Author Topic: Guidance on modding wireless xbox 360 controller  (Read 2505 times)

Offline cybergary

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Guidance on modding wireless xbox 360 controller
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:32:13 AM »

Hi All,

I've Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, I recently was given a xbox 360 wireless controller for pc, due to mouse\keyboard gaming becoming too difficult.

I just finished Call of Duty: Ghosts, some parts I used the controller, most parts I used keyboard and mouse. The some parts was actually, helicopters, tanks, planes.

LB and RB are almost impossible for me to push.

Both triggers are hard to push, I ended up tilting controller forward to push fingers against legs to push the triggers.

I found aiming with right stick very difficult, feels like I need a much longer stick to be able to hold properly with triggers on it?

These are just my initial impressions.

I look forward to your replies, to hopefully help me decide what I need changed.

Lastly, I live in South Africa and I do know someone who can do the mods. I hope to be able to present him with a drawing of what I want, suggested parts to use etc.

I should add he suggested capacitive sensor buttons for LB and RB.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Guidance on modding wireless xbox 360 controller
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:21:28 AM »
THE 360 IS EASY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED 4 EXTRA BUTTONS ON THE TOP OF THE SHELL. THIS IS THE MOST BASIC MOD. IT WILL REQUIRE 4 BUTTONS AND SOME WIRE. i HAVE DONE SIMILAR MODS FOR PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF IN THE PAST. HAVE YOUR GUY GET IN TOUCH WITH ME DIRECTLY IF HE HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.

SORRY FOR THE caps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal