Author Topic: Wrap it up- Mod log  (Read 28287 times)

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Wrap it up- Mod log
« on: April 29, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »
I am not good at writing these. I want every ones opinion and to have a clear before and after thread. So lets begin.

The plan:
   I am growing tired of my NZXT M59 case and I would like to breather new life into it. I have chosen to use the vinyl wrap method over paint as I do not have the skills to paint. Some paint will probably have to be used but I hope to keep it minimum.

In the beginning:

This is what my case looks like right now. I know it is dusty and dirty but I have been waiting for supplies to arrive for the mod so I only have to tear it down once. Specs are in my sig.

The product:

I have chosen Rvinyl.com to use for the wrap. They have large sheets and alot of choices in colors. I chose carbon fiber white and carbon fiber silver. I think these two colors with a possible bit of black will look very nice together.

I want to do the majority of the case in the white with silver accents in as many areas as I can. I will be leaving the inside of the case black (i think) and switching out to white leds for lighting. Other ideas may come into play a bit further down the road but we will just have to see :)

I will do my best to keep this post updated with current progress as well as "update" posts.

Thanks for looking! I hoipe this turns out as nice as I hope.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Re: Wrap it up- Mod log
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »
Ok. I got some work done. Well more like cleaning and prepping. So lets get on with the pictures!

I would say it was do for a cleaning..

And A pile of dust from the front panel...

And after a buttload of cleaning... Well its not perfect still but I was tired of cleaning :)

Got a bit of detail wrapping done.

Got both side panels wrapped and the fan grill painted silver. I have alot of work still to go but for one day I would say its good progress.

Need to fix that card reader. Lack of a 2.5 bay really sucks..

Thanks for looking :) more to come soon.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
I think it looks pretty cool so far. That's actually the case I was going to use back when I thought of making a custom PC.

Did you ever get it finished?

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
Still Working on it. Will try to get updates soon.

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »
Looks great :) I love to use wrap when I can. A trick to use wrap,  leave a 1/8 border around each end lay a corner down and use a blow dry to heat up the wrap. This helps to stretch around curve area better also you can pull on it for full curved area  like on mouse. Are you going to paint the grill mesh in silver or white to match?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:15:22 PM by The End of A Heartache »
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 07:27:35 PM »
Looks great :) I love to use wrap when I can. A trick to use wrap,  leave a 1/8 border around each end lay a corner down and use a blow dry to heat up the wrap. This helps to stretch around curve area better also you can pull on it for full curved area  like on mouse. Are you going to paint the grill mesh in silver or white to match?

I have been wrapping for a while now. Thanks though.

I think I may go with white. Front panel will be last because I have not decided which way to go with it yet. Going to work on the inside tomorrow if I get time. Also may be sleeving the wires in white and silver. Long way to go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal