Author Topic: E3 Next Genreation Consoles  (Read 25412 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
E3 Next Genreation Consoles
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »

After press releases on both the Xbox one and PS4, there is a lot of misinformation out there, and a lot of hidden details that were not clarified. If you’re a fan of either, I am sure nobody’s opinion has been changed. There are outlying issues with each system, primarily centered on how used games will be handled.  For the people like myself who buy games and are always connected, this is a moot point, but for the younger generation who cannot afford to purchase the games they want, Microsoft’s current game policy can cause a problem. (keep in mind this policy can be revised as easily as I am writing this report.)

Trading/sharing/selling games:  both parties have stated the exact same thing:  “We (Sony and Microsoft) will not charge you for buying or trading used games”.  On Sony’s side of the argument they only made the above statement.  Microsoft went a bit further clarifying that "participating retailers" will let users trade Xbox One disc games for cash or credit.  Microsoft is giving control of how Xbox One disc games can be handled to third party publishers. Those companies may decide that they don't want those games to be traded in to retailers or given to friends, or if they do allow that they may put in further restrictions and fees. While Sony has not made any type of clarification, it is assumed that they will allow their publishers the same control as recently seen with EA Games.  Its simple economics that the used game market helps the sale of both consoles and games, Microsoft is not going to miss out, or allow their publishers to miss out on this market.  So I would not bank on the fact that rented games will not be available for the xbox one as many have speculated.

Always on/online connectivity: there has been much speculation about this and seems to be a killer for a lot of people.  Phil Harrison (MS corporate VP) in a recent interview has stated:  Question:  I’ve heard that if your Xbox One does not connect with Xbox Live at least once a day, the machine becomes inoperable and you’re not able to play any of the games that you’ve paid for. Is that true? Harrison: I don’t think that’s what was said. Let me try and clarify what is happening. So, there is a lot of anxiety about “what if my Internet connection goes down” and you don’t have connectivity for a period of time. There are a host of features which will be usable without an Internet connection — watching movies, playing single player games… all of which will operate offline. We expect most of the more advanced experiences, like online multiplayer games, or games which have a lot of connected features… those games won’t operate if you don’t have an Internet connection. We designed the system to take advantage of a connection to the cloud, and all that that means. But no, it’s not required that you are connected all the time, every second of every day.

Pay to play: PSN users have always stood on the argument that it’s free to play online with PlayStation. That day appears to be over. Sony has historically been very sneaky in what information they release on any of their products, but during the press release they stated “PlayStation plus will give access to immersive multiplayer, while standard non paid accounts will continue to enjoy the single player and media content for free” This statement effectively ends the pay to play argument. Moving forward into the next generation, you will have no choice but to pay a fee if you wish to play online multiplayer games.

Content, content, content this press release was filled with game content on both sides.  There have been some great reveals and showcasing of new upcoming games. Many of which were cross platform games that will be available on both systems. If you were paying attention to both conferences, on these platform games, PS4 is giving away an action figure, poster, or other gimmick if you buy the game on their system. Microsoft on the other hand is not offering such giveaways, they are continuing with what xbox fans have always loved which is first access to all DLC, custom exclusive in game items such as weapons and maps.  History has proven this to be a long wait for PS3 owners sometimes weeks or months.  Microsoft announced that they will have 15 titles at release that are xbox exclusive games, Sony has stated they have 20 slated to span release over the first year. Not to mention the above mentioned blockbusters, which will be released on both systems. Looking at the upcoming games that have been shown, Sony is staying true to the younger generation with their much loved anime based games such as kingdom of hearts, while Microsoft has taken aim at the more mature gamers with titles such as titanfal. On the app side, Microsoft did not showcase anything new, while Sony seemed to be very proud of the new apps they will be providing such as Flixster and Redbox instant, all of which have been available on xbox live for months. 

Cloud based gaming: This is where there is a big difference in the two systems. Sony is barely touching on cloud base technology stating that all your trophies and game saves will be accessible through the cloud.  Microsoft has gone further with this technology. MS has stated that all of your games (notice I said games, not game saves) will be cloud accessible anywhere in the world. All you have to do is log in. no more transporting a disk or memory card, just sign in.  To go even further any live account holder in your household may access your game collection meaning I can be at Robins house, log in and play gears, when I am done, Tracey can play the game without me flying half across the world to give her the game. This has enormous potential that nobody is picking up on. 

Pricing structure, at first glance the pricing structure for the PS4 seems to have an advantage and will appeal to most parents and gamers. But keep in mind while the ps4 is 100$ cheaper, it is missing the new eye toy, where this is included with the xbox purchase. 

So in closing, there is still a lot of disinformation out there that needs to be clarified, but at first glance the PS4 has pulled ahead with their lower price, and the statement that there will be no PS4 imposed game restrictions. (keep in mind both of those are not truly forthcoming) Microsoft is more honest and forthcoming about their product but seem to have been suffering for it.  If you add the eye toy to the xbox purchase to have equal products, it will be the same cost and publishers may still impose the same restrictions on PS4 that Microsoft is announcing.  So while PS4 fans may think this is a win, the jury is still out, don’t forget how you got screwed on the whole backwards compatibility issue with ps3 was released. Playstation has a history of sneaky moves that promote sales and allow the gamers to suffer.  Don’t jump ship yet, there will be more clarification to come.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/phil-harrison-xbox-one/
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/gigaom/articles/2013_06_10_sonys_ps4_gets_redbox_instant_flixster_and_exclusive_sony_content_but_no_big_tv_play.html
Playstation 4 Press Conference Full Show - PS4 Reveal
The Entire Microsoft Press Conference - E3 2013
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:47:24 AM by Modded Matt »

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
Re: E3 Next Genreation Consoles
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »
Kudos nice Post matt.  But Honestly I never Much Cared for the Sony Eye Toy or the Kinect they just seemed really lame and unimportant but that is just me. True sony has pulled some pretty dirty moves in the past which is what killed the whole PS3 thing for me. But in the end I will probably end up with both. Me I don't always have internet. When I do I usually play games online. now to need a offline ticket every 24 hours is pretty much what killed me on the XBOX1. Hearing that I wont have to connect every 24 hours on the PS4 Sounded great to me.  when I play Single player games I tend to not connect my xbox to the net. (which at this time is my Cellphone)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:49:34 AM by PsychoticWolf »

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »
I will get both also, but I will get xbox at release and ps4 at first price drop.

Offline MeltedCrayons

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +7/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
Kingdom Hearts III is not an exclusive.
Since Disney owns Marvel now, this is exciting. I hope we get some side-quests from Capt. America in KH3. It would be glorious.

Also, you don't need  PS+ on all accounts to play online; just one. I think the XBone is doing this with XBL as well. Wii-U & XBone are both region-locked. PS4 is not.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:42:08 PM »
Marvel Verse Inside Kingdom Hearts, Oh Hellll Nah!!!! Live And Ps+ Is Required For All Multiplayer Games.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »
XBone

I keep reading that as " X"  "bone". Made me laugh.

I believe Matt just clarified that single-player games will not require you to have an internet connection, only multi-player. So I dont really get how thats different than today.

I dont really care either way. I have no love of playing consoles any more. But you will be sure I will probably have a release X bone and a 3 month live subscription to hack the controller. Then I can sell it for outrageous price when they run dry for 2 months.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:25:16 PM »

I dont really care either way. I have no love of playing consoles any more. But you will be sure I will probably have a release X bone and a 3 month live subscription to hack the controller. Then I can sell it for outrageous price when they run dry for 2 months.

Sounds Like A Plan

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »
I keep reading that as " X"  "bone". Made me laugh.

I caught that too. Just didnt want to make a post for that hahah.

I agree with tracy. My 360 is working just fine..

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 04:25:48 AM »
I didnt clarafy it, micros9ft did. I just brought the info to light.  It just goes to show that regardless of what people say or read, ifIit didnt come from an official Microsoft rep, its most likely false info.... I would bet most of it comes from sony

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 06:56:30 AM »

I agree with tracy. My 360 is working just fine..

Just think Vision, the 360 is about to get 100 times better since all the annoying kids are going to have to convert over to PS4 because you know their parents arent going to be paying for having to buy every game new and not used. I'm kinda loving this idea now..
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:59:01 AM »
Rofl. Right.  I don't play or pay on live anyways. If we vcould stop the kids parents from buying them RGH consoles, LinK would get a lot better hahah. Didn't they say they were about to release a fair amount of new games for the 360 also? My kids are waiting on the new lego marvel superheros game. I think Its set to drop in October.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 09:21:59 AM »
Just think Vision, the 360 is about to get 100 times better since all the annoying kids are going to have to convert over to PS4 because you know their parents arent going to be paying for having to buy every game new and not used. I'm kinda loving this idea now..

honestly, i think that almost all 3rd party publisher are gonna follow in microsoft footstep and implement the drm policy inot their games, regardless of xbox or ps.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 09:32:33 AM »
Hmmm. Sounds a LOT like Steam...... :)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 09:36:13 AM »

honestly, i think that almost all 3rd party publisher are gonna follow in microsoft footstep and implement the drm policy inot their games, regardless of xbox or ps.

Damn it.... Microsoft has stated they will not impose the policy, it would be up tot he publisher, so if they are following anybody, they are following EA

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »
idk, back in the ps2 days, sony implemented something similar. it was called dnas. it checked the disc title id during first sign on to online multiplier, although it was cracked the same day.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:59 AM »
yeah im torn but at the minute i am swinging towards the PS4. although knowing me i will eventually end up with both. i want to know if i can use the same xbox login as i do on 360 and if i have gold on my login will it allow me to use gold on my 360 and my one

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 07:30:07 AM »
From what they said , your gold is fully transferable to the "one"

Offline Nevbox

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +12/-5
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Hmmm. Sounds a LOT like Steam...... :)
Well at least on Steam you get a sales and decent prices to make up for it. Got Total War Master Collection for £15 RRP £75. Played 40 hours worth of Rome: TW in the last few weeks.

Popular opinion with my mates who don't play PC is that Xbox One is the pits and they're all going to buy a PS4. Part of the Xbox One hate is all the unanswered rumours they allowed to spread. In other news the Wii U and 3DS are actually awesome!

Offline snowcolt17

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 04:53:43 PM »
im going to try and get both. maybe by then i can get my 10% discount lol

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 10:24:31 AM »
If this has any truth in it, they may have just sold me on an additional xbox one. (Matt, this will be cool for say Nate, Ashley, Morgan and even Doug can share our games and play together simultaneously)

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-lets-you-share-your-games-with-up-to-10-famil-511767763
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 10:44:37 AM »
hmmm this does sound interesting.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
If this has any truth in it, they may have just sold me on an additional xbox one. (Matt, this will be cool for say Nate, Ashley, Morgan and even Doug can share our games and play together simultaneously)

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-lets-you-share-your-games-with-up-to-10-famil-511767763

Sorry to be a buzz kill, But if you read closely it says, "Any **one** of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a *given time*."

Its not 10 free licenses for 10 family members, its one license that you can share with up to 10 people, but only one at a single given time. So basically you would not be able to play simultaneously. But if one of those people would like to share one of your games while no one else is playing it, they could. It would basically be the same as xbox 360 now, they can borrow a disk, and they can play and then give it back and you can play except now they limited it to where only up to ten people can borrow that certain game. it doesint make ten copies of your game and let them all play it at once sadly...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:27:34 PM by Sammy »

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
Not true Sammy, read the third paragraph.

"Regardless, to be clear, only one family member can actually be playing the game at a time (in addition to you, of course). The others will have to wait their turn."

meaning me and tracey only have to buy one disk

http://http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010724_615664295119935_1339502646_n.png
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:40:40 PM by Modded Matt »

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
Ohhh i see now, I guess that is a pretty nice feature of the Xbone. Guess the Xbone isint is bad as most people are making it out to be! im still not liking the whole kinect thing though, I head that the console will refuse to even power on if you disconnect the kinect.. So No matter what if you buy the Xbone your going to have to buy a kinect to, which isint to good for me, because i never use the kinect, and i usually wait and buy consoles used so i can get them for a lower price like on craigslist, and they dont always come with all the accesories! Most likely going to stick with sony on this generation of consoles!

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 04:52:37 PM »
I Believe It Comes With The Xbox One If Purchased new.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 04:57:46 PM »
you cant buy the xbox one without the Kinect.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »
Yea i know that, i was meaning, like if you buy a used one like off craigslist or ebay or anything missing the kinect, your out of luck, i just dont see the point in being forced to have a kinect sensor with it, like kinect sensers now are about $60 used, welll just think the newer one is probably even more expensive on its own, and if you accidently break your kinect senser you dont have  console at all anymore, and your going to have to buy a new sensor. Which i think is a rip off and microsoft only did to get even more money which they dont even need. Just my opinion haha

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »
I Hear You Sammy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal