Author Topic: Want to mod with basic knowledge. Where do I solder wires into ds lite?  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Ahzidahakah

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I have basic soldering knowledge and led knowledge as I've been studying for several weeks now, but I want to give modding my ds lite a try. Problem is I don't know where exactly to solder the wires onto the ds motherboard for power flow to the LEDs. In fact, I'd love to know how to figure this out for every game system if there's a specific way. Does anyone have any VERY detailed pictures or a video of how to do this. I don't mind destroying my ds. I just want to learn.

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
What size LEDs are you going to use and do you want them to be on all the time or sound reactive ?

Offline Ahzidahakah

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
What would you suggest for size?  Sound reactive would be incredible but I'm pretty novice at this stuff still so I'm not sure I could pull it off. I'd love to be able to do that, though. I've never done custom work before so this is a first time for me and I'm very uneducated about it all. I just can't find reading material on where to start.

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
Here some led sizes if your good at soldering I suggest 0603  if not 0804

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GU8Plc02cY8/UFz7Cx-pBwI/AAAAAAAACJs/CSXSECchMPU/s1600/ay58rb.jpeg

You could use this tutorial https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,14446.0.html

[mod]please Use the modify button so u Dont double post, thanks[/mod]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:41:29 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Ahzidahakah

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Oh, awesome. Where on the motherboard is the power supply to solder to? This is my main problem. I'm not familiar with the mobo and the points to solder to. I'd like to see a big pic of where exactly to do the soldering but I can't see or tell from the current pics. I'm not sure of where the fuse is coming from the battery.

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
Second link 3rd picture there is the speaker pins and the negative do you have the LEDs and are you connecting straight to speaker or are you using the  audio amp

Offline Ahzidahakah

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I see the picture. It's just really tiny and im not sure exactly where the solder points are on the board or what they look like. I don't have the LEDs yet, I'm ordering them, and I wanted to connect them to the sound chip if possible. But I'd be fine even without it.

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
If you haven't ordered them I have some blue 0603 LEDs and the audio chip I could solder them for you and the chip and resistor all you'll have to do is solder them on your nds or to make it easier connect them straight to the speakers without chip. I'm in California

Offline Ahzidahakah

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
That'd be nice but the issue is connecting everything to the board, not the amp or resistor to the LEDs. I just don't know where on the board to solder the wires.

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
Ok second link 3rd picture under the right shoulder button the red pin is for right speaker the blue one is for he left speaker and ground you could use anywhere on the board or use the black pin in the middle

Offline Ahzidahakah

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I honestly can't tell what's going on in the picture because it's so small. That's why I'm trying to figure out where the power points are on the motherboard. That's literally all I need to know. Even if I could figure it out on my own, I would. I just don't know how.

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
Maybe someone will install them for you if you pay the if you need the audio amp and LEDs I have some pm if you ever need some

Offline Ahzidahakah

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I know, it's just I want to learn how to do it myself. All I need is a better picture, lol. I can solder and install things on my own. Thanks, though.

Offline mario_99

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +5/-3
  • Acidmods User
That's a pretty good picture  just zoom in

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal