Author Topic: Dual nand  (Read 9570 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Dual nand
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:42:23 AM »
Talk to me about dual nand. Is this still a viable option? I don't want to let go of my jtag, and I will still want to get on my retail xbox to play with friends even though I have bought the xbox one. I am thinking dual nand will keep me from having 3 Xboxes hooked up.

Thoughts or concerns?

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Re: Dual nand
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:58:40 AM »
From questions that I havce asked Rodent on that subject, If you want to keep online options and still have jtag/rgh then dual nand is a great thing. I think it is overpriced for what it is and Rodent has suggested it should/has to  be done at the start of the hacking process. I dont think it is safe to dual nand after the original nand is overwritten. Not 100% on that but Like I said I have asked the same questions.

I think one of the downsides is the save games. The saves from hacked games will flag when on the retail nand.

Once again, I am sure Rodent will be through to answer this more professionally but This is just the information I have gathered.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:16:23 AM »

I think one of the downsides is the save games. The saves from hacked games will flag when on the retail nand.

Really? how is this different from the jtag? I keep my profile on a flash drive. I save my game saves to that same flash drive and I use it to switch between my jtag and retail so I get all my jtag progress and achievements on my retail/live account.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:02:45 AM »
Really? how is this different from the jtag? I keep my profile on a flash drive. I save my game saves to that same flash drive and I use it to switch between my jtag and retail so I get all my jtag progress and achievements on my retail/live account.

I could be wrong. That is what I have read on forums. Last I read was about Ghost. Some one wanted to know if they played ghost before release and used same save to play on retail if it would ban. Common answer was yes.

I was not trying to feed false information I was just letting you know what I had gathered on the subject.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 08:07:06 AM »
Was Playing Ghost On My Retail This mOrning. Everything Is Fine. Its Recommened Not To Use The Same Hard Drive For Retail And Jtag/Rgh. I Would Do A Dual Nand With Ms Hdd For Internal And External Hdd For Jtag/Rgh. Reason Being Is If You Use A Jtag/Rgh Hdd On Retail And Yiu Have Say Freestyle Dash On It, Or Whatever App, Then Ms Can See It And Flag Or Ban You.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:08:49 AM »
Was Playing Ghost On My Retail This mOrning. Everything Is Fine. Its Recommened Not To Use The Same Hard Drive For Retail And Jtag/Rgh. I Would Do A Dual Nand With Ms Hdd For Internal And External Hdd For Jtag/Rgh. Reason Being Is If You Use A Jtag/Rgh Hdd On Retail And Yiu Have Say Freestyle Dash On It, Or Whatever App, Then Ms Can See It And Flag Or Ban You.

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew I had read about some safety concearns on that. Just was not sure on the details.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »
Dual Nand , options   here is the thing  Its great if your not going to host lobbies and get console banned , if your just going to use it for off line purpose other then  system link 

Dual nand is perfect for those who want to keep there console on xbl and still be able to go to RGH side and play games right from the hdd and do other things like unlock dlc .  demo games etc.   

So considering what you want to do with your matt it would be great.

everytime the update though on xbox live you need to  re dump the nands from original xbl side to rebuild the rgh side and can easly be done in under 25 seconds  to read write ect.

buy a demon chip and need a coolrunner to do this will not work on jtags  , will work for R-jtag hacks

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 08:13:39 AM »
yeah, i forgot that this wont work for jtags. Also which system do you plan on dual nanding matt?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »
this video will help with alot of jtag info and stuff that can be done. How to install XM360 to Unlock DLC/Arcade/Indie Games on your JTAG or rgh
How to install XM360 to Unlock DLC/Arcade/Indie Games on your JTAG/RGH (Tutorial)

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 08:25:26 AM »

This is what I want, without all the caps.

Dual Nand , options   here is the thing  Its great if your not going to host lobbies and get console banned , if your just going to use it for off line purpose other then  system link 

Dual nand is perfect for those who want to keep there console on xbl and still be able to go to RGH side and play games right from the hdd and do other things like unlock dlc .  demo games etc.   

So considering what you want to do with your matt it would be great.

everytime the update though on xbox live you need to  re dump the nands from original xbl side to rebuild the rgh side and can easly be done in under 25 seconds  to read write ect.

buy a demon chip and need a coolrunner to do this will not work on jtags  , will work for R-jtag hacks

This is what I want. As for the reflashing, is there a header that can be added for the nandx that will plug in and do this without opening the system.

My dual nand unit will be a slim I got for $20 that had a bad Laser I replaced. at which point, I don't have a lot of use for my jtag. It has issues anyway.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
was on my phone earlier and it caps the first letter of every word. sorry about that.

the demon comes with a external board that allows you to connect it to the pc with a usb connector.
you wont need a nandx with a demon, and it is faster than a nandx. only 30 sec for a 16mb nand read/write

with the slim ,i would get the demon with a slim proto board. been hearing good things
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:30:00 AM by Gizmo613 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 08:32:29 AM »

This is what I want. As for the reflashing, is there a header that can be added for the nandx that will plug in and do this without opening the system.

My dual nand unit will be a slim I got for $20 that had a bad Laser I replaced. at which point, I don't have a lot of use for my jtag. It has issues anyway.
nice thing about the dual nand you dont even have to reopen or resolder to the board  I use a usb cable from ps3 charger for charging the controller  plug in the back on a slim or front on phat console  and make sure the consoles plugged in  and  your set to go you can power on and toggle between nands on j-runner   very fast very simple to do 

also when you buy a demon chip make sure you buy for the console your buying for PHAT OR SLIM  console  Phat consoles can be done for sb or bb nands  but you right at 16mb nand to it.   same for slims  they have to be a 16mb nand   the new 4gb models can not be dual nand.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:33:29 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »
Im just going to send it to you.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 08:35:25 AM »
sounds good to me :)    Just let me know what kind of console your sending and when x consoles gets them in i will be making a order soon. or i can try to contact King Mike and see if he can get them for us
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:16:13 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »

After reading all the above.. that was going to be my response too LOL
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »
After reading all the above.. that was going to be my response too LOL
yea so be ready to ship Tracey!    :rofl:

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »
yea so be ready to ship Tracey!    :rofl:

I know right, I'm going to bill matt for my shipping & processing fees  :laughing:
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »
HAHAHA little do you know, I am sending him your xbox.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
HAHAHA little do you know, I am sending him your xbox.
Gotta love that + 1 on that post!!   :rofl:

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal