Author Topic: DualSense 5 Controller PCB Scans  (Read 74297 times)

Offline Manavie

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualSense 5 Controller PCB Scans
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2024, 09:54:28 PM »
I see,
I'll look into the IOVDD pins some more. To clarify writing a 1 to the VOLTAGE_SELECT register would make it use1.8v signal levels, which would fix the issue of sending 3.3v to the DS5 and frying it. The OLED screen (SSD1306) using says that Vdd for IC logic can be from 1.65V to 3.3V, and the Vcc for panel driving should be from 7V to 15V, but I believe that is regulated on the OLED screen module itself, so I think the OLED screen could still work?
Another thing is that, when I just put a voltage divider down to 1.8v to the buttons, they seem to work fine on the OLED? Although this requires a divider for every button lol. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not checking for a "high" input for the logic on my screen, I'm rlly just drawing a bunch of circles as it's default state and then filling them in if the button is set to LOW.

Looking online, it seems there could be some trouble trying to supply with 1.8v due to how the board is*, and that it would also mess up USB functionality according to the DS so I'd still need to give that a 3.3v supply, and I'm not too sure how to supply it to just that one pin. One suggestion that forum post recommends is to use level shifters, could that work? It'd keep the inputs to the DS5 at a 1.8v when not pressed but still 3.3v when going to the board.

*From raspberry pi forums
"Looking at the Raspberry Pi Pico schematics I see that it is possible to tie down 3V3_EN and drive an external, lower voltage on 3V3. unfortunately, according to the schematics, 3V3 is shorted to USB_VDD, that must be driven with 3.3v nominal.
Another option would be to disconnect IOVDD from the 3V3 signal, however, the RP2040 datasheet indicates that all the IOVDD pins must share the same voltage."

Offline Darkelf

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2024, 05:23:37 AM »
Hello, I have a similar problem. r1 remains pressed all the time. can you help me? (bord BDM020)

@ viewrush - If you mean the R2 is always pressed, then try removing this Capacitor first (bottom side of board) and retest.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 05:25:01 AM by Darkelf »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2024, 06:26:56 AM »
Top side of the board.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline SchwarzerAfri90

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2024, 07:58:16 PM »

Hey everyone. I have 2 questions for you regarding a BDM-030

Where is a good spot to take the RSY Signal (marked red) , cause the trace is broken right next to one of the stick anchor points. I could try to repair it, but it always end up shorting it to the hole.

And can i just bridge along the blue line to get power for RSX ?  Also, where is the original supply Point of that spot ? From the via next to it i cant find a valid spot
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:59:48 PM by SchwarzerAfri90 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2024, 05:08:09 AM »
That's 3 questions.

1. No easy spots for RSX (red) or RSY (blue). Either have to remove the solder mask on the trace somewhere and solder a wire there to run back to the RSX, or go back to the first via and do the same.

2. Yes

3. From an internal layer, which comes from the PMIC
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline SchwarzerAfri90

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2024, 12:31:55 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply. Indeed that were 3 questions  :laughing:

I will take the via then. Followed the traces last night but wasnt able to propely do anything due to lack of conentration.
A buddy gave me this one to install hall-effect sticks after the first 2 normal ones he replaced himself. Missing 2 vias already but luckily they were just ground.

But i messed up the signal trace myself while desoldering the hole next to it. I hope i can do it, cause i dont have a digital microscope and this is about half the size of an HDMI trace , which i did a few times now.
I have a half-decent soldering and hot air station, i think i can do this one.

Is there any chance to get some links for newer revisions into here or another pictures with more informations like the ones for the BDM-010 ?
Or where do you get all that information from ?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2024, 01:45:18 PM »
Is there any chance to get some links for newer revisions into here or another pictures with more informations like the ones for the BDM-010 ?
Or where do you get all that information from ?
Sure is, you can hit the New Topic or Reply button and post it. ;)

Any images or info that I post comes from when I run across a new version and have the time to work on it.

Offline Worf

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2024, 03:25:45 AM »
Hi. I see  V1 and V2 microphone flex, are they interchangeable?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal