Author Topic: PSP 1000 really really need suggestion  (Read 4607 times)

Offline lebron_josh

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP 1000 really really need suggestion
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:53 AM »
My psp just won't turn on, after checking the battery and charger (which is still good) i try to open and found out there are missing part in my psp (more accurately its broken part, and i don't know how is it broken). The thing is, I want to use usb to charge, but as you can see in the picture i can't do it since the white part where i supposed to soldering. And i need any suggestion i you can give about handling this.

p.s no "buy a new one" suggestion please :victory:
this is my psp 1000 mobo, as you can see the white box where i supposed to solder is missing (broken)

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: PSP 1000 really really need suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:50:22 AM »
Maybe you donĀ“t have the white pice but you have the contacts. If you have the contacts you can do the usb charge mod. I posted something similar:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=38616.0

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:25:59 AM »
Right^^^ to clarify, you need to do the USB charge mod and solder to the left pad (V+) the right pad is ground. you can also restore the normal charging port by removing the white plug and soldering the wires directly to the points also.  The usb charge is very slow. It may take all day to charge.

Also, I find it very funny when I read these posts and people say.... "I opened it and its broken" When you clearly damaged it. Why not just say " I made a mistake and need help"

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
Well matt to be fair it is possible he purchased this off of ebay or something and got it broken as he is saying.

But the method rafaliyo86 mentioned would work but i would suggest just soldering wires from the contact points to the original charge port as Modded Matt suggested.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline Demonboy

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • hunterish
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:59:43 PM »
mat could u not use a 2 amp or even a 3 amp charging brick to decrease the charge time? i use a 3 amp charger on my tablet and it takes a little under 20 minutes to charge it to 100%

lol look at this crap u can get like 5 bucks a day for doing  poop http://adf.ly/2Knsr

Offline lebron_josh

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 01:33:10 AM »
Also, I find it very funny when I read these posts and people say.... "I opened it and its broken" When you clearly damaged it. Why not just say " I made a mistake and need help"

First of all why i said it is broken.,cuz about a year ago i do analog mod (solder wire directly from analog to mobo) so i know it wasnt broke before and everything perfectyl intact. and just like Crumbz said i bought this psp by second hand, so i didnt exactly know if this psp is refurb or God knows what happen to this psp before :dntknw:.

about "soldering wires from the contact points to the original charge port" it seem doesnt work at all, been trying again and again (before i know about usb charge mod) and none happened. Just last night i try the usb charge mod ,and it seems doesnt working too, i think its probably no hope now :cry2:

Oh and btw, if i change the mobo will my psp turn on (just in case any of you have ever try), cuz i see some website sellling psp mobo.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:35:08 AM by lebron_josh »

Offline Demonboy

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • hunterish
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 10:30:12 AM »
yes you can change the mobo no problem all your parts are plug and play capable and will work.... as for the usb charge.... try turning on the software option for it

lol look at this crap u can get like 5 bucks a day for doing  poop http://adf.ly/2Knsr

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 07:05:59 PM »
yes you can change the mobo no problem all your parts are plug and play capable and will work.... as for the usb charge.... try turning on the software option for it

WELL... for one in the first post he said it wouldnt turn on... so might be a bit tricky to change the software option to on now.

But make sure you are connecting the proper polarities to the right sides of the usb an that you are not crossing any pins on the usb port.

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 03:25:13 AM »
"yes you can change the mobo no problem all your parts are plug and play capable and will work...."

although the wifi board may not work straight away, you'll need to download and run this http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/wifi-mac-address-fixer.html

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline lebron_josh

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 08:09:11 AM »
ahhh i'm feeling soooo nervous about buying mobo :whoosh: (will this works..,will this gonna work :beg: )
btw any of you got recommendation sites that selling mobo? 'cuz the sites that i was going to buy from just sending me email that they don't do shipment to my country due some customs issues.
and one more thing mate' what about the firmware? Am i gonna have an OFW again? cuz before my psp already have CFW installed
Really appreciate you guys answering my  question :yess:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:35:30 AM by lebron_josh »

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 11:06:11 AM »
what country are you in? To clarify yes it will work and no you won't have CFW. You will have to instal it again. I usually buy them off ebay

Offline lebron_josh

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »
I'm in Indonesia. I did contact the seller, and they agree to open transaction to Indonesia, but the cost of the shipment and VAT is ridiculous (the seller is in New Jersey). I did try to find other seller (from china) in ebay, but none of them selling psp mobo. So could you give me the shop you usually buy from? the link to the shop will be awesome

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »
ok. well if getting the PSP working is your main goal right now why not just solder the wires from the yellow charge plug to the solder points where the white piece is missing? that should fix your charging issue. and once you have that done take a strip of de-soldering braid if you have any and carefully remove any access solder from the USB port.

Then remember that USB is arranged as such ( + / Data / Data / - / Dead ) in that order. So follow this diagram for USB Charging:

The other end is soldered to the Capacitor shown in the image. Or if you prefer just solder it to the contact on the right as shown below.

- Crumbz
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:10:37 PM by Crumbz »

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »
I usually just get them off ebay, maybe try looking for a cheap psp instead of a mobo by itself. Might be cheaper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal