Author Topic: PSP battery using 18650 battery, nokia bl-5c, rechargeable AA battery.  (Read 3771 times)

Offline ashtigzin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
so here's the idea.

a psp battery has 3.7v with 1800mah lithium battery.

a 18650 laptop battery has the same 3.7v with higher mah lithium battery.

a nokia bl-5c battery has also the same 3.7v but lower mah(900mah??) lithium battery.

a 3xAAA/3xAA rechargeable battery in series gives you 3.6v and a mah indicated on the battery itself.

so i was planning to do a battery mod for psp2000 for longer play time. i have a old laptop battery from compaq presario, bl-5c can be bought anywhere, same thing with AAA/AA rechargeable batteries.

now, the problems:

I. 18650 batteries
-i have seen a psp with a 18650 battery connected on the circuit of the psp original battery, it works but the question is:
a. can its still be charged by the original psp charger?
b. is it okay if i connected two 18650 battery in parralel to get more mah(more mah, more play time) and still can it be charged.

II. nokia bl-5c
-some of you guys heard of it so no further explanation on how its done, my old battery died but the circuit of the battery still works and im using it.
a. can i connect two or three nokia bl-5c in parallel and will it still be able to charge?
the idea is, 1 nokia bl-5c inside the psp battery and two more bl-5c inside the umd door, connected parrallel together.

III. 3xAAA/3xAA battery
-this is popular coz i have seen this a lot of times in the internet.
a. how can it be charged?
b. 3series x 2 parallel = 6 batteries consisted of two 3xAA battery. can still worked?

IV. other questions
a. what would be the best battery mod to have a longer play time.
b. which is most portable battery mod, something small or thin.

if we all help together, then we could come up for a better solution.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal