Author Topic: original Xbox emulator mod.  (Read 3151 times)

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

original Xbox emulator mod.
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
One of my friends are inquiring to get their original Xbox modded to play emulators. I Dont know anything about console mods but he wanted me to inquire if anyone here can do this mod for him. He's willing to pay cash money for the job. If anyone is interested PM me a description of this mod and what u will charge for the mod. Thanks.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: original Xbox emulator mod.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 07:24:21 AM »
the original xbox is very easy to do a soft mod to do what you want to do ,  hardest part is that if you want to upgrade the hdd to a larger one.  The hdd has a key that is keyed to the eeprom. Yet if you just want to use the normal hdd then you can do that also and soft mod it by using  SplinterCell game and xbox mem card 

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:46:44 AM »
Sweet. So I Dont know nothing as I lack experience I'm assuming its like bleemcast u just put that game disk in then when it loads up u just eject the disk then put in your burnt emulator CD and it will load up and be able to save with the men card?

Update: googled it seems pretty easy. I think I can do this one myself lol. Might have to buy me a Xbox now! I love emulators but they suck on Dreamcast plus most are not worth it unless u over clock the Dreamcast with a 40 MHz crystal oscillator. Love this mod too. Its actually the second mod I ever did. First mod being a internal VGA for Dreamcast. That was a fun mod as well!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:10:53 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 12:15:04 PM »
pretty simple like i said this was the first xbox i ever bought for my son , me and him both burned it down in 6 months time so i repaired it and modded it  and still use it today  haha enjoy !
Orignal xbox 1st mod

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 05:23:55 AM »
your going too far back. Just RGH an Xbox 360 and it has the emulators to play all the nes games. Hell I even have all the nes and SNES games I can email you. Plus you get to play 360 games also.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 06:17:51 AM »
your going too far back. Just RGH an Xbox 360 and it has the emulators to play all the nes games. Hell I even have all the nes and SNES games I can email you. Plus you get to play 360 games also.
the orignal xbox is still very popular for modding, cause they are cheaper and very easy to get a hold , I think its more the challenge that people take to mod one especially when the challenge is changing the hdd to large one

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
all I hear is wonk, wonk wonk, wonk..... and you dont think there is a challenge installing an RGH?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »
all I hear is wonk, wonk wonk, wonk..... and you dont think there is a challenge installing an RGH?
Installing   ?  the whole art of installing an RGH is whether or not you can solder! so soldering is the hardest part of rghing a console and knowing what needs to be done when installing this is why we have forums and Tutorials that i have made on our forum and here to answer anyone's questions if they have problems  :hifive:

Rodent consoles mods

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 06:13:02 PM »
Quote from: Modded Matt link=topic=43[pre
[/pre]427.msg324153#msg324153 date=1396873435]

I hear ya Matt, this is for a friend that's not a big gamer and came to me for emulator advice. He doesn't own a PC just an original Xbox. He was willing to pay for this service then I googled it and found how easy it is to soft mod.

Myself the only reason I would do this is I can get a Xbox for free and I Dont want to hard mod my original 360. I'm figure that the original Xbox is more than capable of handling nes, snes,  geniuses, gameboy ect. I play all of these on my overclocked Dreamcast but can't save due to having to over clock the vmu to the same speed. I'm looking for a simple easy route. I understand 360 would be wayyyy better but I like simple classics and free bees!

@ rodent thank you for your help. I knew I should of googled first, still I appreciate your help.

@ Matt maybe soon I'll take I up on that offer to email me all the means to do this for the 360. I always like new projects to work on.

Side note;

This is why I love acid mods because there is so much knowledge that everyone contributes here. Before I joined here I was just your average Timmy 360 controller  modder now I feel like I upgraded to your average  junior modder lol.

And thank you to Matt. If it was not for u telling me to join up Jere from the viking forums I would of missed out on making great connections in the modding community! Everyone may piss viniger from time to time but that's what makes this forum great!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:17:10 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
Did you watch the video I posted?  ..lol