Author Topic: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans  (Read 71647 times)

Offline kempie1234

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »
Thanx for the reply!

It works great with the new 150k 0402 resistor!

Thnx!

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2017, 02:37:24 PM »
Welcome.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline saboteur_vn

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2017, 02:51:08 AM »
In the left circle, the 2 vertical components are Resistors, 10k, 0402. The horizontal one is also a Resistor, 0ohm, 0603.

In the right circle, the top component is an NPN Transistor, marking is KKB and you'll have to hunt for it. The bottom one is a Resistor, 1M, 0402.

Hi everybody. I have the same trouble(right circle) - losed this npn transistor(pcb is jdm-001). But i cant find any "KKB" smd transistor  :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: (i founde only XC9235C2BDM - dc-dc converter KKB marking,but it 5 pins - wrong way)

Guys,maybe somebody knows what transistor should i order for replacement this ?  :help:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:12:03 AM by saboteur_vn »

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2017, 04:35:53 AM »
It's just a general purpose NPN for turning on one of the 3 LEDs for the Light bar. The other 2 are on the other side of the board in roughly the same location.

It's the SC70 or SOT323 package, and the pinout is 1 - Base, 2 - Emitter, 3 - Collector. Pretty much anything would work in there as it's just a switch, so the PMSS3904 or BC847 or really any of a huge number of NPN would work fine.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline ucsd8121

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
Hi guys,

Total newb here trying to put the guts of DS4 into my Madcatz TE2+ to make it wireless...  I read over all of the posts on this thread, but I am still confused. 

My DS4 PCB is JDM-040.  I'm still confused about the wiring for L2 and R2 buttons.  So how does the wiring go in order to make those button functional?  My understanding is from 3.2v connect 10k resistor then wire that to L2 which then gets wired to one of the leads on the button, then 2L which gets wired to the other lead for the button for L2? 

so from DS4 PCB, lead for 3.2v --> wire --> 10K resistor --> wire --> L2 on PCB  --> wire --> L2 button lead, and then other L2 button lead --> wire --> 2L on PCB.  Is this correct?

Any help will be so much appreciated.

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2017, 12:34:59 AM »
Depends what you're definition of functional is. Those buttons are Analog, but if all you want is for them to be is Digital (on/off) like an arcade stick button, then just wire them up how you're thinking they go there, as that is correct.

3.2v--(10k)--L2

L2---New L2 button (one side)
2L---New L2 button (other side)

Then just repeat the same thing with another 10k and R2/2R for the new R2 button.

Also remember that L1, R1, L3 and R3 all use 3.2v as the Common. All other buttons use Ground for the Common.

Offline saboteur_vn

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:05 AM »
It's just a general purpose NPN for turning on one of the 3 LEDs for the Light bar. The other 2 are on the other side of the board in roughly the same location.

It's the SC70 or SOT323 package, and the pinout is 1 - Base, 2 - Emitter, 3 - Collector. Pretty much anything would work in there as it's just a switch, so the PMSS3904 or BC847 or really any of a huge number of NPN would work fine.

Great. Thank you veery much. Yes, leds work then i turn  on or charge the pad. Maybe not all colors are work - Orange wotking. Blue (and white) - are not,
it seems.

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2017, 07:48:05 AM »
Yep, that one is for the Blue LED in there, so any color needing Blue would not work, so Blue, White, Violet, etc.

Offline turnkey

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #98 on: Today at 07:32:09 AM »
Does anyone make a remap board that has the 2R / 2L for the JDM-001?