Author Topic: PS4 vs XB1 Side by Side  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: PS4 vs XB1 Side by Side
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
Good find, they look extremely similar texture wise, which is unsurprising due to the similar specs. Splitting hairs I would say the Xbone had a little more visual appeal in this title, what do you guys think?
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »
This is a gray area for me.  I feel comparisons between a multi-platform games do not hold much justice. U also have to look at the source where this video came from. Lighting and shadowing can be manipulated especially if it was shot using two different TVs. From what I've picked up on in the past is multi-platform games usually are designed to operate at the lowest common specs of the two consoles. I feel u wont see any real significant graphical advantage between two multi-plafrom games. The real comparisons will be comparing the top exclusives between the two consoles. If someone does this than u may see a significant advantage in graphics, buffering and shadowing.

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:05:38 AM »
We've done a side by side with the xbox 360 and a PS3 on our own tv  (backlit LED) 2 years ago and had the same results..the 360 was more appealing and the colors were more vibrant.

I'm not saying overall one is better than the other, just like cellphones, buy what suits YOU and your needs.
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:45:25 AM »
We've done a side by side with the xbox 360 and a PS3 on our own tv  (backlit LED) 2 years ago and had the same results..the 360 was more appealing and the colors were more vibrant.

I'm not saying overall one is better than the other, just like cellphones, buy what suits YOU and your needs.
Everyone Knows XBOX is  :#1:

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline MeltedCrayons

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +7/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »
For reference:
Xbox One = 720p upscaled to 1080p
PS4 = 900p upscaled to 1080p

Both of them look horrible compared to PC. XBone has more jaggies and it ups the contrast. The PS4 looks similar to PC, but you can still see jaggies.

PS4
Xbox One
Comparison Gallery

PC will always be surperior when comparing graphics.

Also, looking forward to seeing how PS4 compares to PC for COD: Ghosts, as its been confimed PS4 will be native 1080p (XBone will be 720p, upscaled to 1080p) ...It should be interesting.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 08:25:57 AM »
For reference:
Xbox One = 720p upscaled to 1080p
PS4 = 900p upscaled to 1080p

Both of them look horrible compared to PC. XBone has more jaggies and it ups the contrast. The PS4 looks similar to PC, but you can still see jaggies.

PS4
Xbox One
Comparison Gallery

PC will always be surperior when comparing graphics.

Also, looking forward to seeing how PS4 compares to PC for COD: Ghosts, as its been confimed PS4 will be native 1080p (XBone will be 720p, upscaled to 1080p) ...It should be interesting.
Kind of compairing apples to oranges considing the cost that a PC cost to keep upgrading the graphics card and memory compared to somehting you bring home and plug in  and just play games on   and there is no end to PC gaming aslong as you have the money to keep pouring in to one.   game consoles will always be around been around since the atari 2600

Rodent consoles mods

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:27:38 AM »
The ps4 has a smoother texture and movement compare to the xbox one. If you go to 6:50 the character movement is smoother as she climbs into the chopper in the ps4, But move to 7:01 you can see more detail texture visible on the xbox one on the door as well as if you go back to 3:50, 4:12,4:5 and 5:05 you can see the details as they fly around easily but it hinder in smoothness of the game in the xbox one. Both are stunning but the PS4 has fluid smooth movement while having a little less texture and the xbox one a little more texture but rougher movement. Either one to me is fine to get just all plays down to what games are you into. Personally been a KZ fan ever since the psp version so I am going to get a PS4 eventually hahaha

...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 08:40:24 AM »
It should be noted that the Xbox one is capable of natively outputting 1080P, but the game designer have built the game at 720P and allowed the Xbox upscale it.  I would assume that this is due to the dual release on both the xbox one and 360. the 360 is only capable of 720p, so they would have to recode two versions of the game for both xbox platforms. with the playstation, the ps3 and ps4 are both capable of natively outputting 1080P so they only need to make one format to release on both gen consoles with minimal tweeks for each system.

You will see this go away as the older gen consoles are phased out and with games that are only released for the new generation of consoles.

Regardless of the numbers, you are still seeing the same things we have always seen when doing a side by side comparison. While the PS has a higher resolution, the xbox is more visually appealing in the real world application. Which is all that matters. the numbers only count on paper, you cant deny what your eyes actually see just because its wrote down somewhere.

Offline MeltedCrayons

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +7/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 09:38:51 AM »
Kind of compairing apples to oranges considing the cost that a PC cost to keep upgrading the graphics card and memory compared to somehting you bring home and plug in  and just play games on   and there is no end to PC gaming aslong as you have the money to keep pouring in to one.   game consoles will always be around been around since the atari 2600
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:57:31 AM by MeltedCrayons »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »
LOL the old PC vs Console war...

For me its about comfort. I like to sit on my on the couch or on my bed to play, not sitting at a desk. Another turn off for me is as Rodent tried to say, the fact that your graphics will most likely not be the same as mine due to different hardware, your playability may not be the same as mine due to processor speed, and connection speed. All of which lead to a win for the guy who invested the most money. Console gaming is a more even playing field.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
LOL the old PC vs Console war...

For me its about comfort. I like to sit on my on the couch or on my bed to play, not sitting at a desk. Another turn off for me is as Rodent tried to say, the fact that your graphics will most likely not be the same as mine due to different hardware, your playability may not be the same as mine due to processor speed, and connection speed. All of which lead to a win for the guy who invested the most money. Console gaming is a more even playing field.

:hifive: :hifive: :hifive: :tup: :tup: :tup: :#1: :rofl: :rofl:

hell yea  :drunk: nothing like sitting in your lazy boy recliner and drinking a cold one in comfort while plays xbox  sure beats the hell out looking at a 24 inch monitor when you can watch it on a 60 inch flat screen with  surround sound and all  and  turn it off and crash in the recliner and not wake up with a indent in your forhead from crashing at the PC   wake up in comfort and go right back to playing  Xbox :D  :rofl:

Rodent consoles mods

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »
All I'm say in is Dont buy into everything that u see. Things can be altered to hifanate the real picture. This is why I said its a gray area for me. I'm not a PS fanboy I'm a realist and I tend to look at every possible angle. Next month will clear everything up but till then this to me is all hype.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:10:42 PM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 03:55:52 PM »
I don't get the whole xbone renders frames at a lower resolution, the systems are pretty much identical specs and architecture wise, bar the high speed ESRAM caching vs GDDR5 argument.

PC is always going to have the graphical edge I don't think anyone is arguing that it wont, rather that consoles offer a unique experience to PC. Just to add a bit of zest, a PC built on the exact same specs as one of the consoles will achieve worse framerates than the console equivalent (light weight OS and architectural optimisations).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:56:29 PM by GhoSt »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal