Author Topic: Very basic tactile switch based rapid fire (PIC based) (xbox360) hex  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Dynamis_dk

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 360 Modding Beginner...
Hello acidmods, I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a hex file to provide very basic rapidfire on a Xbox 360.

A friend asked me to help with some solder and repair work on a couple of pads which already have rapidfire and we have a spare pad but we can't seem to find anything basic enough on eBay. He would like single tactile button rapidfire with no bells and whistles so I had hoped to find something floating about but it seems everywhere I look there are newer hex files with fancy features.

There is one in the list of free codes which is nearly what I'm after but it has a 1000 use limitation.

Is anyone aware of anything older which I might be able to get for free?

I've got all the gear to program attiny based chips but would really like to use tried and tested rather then trying to developed from scratch myself.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Re: Very basic tactile switch based rapid fire (PIC based) (xbox360) hex
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »
I can't help u out  with any hex files but I dug up something I feel your looking for. Here's a link to the site http://www.maddogcontrollers.com

This is the only company I know of that sells rapid fire through tact switches instead of through the triggers. 20$ price tag is pretty steap but for your money and what your describing this should suite u well.

Or if u want 1 single tact setup I would use hazers rf hex file. Link https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,35802.0.html

This is a great rapiddire hex. Read the link I directed to u. It is basic and does everything u want in rapid fire.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:35:04 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Dynamis_dk

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
Thanks for the links,

the maddog website seems to be broken and won't allow me to place an order so that's maybe out the window.

I might look to get a few PIC chips to play with but I've done a little research on the internet on arduino based rapidfire setups so I might have a play with those as it seems simple to setup.

I'm surprised it wasn't really easy to find an older hex file online, I'm usually not bad at digging up stuff I need lol.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:57:26 AM »
The problem is that most of the old rapid fire chips you are thinking of no longer work correctly for newer games.

For a good free chip Flex is the way to go.

Offline Dynamis_dk

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:28:34 AM »
my friend is using these two old pads which both use tact switches and he's only found COD:WAW to be an issue in the games he plays so I was looking at simplier the better :)

I've picked up a pickit 3 and a couple chips to play with so I'm hoping to come across somewhere which has an older hex hosted still. Unfortunately my programming isn't at the level of being able to think about writing something from scratch :( Should someone with writing skills have a bit of time free, what kind of time would you be looking at to write something this simple?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:51:26 AM by Dynamis_dk »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal