Author Topic: EVIL CONTROLLERS TO TRADEMARK TERM "RAPID FIRE" AND MORE.... READ  (Read 3311 times)

Offline GrooveZoidberg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My dad totally owns a dealership.
received this email from the dudes over at Controller Chaos today... Pretty damn important, we need your help.  Read below... i'll keep yall in the loop.

READ:

Hello Modding Companies,

This is an email to inform all the mod shops that our friends over at Evil Controllers are trying to be very evil to the modding industry. If you're not aware Evil Controllers has recently been in action with the USPTO.gov in regards to trademarking the term "Rapid Fire".

As most of you know we all use this term very regularly on our websites. If they are granted the trademark we are all in the line of fire to be asked to remove the term "Rapid Fire" from our websites. If the mark is not removed it could be taken to litigation by Evil Controllers should they choose to pursue it. If the court finds the defendant guilty of the claim you could be held accountable for any and all damages to Evil Controllers.

Evil Controllers is taking a very shady approach to become the top seller of modded controllers. Trademarking terms like jitter, drop shot, rapid fire, master mod, mod, ring of light, and fast reload.

All these terms are generic terms and they have no right to owning them. Evil Controllers was not the first in commerce to use these terms as they claim. Now they are trying to stiff arm other companies out of business by trademarking terms that truly don't belong to anyone.

If you would like to help stop them from obtaining the mark "rapid fire" we all can band together and file a opposition/cancellation with the USPTO. By doing this we can settle the matter by allowing all included parties concurrent use of the mark "rapid fire". If your interested in banding together please reply to this email and let me know. Once we know which parties are interested we can then assess the next step to move forward with this process.

If your not interested in working together there is no pressure. We still wanted to share this information with all the other companies because we feel it is a very unfair tactic that Evil Controllers is trying to use.  If your interested in talking with your attorney about this situation please feel free to do so and any information you find out can help us all beat them!     

USPTO Trademark Link: Rapid Fire

Best Regards, 
Controller Chaos Team

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: EVIL CONTROLLERS TO TRADEMARK TERM "RAPID FIRE" AND MORE.... READ
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 05:10:42 PM »
what the heck!!! hope this is not true.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
All it takes is money. And Evil controllers has that. It will take just as much money to oppose the trademark even if the claim is obviously false. Someone would still have to step up to the plate with thier own litigation expense and oppose the trademark.

Lets be clear about this: Only other rapidfire marketing companies would be held accountable. Not open-source websites or rookie basement Ebay sellers. So yes, Chaos controllers has a real problem. I would think Viking would fall in the same boat. Acidmods forums would not.

Its a shame that commerce has reached the point where money can buy legality, rather than evidence and ethics. But there you have it.

Maybe now would be a good time to open-source a modification that would eclipse the 'Mastermod'.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 05:32:49 AM »

Maybe now would be a good time to open-source a modification that would eclipse the 'Mastermod'.

DO it!!! I dare you...

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »
sorry master mod was taken it was use in Raptor fire Project 3 years ago , also jitter was done here in acidmods first ,acidmods had the first Jitter DYI kits on the market  same as Sleeper mod using the SYNC  , forgot acidmods was the first one Wii rapidfire , and button relocation , project splitfire,was the first one no Modchip Rapidfire , first opensource list goes on , so this goes out to all the companys out there trying trade mark BS Generic Phrase we have the Youtube Proof , and news site showing date and time when we did it first , and if gets out the hand will stand for is what is ours.

it such BS and Generic Phrase they just wasting there money and trying to get attention

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:45:48 AM by KingMike_OS »

Offline GrooveZoidberg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My dad totally owns a dealership.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
sorry master mod was taken it was use in Raptor fire Project 3 years ago , also jitter was done here in acidmods first ,acidmods had the first Jitter DYI kits on the market  same as Sleeper mod using the SYNC  , forgot acidmods was the first one Wii rapidfire , and button relocation , project splitfire,was the first one no Modchip Rapidfire , first opensource list goes on , so this goes out to all the companys out there trying trade mark BS Generic Phrase we have the Youtube Proof , and news site showing date and time when we did it first , and if gets out the hand will stand for is what is ours.

it such BS and Generic Phrase they just wasting there money and trying to get attention

If that could be provided? Any amount of evidence will help stop nonsense like this. DM me with links of you have the time?

Thanks for ur input everyone.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 01:57:31 AM »
Does this only hold in the US?
Either way what a load of  :censored:

HAha, hazer, would be hilarious to undercut the commercial market for rapid-fire.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Viking360

• Club AM VIP
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 11:52:02 PM »
List of USPTO.gov trademark registration numbers, these are trademarks that have already been issued to Evil Controllers:

-3864251 - Ring of Light
-3972522 - Stealth
-4327265 - Master Mod
-4553444 - Rapid Fire

These are USPT.gov utility patent numbers that have been issued to Scuf Gaming (Aka Ironburg Inventions):

-8,641,525 - Paddle switches
-8,480,491 - Trigger stops

And design patent number:

D667,892

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 06:16:44 PM »
I shall start a business, and offer the following mods:

Circle of illumination
Undetected
The One
Repeat-fire
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »
I shall start a business, and offer the following mods:

Circle of illumination
Undetected
The One
Repeat-fire
Dont forget to copy right and paten pend lol. Its almost like the wild west, have to stake that claim!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:27:31 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal