Author Topic: DualSense 5 Controller PCB Scans  (Read 71457 times)

Offline Manavie

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualSense 5 Controller PCB Scans
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2024, 09:54:28 PM »
I see,
I'll look into the IOVDD pins some more. To clarify writing a 1 to the VOLTAGE_SELECT register would make it use1.8v signal levels, which would fix the issue of sending 3.3v to the DS5 and frying it. The OLED screen (SSD1306) using says that Vdd for IC logic can be from 1.65V to 3.3V, and the Vcc for panel driving should be from 7V to 15V, but I believe that is regulated on the OLED screen module itself, so I think the OLED screen could still work?
Another thing is that, when I just put a voltage divider down to 1.8v to the buttons, they seem to work fine on the OLED? Although this requires a divider for every button lol. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not checking for a "high" input for the logic on my screen, I'm rlly just drawing a bunch of circles as it's default state and then filling them in if the button is set to LOW.

Looking online, it seems there could be some trouble trying to supply with 1.8v due to how the board is*, and that it would also mess up USB functionality according to the DS so I'd still need to give that a 3.3v supply, and I'm not too sure how to supply it to just that one pin. One suggestion that forum post recommends is to use level shifters, could that work? It'd keep the inputs to the DS5 at a 1.8v when not pressed but still 3.3v when going to the board.

*From raspberry pi forums
"Looking at the Raspberry Pi Pico schematics I see that it is possible to tie down 3V3_EN and drive an external, lower voltage on 3V3. unfortunately, according to the schematics, 3V3 is shorted to USB_VDD, that must be driven with 3.3v nominal.
Another option would be to disconnect IOVDD from the 3V3 signal, however, the RP2040 datasheet indicates that all the IOVDD pins must share the same voltage."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal