany.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:48:47 AM by Zero-X »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2017, 05:58:45 PM »
That powder was probably just left over from the board when it was cleaned and does not hurt anything, unless you spilled something on it?

Does the button still click when it it pressed? If not, then it is probably bad. They can wear out or fail early and still click though. That is the first and easiest place to start, either replace it or use a DMM and see if it is working correctly.

Offline Zero-X

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2017, 12:48:01 AM »
Thank you for your answer.

Yes, the button does click when pressed.
I yoused a dmm, between this two points, and pressed the button and it still works.
It seems that the button himself is working, but the signal is anywhere interrupted.

Thank you in Advance.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2017, 01:10:23 AM »
You can trace it out and see if there is a break, but then it goes right under MCU where you can not really check that connection. If the trace is good, then either the BGA solder joint at the MCU is bad or the MCU is bad.

Offline Zero-X

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2017, 01:38:10 AM »
Thank you, i will check it later.

1.Is the white marked line that trace i have to check?
2.Do you know if there is a resistor or anything else between the button and MCU?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:48:13 AM by Zero-X »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2017, 01:44:16 AM »
Yes

Offline marsel

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2017, 06:42:38 PM »
Hi guys, can someone help me? sorry if my question not correctly about modding but i have problem with my ds4 JDM-011. right stick always to the lower left if playing game.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »
Well for starters, that's a pic of the bottom of where the Left stick goes, so if you do have an issue with the Right one that's not going to be of much help. If the issue is with that Left stick, then there are either shorts, messed up traces or pulled plating in some of the holes there. No way to tell from that pic exactly what the issue is as it's too blurry.

Offline marsel

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2017, 12:22:22 AM »
Well for starters, that's a pic of the bottom of where the Left stick goes, so if you do have an issue with the Right one that's not going to be of much help. If the issue is with that Left stick, then there are either shorts, messed up traces or pulled plating in some of the holes there. No way to tell from that pic exactly what the issue is as it's too blurry.
sry its new foto, i had change my analog ds4 but no diffrent. i try to peel the line for check if there is a break but i am confused now to fix it. sry my english is bad, i used translate google

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »
You'll need a meter to find the break or short. Both sticks should measure pretty much the same, so you can use the other one for comparison.

Offline JungleThing

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
Hey im wondering if you could or if someone could upload a zoomed in picture of the jdm 040 circuit board.  I'm trying to see what components are on the left side next to the left joysticks. I say this because I think I'm missing that piece.  Not sure what the component is or what size but I'm thinking it's a diode.  So if you all could please assist me with locating that part then I can modify my circuit board as well. Thank you all if you can assist.
Also I can show you a picture of what I'm missing.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:29:38 PM by JungleThing »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »
It's a diode for the rumble motor. Cathode side is denoted by the round mark there. The same circuit is on the right side of the board for the other motor.

Offline A_Seldom_User

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2017, 11:49:44 AM »
I'm a noob at this but want to attach a ESP32 to my JDM-040. The goal is to use GPIO pin from the ESP32 to control L2/R2 trigger, for best I want to use PWM (the ESP32 supports PWM@5MHz, so it will be just fine with a small capacitor). But I'm confused about how the triggers work.
So far, I got that
3.2v-----10K Ohm----L2 pin----a Variable resistor that gets low resist when press the trigger (I guess) ----2L pin.
I have detached the original bottom flex and used a led to test some voltage on those pins.
I could read a relative high voltage on 2L and R2 pins (in RDC's pic, reply #95) refer to GND. (So, I have a different JDM-040 sub series or the pic was miss labeled.) I couldn’t tell whether the brightness was between 2L--LED--GND and 3.2v--LED--GND. But I still can get a quiet low brightness when doing 3.2v--(+)LED(-)--2L and 3.2v--(+)LED(-)--R2.
Aside from this, I got an ultra-low lumen when comparing action/DPAD button with GND, but it was darker than everything, I guess there is a quite large pull up resistor there.
As I don’t have something that can easily determine voltage or resistance, I have difficulty understanding how them work.
I have found that L2 pin seems doesn’t have any currents when connected to 3.2v or GND. And when the button flex was removed and no 10k resistors, I could see a little value on both analog triggers and noise when I move the joystick. I tried to use a resistor to connect L2 to 3.3v, the trigger seems to be fully released and when L2 is connected to 2L or GND, the trigger shows being fully pressed. These seems like that the L2 pin is connected to an ADC and 3.2v-L2-2L is a voltage divider, but why not 2L=GND, or it isn't a voltage divider?
Is there any way that I can just use voltage to control the two analog triggers?
Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:40:07 PM by A_Seldom_User »

Offline pinha10

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
Hi everybody, Im working on a JM-040 and found a "short" between +5v and GND on flex header (in the pcb)

I found some caps in short too (about 3) I just desoldered all of them but the short's still in there.

Can you help me to identify the correct IC who controls the power supply for usb please?

Thanks.

Offline amr1286

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »
Hi, I recently started a project requiring a ds4 padhack. My first attempt was somewhat successful using a jdm-001. I ruined one of the traces, so I decided to take another shot at it with a jdm030 board.

I was having issues powering on the controller (too much power on pc/too many usb on ps4 messages) before I realized I was using the incorrect micro usb board. I was using a JDS-040 instead of a JDS-030. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I wanted to ask those more familiar with it. Would using the wrong one cause such issues or do you think there is an underlying issue or short on the main board.

Was hoping to hear some opinions before I start buying new boards.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »
@pinha10 - If you have a short from 5v to GND in one spot, you're going to have it everywhere you check on the 5v rail.  Until you start removing things to find out what is actually shorted it's hard to tell what it could be.

@arm1286 - The JDS-030 and JDS-040 have the same size cable, but they have very different pinouts, so you'd for sure have issues interchanging them.

JDS-030

1   - GND
2   - D+
3   - D-
4   - GND
5   - 5v
6   - 5v
7   - GND
8   - LED+
9   - GREEN-
10 - RED-
11 - BLUE=
12 - GND

JDS-040 and JDS-050 and JDS-055 (NOTE: The JDS-040 can be used in place of the JDS-050 and JDS-055, but the connector is on the opposite side so plugging the cable in is a little trickier. The JDS-050 and JDS-055 are the same)

1   - GND
2   - GND
3   - D+
4   - D-
5   - GND
6   - GND
7   - GREEN-
8   - RED-
9   - BLUE-
10 - LED+
11 - 5v
12 - 5v

The JDS-011 and earlier have a 14 pin connector
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:34:40 PM by RDC »

Offline amr1286

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
Thanks, that is what I suspected. I am kind of glad to hear that because I thought I nailed the soldering this time around. I wasn't really looking forward to repeating that...

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2017, 11:52:22 PM »
Welcome.

Offline psychodracon

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2018, 05:04:44 AM »
Hi all, i started to working on my home project, and i have some questions.
1. Why i can`t use solder points marked with green rectangle?

I`ve read that pad buttons will stop working, ok, but if i desolder those points will it back to normal?

2. If i don`t desolder analog sticks do i need to solder 10k resistor between pin 3/4 and 17/18?
3. Is 3.3V safe for pins.

Thank You for help!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2018, 05:36:47 AM »
1 - Who said you can't use them?

It all depends on what you are using the controller board for. If you plan to keep the controller complete, then no you can't use them as it will ruin the connection to the daughter board, that thing plastic flex wiht the button contacts.

If you are making an arcade stick or some other project were only the controller board is needed, then yes you can use those spots for button connections after you scrape away the black carbon coating on them and expose the copper under there.

2 - The sticks have nothing to do with needing the 10k Resistors there, they are to take the place of the ones that are on the daughter board when it is removed. If you remove the sticks, then you need to put Resistors in place of the Sticks, so the controller 'thinks' they are still on there and in the center position. The Resistors between 3/4 and 17/18 are needed because the daughter board is missing.

3 - The PS4 controller uses 3.2v for it's main power supply voltage, so it could interface with a 3.3v system.

Offline psychodracon

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2018, 05:57:38 AM »
Thank You very much for fast reponse, everything is much clearer right know.

1. I`m planing to create device similar to arcade stick but with some additional features, I`m just wondering if I decide to abandon project and i want to put controller back to orginal shape will it work wihout black carbon coating on pins?

2. Didn`t know thank You for guidance.

3. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal