Author Topic: My XBOne MiniM4pper controller  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Dino

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
My XBOne MiniM4pper controller
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:58 AM »
Here is my first attempt at modding my XBOne controller, I done this a while ago but never got around to posting it:

MiniM4pper installed and connected to 4 tact switch paddles on the rear of the controller.  I mounted the outer switches directly under my middle finger placement and made some paddles out of 1mm lexan to give them some extra flex around the contours of the controller shell.  The rumbles are removed which means that there are no space issues for the tact switches in that location.

The MiniM4pper install wasn't as difficult as I was expecting for my first attempt (especially when I saw how small it actually is), I had to do a little fault finding with my amateur soldering, but got it all working in the end!

I purchased and fitted Scuf internal trigger stops/adjustable hair triggers and also the Pro grip handles for some extra ergonomics.  The handles are actually really comfortable!

The custom shell was bought from Morbidstix as my painting skills are less than legendary.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of my rats nest of wiring , I'll add one when I need to open it up again, which may be fairly soon as i'm having chat issues when a headset is connected!

I also chickened out of the LED replacement as I wasn't comfortable removing the old one without damaging the board.

Thanks to RDC for hooking me up with the MiniM4pper!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Re: My XBOne MiniM4pper controller
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »
I like the custom grip handles and grip tape controller back! I still got I minimapper tucked away for a rainy project! Great work. :tup:

Offline Dino

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »
The grip is sprayed onto the shell I got from Morbidstix, not sure what they use but you can get the whole shell and or buttons like that.  I'm guessing that it's just some type of textured paint, I'd rather it was a bit more rubbery to tell the truth but I couldn't find anything that would be durable enough to do it myself and still look ok.

I've got some polymorph that I'm going to play about with to try and make some real custom handles that actually fit to my hands.  I'm thinking that I'll be able to rubberise and make them grippy using some Sugru.  The Polymorph should allow me to make some nicer paddles for the outer tacts also.  I'll have a go when I get the time.

I'm already starting to wish that I'd got 2 MiniM4ppers so that i had on put aside for later!

Offline GrooveZoidberg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My dad totally owns a dealership.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:24:44 PM »
There are a bunch of different kinds of permanent  "grip" solutions.

http://www.scorpioncoatings.com/199program/

Expensive, but i'll bet its worth it.

Offline slx123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 04:37:50 AM »
Looks nice  :tup:

Did you make your own scuf paddles, and do the trigger stops interfere with driving games etc.?

Cheers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal