Author Topic: PlayStation Network Down Due To Hacker Group’s DDoS Attacks  (Read 3740 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
PlayStation Network Down Due To Hacker Group’s DDoS Attacks
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:46:01 AM »
This was buried on the internet. Nobody wants to talk about this?

The PlayStation Network is currently offline due to a multitude of DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks brought on by hacker group, Lizard Squad. Users attempting to login to PSN receive the error code “NW-31456-9,” and the message, “Cannot connect to the server within the time limit.”

This is certainly not the first instance of Sony’s PlayStation Network being preyed upon by hackers and cyber-terrorists. In 2010, the PSN service fell victim to another hacker attack, and was out of commission for nearly a month. With so many PlayStation owners subscribed to and paying for PlayStation Plus, one would think Sony would have built up their defenses over the past 4 years.

The previously mentioned hacker group, Lizard Squad, has posted on Twitter that they are responsible for this attack, and that it is the first strike of many designed to put a definite end to Sony. They have also stated their reasoning behind the attack is, and I quote, “PC MASTER RACE.” You can view their official Twitter page here.

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/08/playstation-network-down-due-to-hacker-groups-ddos-attacks/#ixzz3CjQ9ujn3

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:46:45 AM by Modded Matt »

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
Re: PlayStation Network Down Due To Hacker Group’s DDoS Attacks
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:09:08 AM »
Well this isnt good means i cant play my games online if they continue this crap.  :confused:

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal