Author Topic: Need help with led mod 'Please respond'  (Read 3263 times)

Offline HackerHypez

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I am nice if you're nice! :)
Need help with led mod 'Please respond'
« on: February 09, 2014, 07:50:27 PM »
So im adding 4x 5mm leds (blue) and 2x 3mm leds (blue) to my psp 1000 and a nice speaker, they will be sound re active and go straight to the speakers, may not be professional but certainly does the job  :cool: , so what i want help on is do i keep my original little speakers in and attach my leds and my new speaker to each of the little speakers or do i get rid of the little ones and use one point for my new speaker and one for my leds, will keeping my little ones effect the brightness? as i heard the more leds you use the dimmer they go, i am doing this tomorrow so i could do with an opinion on the matter straight away, hope to hear back soon, thanks
5.00 M33-6
SneakyySneakyyy - XboxLive
AM have Eminem in their picture selection.. They rule! :#1:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Need help with led mod 'Please respond'
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:37:39 AM »
use one speaker point for your new speaker and the other point for your led's. I would recommend using the LM386 vs direct method you describe, but both ways will work. you can leave the little speakers for better treble response.

Offline HackerHypez

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I am nice if you're nice! :)
Re: Need help with led mod 'Please respond'
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:21:58 AM »
thanks for responding, i thought that but wont that mean the lights wont sync well to the beat as they will be in the left and the speaker will be in the right if you know what i mean?

i dont want them to be dimmer or to effect the power of my speaker, before i decided to re wire everything,  had 5 leds and a normal and big speaker to one connection, and 1led and normal speaker to another, which worked fine but i just feel its not right
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:25:45 AM by HackerHypez »
5.00 M33-6
SneakyySneakyyy - XboxLive
AM have Eminem in their picture selection.. They rule! :#1:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal