Author Topic: Old school back with a 360 slim. Lost touch with mods and flash need help  (Read 97946 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
So yeh been a long time since I have come back to the xbox 360 seen.

Last time I had an xbox was one of the old jasper fat in white shell. I of course damaged the board trying to repair the overheating issue after flashing the disc drive.

I finally had a financial break and decide to why not the hell get myself a cheap 4Gb slim and go from there.

I got my console from gamestop online and that same day had to return it because the busters wanted to give me  a defective console.

It had unrepairable ethernet issue, If i was going to use tether I wouldn't have bother to return it but since the router is across the house i wanted like all my electronic run wireless... Anyways dang thing kept telling me to disconnect ethernet before using wireless. So off it went back to them for an exchange this time no wireless issue.

Upon my break from work I was looking at all the mod and hack possibility and WOW!  :faint: so much has changed. So many new hardware and different way of the same result gained.

Well I am a fan of flashing but I know that I have spent more on DL disc so I want to see other option. Since right now I have some capital gain in my wallet if you know what I mean.

Doing all the research I see something called xkey? "Xk3y" which being a pricey little unit can offer me the release of running backup games through harddrive of capacity  :tup: I like that Idea

But I am also seeing on forum people talking about using Wasabi? I thought that was only for the fat unless they changed it to slim which will be great

and also requiring the run of RGN (Glitch) with xk3y for some system.

all this has gotten me confused  :wacko:

I guess what I need is some noub guidance as what I should be looking for

All I plan on doing is running my backups and once in awhile getting on live to play with friends with new game in my library not backup.

Any help is appreciated sinceI wont get another xbox 360 slim till friday or saturday.
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Better off RGHing the console and flashing the dvd drive alot easier and cheaper then all that other stuff.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Better off RGHing the console and flashing the dvd drive alot easier and cheaper then all that other stuff.

Lol thanks Rodent :) I was reading through the Jtag thread and saw the argument between RGH and Jtag. It seems both offer the same gain.

As for flashing Yes cheaper and easily done hopefully

but I still feel like leaning toward using (or learning to use)  the xkey. In the long run burning DL disc and going out to buy more it result the same value as buying the xkey at the beginning (If you include the cost of gas and time).

Then storing said game, With xkey game fit on a HDD ( I have two 1.5Tb external used for media watching and game loading for PC)  or while flashing having to go out and buy a disc holder and hoping the disc don't stick to the holder or getting scratch up.

I do see the price of the xkey is very high as much as a new wii or fist full of games.

From the research I will still need jungleflasher to extract the disc key to run xkey. 

With RGN... I see a lot of different version :/ Some I question its originality (if its a real or chinese rip off version)

I also ask why do some system need both and other either one or another? :/

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:06:43 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
I havent head anything about RGN??? and yea the Xk3y will do what you want but also heard you can get banned from xbl , not sure if that is true or not.  only had a few people who wanted me to install the xk3y

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
If you rgh you can kiss live goodbye. Unless you dual nand. That is my understanding anyways. I would think the cheapest way to keep live and be able to play games from hdd would be xkey.  I beleive you would still be banned after playing a burnt game since the stat update would catch you. So looking at what you want, the best deal would be to send to Rodent for dual nand rgh. Just my 2cents.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
If you still want to play on Xbox live, then yeah, grab the xkey. But if not then just stick to RGH, you can run games off the hdd whether it be internal or external. I play a lot of games, but I still am going through the 40 pack of do that I bought nearly 3 years ago.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
If you rgh you can kiss live goodbye. Unless you dual nand. That is my understanding anyways. I would think the cheapest way to keep live and be able to play games from hdd would be xkey.  I beleive you would still be banned after playing a burnt game since the stat update would catch you. So looking at what you want, the best deal would be to send to Rodent for dual nand rgh. Just my 2cents.
Correct  also if he were just to flash the dvd drive worst that would happen is the dvd firmware would be overwritten and  Dual nand would be the way to go .

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
The xK3y can be perfectly adjusted to the drive and can represent a real drive without problems.
Of course there is no guarantee for a 100% secure Xbox Live solution,
http://www.modcontrol.com/Board/xbox-360-reviewcenter/34552-xk3y-x360key-xkey-review-english.html

With a quick google search I would say that it is a use at your own risk type deal. They say its fairly safe but no guarantee !

I would go dual nand rhg since you said you got a bit of $$ to spare :)

Be able to run your games from hdd when you want, while still being able to jump on live with your friends on hard copy.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
.wtf. Is  RGN????

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
I would go dual nand rhg since you said you got a bit of $$ to spare :)

Be able to run your games from hdd when you want, while still being able to jump on live with your friends on hard copy.

If you rgh you can kiss live goodbye. Unless you dual nand.  the best deal would be to send to Rodent for dual nand rgh. Just my 2cents.

okie so dual NAND RGH

The thing I want to do is run backup on external makes it easier for me to do things and then be able to run live without any hacks or modifications and not at the same time.

.wtf. Is  RGN????

Sorry I mean RgH >.< I am so out of touch I have been calling it wrong  :laughing:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:01:51 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
okie so dual NAND RGH

The thing I want to do is run backup on external makes it easier for me to do things and then be able to run live without any hacks or modifications and not at the same time.

Its a Glitch from what forum and people are saying. I honestly do not know my self what it really is.

RGH is what we use.  if there is something called RGN i would like to know more about it.  and honestly Dual nand is the best way to go for a modded console .

I do them . i can dual nand Phat and slim consoles.

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
RGH is what we use.  if there is something called RGN i would like to know more about it.  and honestly Dual nand is the best way to go for a modded console .

I do them . i can dual nand Phat and slim consoles.

Lol sorry I do mean RGH, I have been calling it wrong this entire time. I apologize for that.

How much do you charge and what will be required to do it on my slim console?

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
Lol sorry I do mean RGH, I have been calling it wrong this entire time. I apologize for that.

How much do you charge and what will be required to do it on my slim console?
  sent you Pm :)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:42:34 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
That's cheap pricing. You jump on that offer.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
That's cheap pricing. You jump on that offer.

Yes its a great offer for sure

But I think I prefer to do the work for myself. I want to learn how to do this and it will benefit me to actually learn this. I have the right tools too

I wonder how much it will cost to just buy the parts needed. The PCB since I also have solder and 30 gauge sold copper wiring.

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
Yes its a great offer for sure

But I think I prefer to do the work for myself. I want to learn how to do this and it will benefit me to actually learn this. I have the right tools too

I wonder how much it will cost to just buy the parts needed. The PCB since I also have solder and 30 gauge sold copper wiring.
Demon comes with its own wires and so does the coolrunner. when you purchase them

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Demon comes with its own wires and so does the coolrunner. when you purchase them

Ohhhh okie well good save me on wire lol

So far demon and cool runner

Can you run down the list of what it is I need to get or how much it will cost me to buy from you?

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
Ohhhh okie well good save me on wire lol

So far demon and cool runner

Can you run down the list of what it is I need to get or how much it will cost me to buy from you?

It cost me about $75 bucks shipped for demon and coolrunner. then you would need a Nand x and jtag cable to program the  coolrunner which is about $40 I believe for nand x then if you have a Corona mother board only certain coronas can be dual nand. the 4gb corona can not be dual nand yet.   Read my RGH tutorial for more info

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,42585.0.html

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
It cost me about $75 bucks shipped for demon and coolrunner. then you would need a Nand x and jtag cable to program the  coolrunner which is about $40 I believe for nand x then if you have a Corona mother board only certain coronas can be dual nand. the 4gb corona can not be dual nand yet.   Read my RGH tutorial for more info

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,42585.0.html

Wow thank you, this is great

Hmmm i see total price lol a little more than xkey lol well i am sure its worth it.

So the number 8955 to 12625 <- this is the dashboard version right?

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
Wow thank you, this is great

Hmmm i see total price lol a little more than xkey lol well i am sure its worth it.

So the number 8955 to 12625 <- this is the dashboard version right?

Rgh can be done from 8955 to 16203  always best though to update to 13599 for best results for rgh

8955 to 14699 is RGH1
14717 to 16203 is RGH 2
best results for getting the cpu key on Slim is to use dgx

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Rgh can be done from 8955 to 16203  always best though to update to 13599 for best results for rgh

8955 to 14699 is RGH1
14717 to 16203 is RGH 2
best results for getting the cpu key on Slim is to use dgx

Oh okie now I get it.

Okie I'll have to make a checklist of step needed before getting started. I still have not received my xbox 360 slim yet. I'll have to check system information to see what number the dash is to get the right PCB to get the hack going.

At the moment I order my nephew skylander giant for the xbox 360 lol so a little down  on capital gain with bill and the order for the moment. Gonna have order part bite by bite :) Don't mind the wait give me time between work.

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Actually, It Diesnt Matter For The Slim. The Slim Code Is Based On Rgh2 No Matter The Dashboard Version. A Dgx Or ArRgx Is Still Required For The Slim Cpu Key Retrieval.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Well I finally got my xbox 360 slim in the mail yesterday. Saw they did mail me a matte slim (latest version of slim console) Kind of feared they re-mail me the one I just mailed to them. So doing a quick boot to check network setting I crossed finger and saw that I did not have a check mark over the ethernet cable I smiled and can now move on to the mod.

I check my dashboard will definitely require RGH v2

Referencing to Rodents Glitch tutorial and making a list of parts I got this down and wonder what you guys think?

*Xecuter Coolrunner version B (since its cheaper then C)

*Xecuter NAND -X RGH edition  (has allot of what I need minus the coolrunner for both slim and phat)

Now I see that in order to get the right Corona I need to check some motherboard setting. This will determine if I need to get a Corona v1 & v3 Or Corona v2 & v4.

If I am missing anything let me know

All reference of parts by ModchipCentral (Not sure if a good mod store)

Also Keep in mind the Xecuter NAND -X edition has all I need with QSB for the slim and post QSB with wiring and NAND x

So far total cost is around $62 without shipping charges and Corona.

Rodent you said I will need Demon. If I get it will I still need Corona?

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
you need a Rev C  , Rev B will not support corona. also if you check with gizmo he has a matrix glitcher that is even better for a good price and has 48mhz crystal for the corona board for better boot times .  demon is for dual nand and will not work on 4gb corona so once you find out what you have then you can determine that if you want dual nand.

can check here to see if its a corona and what types should be able to pull the side cover off on the side the dvd drive is on and look with a flash light

corona's were after August 17th 2011 but might get lucky could be a trinity i have found some all they way up to october

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,42450.0.html
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:28:19 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
are you sure its a corona? i thought the matte were trinity and glossy/shiny is corona? anyway, again there is no rgh1 or rgh2 for slims, its just rgh. its code is based off rgh2 but it is different in the way it works to boot the codes. which is why phat rgh2 sucks big time for boot but slim rgh are better for boot times.

you will need the read and write for the 4gb corona, if you do have a corona.
best way to check is to look on the back of the xbox and read the amp ratings.
9.63a is corona and 10.83 are trinity.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
are you sure its a corona? i thought the matte were trinity and glossy/shiny is corona?
they both came with  matte black, gloss black, gloss white, Star wars, and Halo 4 consoles are corona's

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez

best way to check is to look on the back of the xbox and read the amp ratings.
9.63a is corona and 10.83 are trinity.

Yeh mine is rated at a 9.6Amp So I do believe it is a Corona by that check rating

you need a Rev C  , Rev B will not support corona. demon is for dual nand and will not work on 4gb corona so once you find out what you have then you can determine that if you want dual nand.

Okie I'll get a Rev c and Yes I bought the 4gb version So no demon and I have seen Matrix glitcher v2 out for very cheap.

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5

Okie I'll get a Rev c and Yes I bought the 4gb version So no demon and I have seen Matrix glitcher v2 out for very cheap.
you will need  this if its a corona 4gb

http://www.vgcrepairs.biz/gaming-console-items/xbox-360-tm/3rd-party-items/4gb-nand-rw-kit-v4?cPath=118_127&
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:49:01 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
you can use the rev c but you would have to get the upgrade corona qsb as well.that's another $15. reason is you need the stby clk which isnt on the corona. the clk is normal with the hana chip which the Corona dont have. the corona upgrade qsb has the 48mhz crystal oscillator so it can be used with the rev c coolrunner. the matrix v2 are cheap and they do work if you want to go that route.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
you will need  this if its a corona 4gb

http://www.vgcrepairs.biz/gaming-console-items/xbox-360-tm/3rd-party-items/4gb-nand-rw-kit-v4?cPath=118_127&

How trustworthy is the site for the chip? I am a little concern when it comes to buying online.

I found the same one on the site I went to find the other

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17835&cat=294&page=1

you can use the rev c but you would have to get the upgrade corona qsb as well.that's another $15. reason is you need the stby clk which isn't on the corona. the clk is normal with the hana chip which the Corona don't have. the corona upgrade qsb has the 48 mhz crystal oscillator so it can be used with the rev c coolrunner. the matrix v2 are cheap and they do work if you want to go that route.

Okie so I will need the CLK? And yes I was trying to find the matrix glitch and instead found the matrix glitcher v2. But what is the benefit of the matrix over what we are doing??

All I wanted to do is run game through Harddrive either internal or external doesn't bother me  either one and then take it off (Disable mod or hack) and play bought game via Live. Nothing more than that lol

If I went and did a soft mod (flash) I would be spending for the Disc and gas to go buy them lol 

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal