Author Topic: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1537  (Read 62652 times)

Offline FTA

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1537
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2017, 07:55:32 AM »
Hey RDC, thanks but, can I instead,solder longer wires to the 14-pin connector (J1), through 33 ohm resistors? If I'm correct, those two there are 33 ohm resistors. Also, you wrote in the fist post "data" is D+(#10) and D-(#12) and unless I'm wrong (probably I'am :) ), they should be #9(D-) and #10(D+) - am I numbering the connector pinout correctly, where the count starts and how it goes? And can I solder the +5v from the USB to pin #8 directly? Thank you again.

P.S. The upper leftmost pin should be GND, may be pin #13?

Offline connormtully@gmail.com

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

I swapped the analog stick modules on my Xbox One controller, was too aggressive with solder braid and accidentally removed the solder pad circled in red on this picture. How should I go about resolving this problem? Is there a place somewhere else on the controller I can wire the pin to?

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +77/-1
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2017, 05:34:58 AM »
@ FTA - Pin 1 is marked (white dot) on the board, and the corner of the connector at pin 1 is also angled. So what you have marked as pin 7 is really pin 1 of the connector. Also, all of the odds are on one side, while the evens are on the other, so pin 14 in your diagram is really pin 2 there. Redo them that way, and you'll find the D+ and D- are on 10 and 12, like I have listed. ;)

Yes you can just solder directly to the connector thru some 33ohm Resistors.

The USB 5v goes thru R1 before hitting pin 8 of the connector, but you can skip that and just go directly to pin 8 if you need.

@ connormtully - That spot is the AN+ for the Y-Axis POT. You can solder a short jumper wire from the spot just to the left of the X spot to the lead of the POT under it and get the AN+ back to it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline FTA

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2017, 10:14:29 AM »
Thank you RDC :)

Cheers!!

Offline RDC

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +77/-1
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2017, 03:07:02 PM »
Welcome.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.