Author Topic: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1537  (Read 66493 times)

Offline FTA

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1537
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2017, 07:55:32 AM »
Hey RDC, thanks but, can I instead,solder longer wires to the 14-pin connector (J1), through 33 ohm resistors? If I'm correct, those two there are 33 ohm resistors. Also, you wrote in the fist post "data" is D+(#10) and D-(#12) and unless I'm wrong (probably I'am :) ), they should be #9(D-) and #10(D+) - am I numbering the connector pinout correctly, where the count starts and how it goes? And can I solder the +5v from the USB to pin #8 directly? Thank you again.

P.S. The upper leftmost pin should be GND, may be pin #13?

Offline connormtully@gmail.com

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

I swapped the analog stick modules on my Xbox One controller, was too aggressive with solder braid and accidentally removed the solder pad circled in red on this picture. How should I go about resolving this problem? Is there a place somewhere else on the controller I can wire the pin to?

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-1
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2017, 05:34:58 AM »
@ FTA - Pin 1 is marked (white dot) on the board, and the corner of the connector at pin 1 is also angled. So what you have marked as pin 7 is really pin 1 of the connector. Also, all of the odds are on one side, while the evens are on the other, so pin 14 in your diagram is really pin 2 there. Redo them that way, and you'll find the D+ and D- are on 10 and 12, like I have listed. ;)

Yes you can just solder directly to the connector thru some 33ohm Resistors.

The USB 5v goes thru R1 before hitting pin 8 of the connector, but you can skip that and just go directly to pin 8 if you need.

@ connormtully - That spot is the AN+ for the Y-Axis POT. You can solder a short jumper wire from the spot just to the left of the X spot to the lead of the POT under it and get the AN+ back to it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline FTA

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2017, 10:14:29 AM »
Thank you RDC :)

Cheers!!

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-1
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2017, 03:07:02 PM »
Welcome.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline FTA

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2017, 04:03:27 PM »
RDC, another issue here :)

I finished the previous repairs and in the meantime replaced the LB switch with one from an xbox360 pad, and maged to play for many hours. But, the swich, suddenly stuck on "pressed". I desoldered it, but unfotunately, this time, with the pads (Only the yellow survived). So my question is, which of those, on the image are the important contacts to solder the new switch to - just the lower two (marked with the U-shape)? What is the yellow connected to, or just holding the switch leg there? Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:04:52 PM by FTA »

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-1
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
The switch connections are the 2 on the right. The top Yellow circle is one (ground) and the bottom right green circle (connects to the pink trace for LB) is the other one. The 2 green ones on the left (both ground) are mainly mechanical for holding the switch in place.

Offline FTA

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Once again, thank you, for the thorough explanation :) And something else, could there be a reason (beside damaged switch), for the circuit to be constantly closed for LB - just asking.

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +78/-1
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2017, 07:06:06 PM »
There would have to be a short, or even thru some Resistance, to ground on that LB line somewhere, or the MCU is bad.

Offline FTA

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2017, 09:22:48 PM »
Alright, thanks :)