Author Topic: project blk box  (Read 2472 times)

Offline modder420

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Acidmods User
project blk box
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:40:30 PM »
so i was cleaning out the shop and found a ton of old parts and scrap wood lying around so instead of throwing it all out i decided to build a all in one media center/retro game system useing just the stuff i had in the shop.i found a sony vio laptop with a broken screen and trashed keyboard.the computer itsself still worked when hooked to a monitor so i stripped it down to just the motherboard.it has 8 gigs of ram i5 processor wifi blutooth 1tb hdd.the plan is to build a settop box that runs xbmc steam and emulators the machine will boot right into xbmc by defualt and i will customize it to run the other apps from xbmc.so first thing i did was build a case for it out of the spare wood i found here are pics of what i done so far.

will have a update soon uploading more pics now

so i decided to do a wrap on the case inside and out.i wanted a hardcore gaming look for the case so i went with black Carbon Fiber Vinyl for the bottom of the case and a red reflective vinyl for the inside for the lid i did a dimond plate so far it looks awesome.i found 2 anti vandel switches lying around that will be perfect for this case test fitted them and they are badass they have a red led that lights up when on.i still have alot to do gonna add some case feet and do some sleving on the wires.gonna see what else i got lying in this pile of parts to add will have a update soon.

quick update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWHJwQpZ36Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR1-csG7D40

[mod]I removed 3 double post in your thread! In the future use the modify tab till you run out of posting space. If u exceed posting limits then u can post again under your original post.Unless someone replies to your thread, do not bump your post just use the modify tab, thanks.[/mod]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:52:39 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Re: project blk box
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
That's some bad @$$ work right there! Can't wait to see this puppy firing up some homebrew emulators! Great work, like the carbon fiber and diamond plating!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:03:07 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline modder420

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »
this will be my last update before i post the final build video and demo all there is left to do is program this thing but i think it came out pretty bad ass from just being a system  made from spare parts on no budget check out the final pics and please subscribe to my youtube channel for the video and more mods and tuts.... http://www.youtube.com/blkoutczw 

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
Wow that is pretty sick, looking forward to the vid.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline modder420

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:18:18 PM »
thanks guys should have all the programing done soon

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 07:32:14 PM »
I like the dressing on the wires man!

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline modder420

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
finished this custom media center made from a broken laptop came out awesome.please like and subscribe to my youtube page.will be doing a give away to one lucky subscriber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-NXItyENDo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal